PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 04:02 PM
I have had songs published and pitched by several of Nashville's top houses.
Sony/Tree (now Sony/ATV), Polygram (now Universal), BMG, Almo-Irving, Starstruck, Millhouse...

This is not one of them.

It WAS, however, the first Nashville publishing contract I signed.
With a "boutique publisher".
Meaning... small, not well-connected, not necessarily effective at placing anything...

Mama Price Music. I met "Mama" Price the first time I visited Nashville.
While waiting outside The Bluebird Cafe to see a Writer's Show.
Her office was in the basement below The Bluebird.
We struck up a conversation and she asked to hear what I had with me (a 4-song cassette).
So we went to her office so she could listen...

She flipped over "Praying For Rain"... which surprised me because I had been given contracts to sign for the other 3 songs earlier in the day (by another small publisher on the Row that I had seen) - those she didn't care about at all.
She stayed in constant contact - she really wanted the song. I finally sent her the signed contract about a month later.
(I never signed the other three since the publisher did not follow up and I was wary, this being my first try at this).

Mama Price worked this song for the next year and a half - until her untimely death from a heart attack.
Her big dream was to get it to Garth Brooks, sure that he would take it to #1.
Pretty sure she never found that path... like I said, not well connected.
But it is nice to have someone truly committed to getting a song cut.
With the bigger houses, you are lucky to get a song worked for more than a couple of months (or weeks, for that matter).

I was fairly green at the "commercial" game then and this song was not strong enough to be of any interest to the bigger houses once I had that access (I would not have even shown it to them - by then I had moved past this).
But it was nice to have a place to start...and it served as a springboard for all that would follow...

(As you listen, keep in mind this is circa 1992...sometimes hard to believe that was 25 years ago)

PRAYING FOR RAIN

she seems to need me most when it's raining
when the skies are turning gray
when she hears the roar of a distant thunder
she always moves my way
snuggles close so i can keep her safe
when the heavens seem untamed
so i'm watching those clouds
roll in from the west
and i'm praying for rain

i'm praying for rain
   in biblical proportions
   let the skies open wide
   let that storm raise some cain
   weatherman says that it won't let up
   god, let him be right for a change
   conditions are right
   i'm holding her tight
   and i'm praying for rain

she loves to feel that sun shine
it lights her up inside
when skies are clear, she shows no fear
she needs no place to hide
first sign of lightning
she's in my arms again
so i'm watching those clouds
roll in from the west
and i'm praying for rain

i'm praying for rain
   in biblical proportions
   let the skies open wide
   conditions are right
   i'm holding her tight
   and i'm praying for rain

conditions are right
i'm holding her tight
and i'm praying for rain

she seems to need me most when it's raining...

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: 1827:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2101:Piano, Rhythm PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 635:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 630:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120 (A:arp)
RealTracks in song: 839:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladClean Ev 085 (A:arp)
RealDrums in Song: PopPromiseEv16^1-a: Snare on 4, HiHat , b: Snare, Open HiHat

Hope you enjoy the look back.
Comments welcome.
Have at it.

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 04:36 PM
Nice song. My listening agrees it would have been a good song for Garth Brooks but I could also hear getting top air play with either Kenny Rogers or a few years earlier, The Oak Ridge Boys. Enjoyed it.

Add a few loops, some drum samples and find an old pickup out in a field somewhere surrounded by near naked farm girl wannabe's for a music video and you wouldn't even need to update the lyrics...
Posted By: tommyad Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 05:27 PM
I don’t care whether it’s 1992 or 2022, that’s a friggin hit! Expertly delivered with conviction and the processing on the guitars is unreal. I love the big compression on the snare and the kit sounds huge. One of my all time favorites from you and we all know there is a big ol pile of great ones to choose from. Wow and another wow after that, this one’s the Big Bang, Tom
Posted By: dcuny Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: floydjane

Yes! My favorite songs of yours - and this is now one of them - have the same quality as those old Loony Tunes cartoons, where once set into motion, everything that follows has an inevitability to it.

You set the scene in the first verse to get a great payoff in the chorus, and continue to hit all the marks as you go along.

Well sung, well produced, and a pleasure to listen to.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 06:58 PM
floyd

After 2 listens it just sticks in your head. Wonderful song writing - and as expected a great performance.
Love it.

