PG Music Home
Hello All

This post in the off-topic forum peaked my interest the other day http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=459939#Post459939 (plus the guy who mixes some of my music pointed this site out to me). Since I am interested in the blockchain and specifically how it can change music distribution I thought would give it a try.

So here is a lo-fi instrumental version of the public domain song Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace on Musicoin

I would love to know what you think of the track and also this new service. The product is still in beta so the interface may be a bit chunky and I did have some problems playing the track from my mobile.

RealTracks:
RealTracks in style: 776:Bass, Acoustic, PopWaltz Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 779:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1498:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopWaltzClassic Ev 085
RealDrums in style: PopWaltzEven8^3-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
I would love to know what you think of the track and also this new service. The product is still in beta so the interface may be a bit chunky and I did have some problems playing the track from my mobile.

Over my headphones, the track sounds quite clear and well mixed. Very nice.

My only complaint on the song is that the piano keeps playing the exact same riff over and over. It sounds fine the first couple of times... but eventually starts grating.

The interface works well in my browser. The "Play" icon next to the record should really toggle as a "Pause" button, and the fake drop shadow makes the gray text a bit hard to see. Other than that, is seems pretty intuitive.

The spinning record is a bit distracting. Plus, only the label should be seen spinning - the reflections in grooves don't spin with the record. wink

I don't have any opinions of the service. I might poke around a bit more.
Very well done, Joanne! The mix is stunning. It sounds so crisp and professional. You nailed it smile

As for Musicoin - I don't know enough about it yet. I think time will tell how it pans out in terms of being a respectable music distribution source. They are still in their infancy though so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now smile
© PG Music Forums