PG Music Home
Posted By: Russell Moore This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB - 03/08/18 08:34 AM
Ok, so it's not strictly an 'original' (or even at all!!!) but I thought you guys might like to hear this version of the Beatles classic and made pretty much entirely with Band in a Box Real Styles and my own vocals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzd26klyybigbaf/thisboy_rmoore.mp3?raw=1

One day I'll maybe get the urge to write something new again but for now, this keeps me playing and enjoying making music. Thanks BIAB...
Posted By: David Snyder Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB - 03/08/18 07:26 PM

Hey Russell, I am sure this sounds super, super cool but PG Music posted this up top for legal protection--yours and theirs. Copyright infringement suits are not fun. They can take your house.

The User Showcase is an area where users of PG Music products (e.g. Band-in-a-Box or RealBand) can post links to their original song compositions, for others to listen to.

The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

Start a new thread with each new song post - don't add new songs to an existing thread. The exception to this is if you are posting a lot of songs in a short period of time (compared to others), please post them in a single thread.

Posted By: Russell Moore Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB - 03/14/18 10:27 AM
Hi David, thanks for the note and the advice. I didn't think anyone would mind a cover version as an income-free 'hobby' - how else would people play anything at home or in the pub? - but perhaps you're right...

Cheers, R
Posted By: David Snyder Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB - 03/14/18 06:14 PM

Well a couple of things.

In the United States:

1. They force restaurants to shut down. $40,000 fine for 4 songs.

69 Taps in Medina is hardly the first local bar or restaurant to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit from BMI or the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), the two largest Performance Rights Organizations, or copyright collectives, in the country. Every year, bars, grills and taverns across the country find themselves ordered to pay tens of thousands of dollars to the non-profit behemoths for crimes ranging from playing Bob Dylan on a jukebox to allowing a group of amateur rockers cover John Fogerty. In August of 2011, for example, Fosters American Grille in Raleigh, North Carolina was ordered to pay BMI $30,450 for playing four songs without a license and another $10,700 in attorneys’ fees. The restaurant shuttered that same month.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bmi-reminds-ohio-bar-cover-songs-dont-come-for-free

2. I guess when the owner of a website like this says no cover songs they must have a reason and mean it or they wouldn't have put it up in the first place.
Posted By: Russell Moore Re: This Girl, re-imagined for BIAB - 03/15/18 06:47 AM
Wow, draconian or what? If they tried that in Ireland the whole nation would die of thirst, lol... wink

Point taken though...

R
© PG Music Forums