Peter
Posted By: rsdean Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 08:13 PM
Floyd,

This is great! If you had not said 1992, I would have never guessed. It feels as though it could have been written yesterday - it's fresh and has a really tight rhythmic pulse.

Stellar production and one of your best vocals as well.

Bob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 08:49 PM
Thanks for the great story Floyd.
Love the intro the verb reminded me of rain as you probably meant it to.
A real powerful pro ballad my friend. Thanks for sharing with us. Rob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Praying For Rain - 03/15/18 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
I don’t care whether it’s 1992 or 2022, that’s a friggin hit! Expertly delivered with conviction and the processing on the guitars is unreal. I love the big compression on the snare and the kit sounds huge. One of my all time favorites from you and we all know there is a big ol pile of great ones to choose from. Wow and another wow after that, this one’s the Big Bang, Tom

I agree completely!

This is another keeper from Floyd.
Posted By: RichMac Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 04:48 AM

Hi Floyd.

Enjoy your stories and this is probably my favourite song of yours so far.
Everything just flows.
Two thumbs up.

Cheers.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 07:51 AM
Excellent!

Sounds like a hit to me, and doesn't sound dated at all.

Killer mix, man, those drums sound great!

Enjoyed reading the story behind it too.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 09:55 AM
Really great song Floyd. As you know, you shared this with me a while ago and I loved it then and I love it now.

How about we write a song that starts:

"You and me
behind the barn
storm clouds on the way..."

smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 10:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Nice song. My listening agrees it would have been a good song for Garth Brooks but I could also hear getting top air play with either Kenny Rogers or a few years earlier, The Oak Ridge Boys. Enjoyed it.

Add a few loops, some drum samples and find an old pickup out in a field somewhere surrounded by near naked farm girl wannabe's for a music video and you wouldn't even need to update the lyrics...

Thanks, Charlie. I have thought of this (for a long time) as an "old" song. Your reaction (and others) suggest that I might want to reevaluate that... Perhaps I'll try a "modern" adaptation... smile

At that time, Kenny was no longer charting (though he continues to record today) and, as you imply, the Oaks were well into their "Branson days". But I could have been happy with album cuts from either of them... smile
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 11:05 AM
Wow - this is outstanding! It shows a very deep understanding of songwriting. It is the perfect level of sincere and perfectly catchy. I honestly don't think there is a thing that could be added to improve this tune. Not to mention - your vocal performance is absolutely outstanding. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the country classics radio station.

Truly great job - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 05:03 PM

Tom - you surprised me with that! Coming from you, that means a lot...
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 08:56 PM
Floyd,

I can see why Mama Price thought of Garth- the way the pent up emotion in the verse lyrics leads to the drama in the chorus...I can hear him singing this. Very, very good songwriting in any decade! Not strong enough for the big guys? Many would disagree.
Stunningly good vocal and production.
Thanks for including the backstory.

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 10:33 PM

Exactly!!! I think you really sold this short in your description Floyd. It IS a killer song....cleverly crafted and holding a lot of heart! I particularly love:

conditions are right
i'm holding her tight
and i'm praying for rain

Tight, a bit of humor, and a big payoff. This should be a hit!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: Praying For Rain - 03/16/18 11:29 PM
Loved this right out of the gate. This sits right up there with the songs being played on the radio. With all the TV shows like the Voice and all the talent there is out there trying to make it, it just boggles the mind. So many good songs, players and singers and so few make a decent living..

Super lyric and backtrack and just an awesome vocal. Well done Floyd
Posted By: Mark K Re: Praying For Rain - 03/17/18 02:12 AM
My dad being a vegetable farmer would often be praying for rain, but not for the same reason. My mom and him did seem to be awful chummy if it did rain.

I especially like how you stop at the end of "and i'm praying for rain" (end of verse?) giving real emphasis to the next phrase "i'm praying for rain" (start of chorus?). Sorry, I never know what is considered the verse or chorus of a song.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Praying For Rain - 03/17/18 09:01 AM
Another contribution where you continue to surprise which is typical of the quality delivery from you Floyd. However, not for a second any less than the quality we've come to enjoy every time you contribute.

This is a fantastic production. I would go out on a limb and state that those drums drive the delivery better than a dedicated studio team could have performed. Yes, this is a really fantastic. Those Nashville houses ought to be paying real close attention wink .
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/17/18 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Originally Posted By: floydjane

Yes! My favorite songs of yours - and this is now one of them - have the same quality as those old Loony Tunes cartoons, where once set into motion, everything that follows has an inevitability to it.

You set the scene in the first verse to get a great payoff in the chorus, and continue to hit all the marks as you go along.

Well sung, well produced, and a pleasure to listen to.

So I produce Mickey Mouse music? smile

"...set the scene in the first verse to get a great payoff in the chorus, and continue to hit all the marks as you go along."

Now there is advice to live by!

Thanks, David.
Posted By: ROG Re: Praying For Rain - 03/17/18 04:23 PM
Hi Floyd,

This has got to ring a bell with all of us who were scared of thunder as a kid and
particularly with those of us who never grew out of it! Such a simple plot, but just
so very effective.

That for me, is what the song is all about, what makes it work so well.
The story, the concept, stays with you long after the music has faded away.

As for the rest - superbly professional in every respect. Only what we expect!

Cheers, ROG.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Praying For Rain - 03/17/18 05:04 PM
cool song... yep I could see Garth and a few others recording this back in the day....

It's all in who you know in that town.

Was this a remake or the original version..... ?
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Praying For Rain - 03/18/18 10:01 AM
i'm praying for rain
in biblical proportions
let the skies open wide
conditions are right
i'm holding her tight
and i'm praying for rain

As a music friend would say, “that chorus is strong as a garlic milkshake!”

Janice’s first comment was how the intro guitar sounded like rain.

I’m so damn old I refuse to think of the 90’s as old school. It was a time for many great songs that hold their own today. And re a song like this, well, folks still have the same feelings...feelings that a great song like this can either help them through or offer them a glimpse of what others may be dealing with. They aren’t all out on the EDM dance floor smile

Mama Price was right and Garth ain’t gone.

This is a beautiful production and remarkably well performed.

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Praying For Rain - 03/18/18 04:44 PM
Wow Floyd, that's a good one!! As Tom noted, that is a Hit!! Just a matter of the right person hearing it at the right time I guess! You have a catalog full of great songs and one day one of those will be very well known in my opinion! I appreciate the quality of work you present here! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Praying For Rain - 03/18/18 05:47 PM
Floyd

Another pro track from your collection. Superior production.

SD
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/19/18 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

After 2 listens it just sticks in your head. Wonderful song writing - and as expected a great performance.
Love it.

Peter

Thanks, Peter...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

This is great! If you had not said 1992, I would have never guessed. It feels as though it could have been written yesterday - it's fresh and has a really tight rhythmic pulse.

Stellar production and one of your best vocals as well.

Bob

Bob - appreciate all of that... Thanks!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/20/18 09:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Thanks for the great story Floyd.
Love the intro the verb reminded me of rain as you probably meant it to.
A real powerful pro ballad my friend. Thanks for sharing with us. Rob

Thanks, Rob. The effects on the guitar is actual a "Groove Delay" in Studio One (Professional). Not sure what version you have or what is included in each version, but if you have the Groove Delay, try it out on some stuff. It's a very cool tool and can open up some interesting ideas for sound - particularly guitar rhythms...

Originally Posted By: MarioD

I agree completely!

This is another keeper from Floyd.

Thanks, Mario...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/20/18 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi Floyd.

Enjoy your stories and this is probably my favourite song of yours so far.
Everything just flows.
Two thumbs up.

Cheers.

Appreciate that, Richard..
Posted By: Curt Young Re: Praying For Rain - 03/21/18 04:07 PM
Floyd,

I've been listening in to some great tunes on the Forum, but haven't commented in a while.

What can I say? Another well-crafted composition. I would agree that it probably wouldn't take much to update this to a more contemporary sound. Although I, for one, miss the old stuff.

But I guess classic country isn't coming back in the commercial establishment anytime soon.

Doesn't stop me from saying that I like this just as it is, though.

Thanks for giving us another one to enjoy!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/21/18 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Excellent!

Sounds like a hit to me, and doesn't sound dated at all.

Killer mix, man, those drums sound great!

Enjoyed reading the story behind it too.

...and I enjoyed reading your comments. Thanks, Dave!
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Praying For Rain - 03/21/18 08:14 PM
As usual, the genuine article.
WSS
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Praying For Rain - 03/22/18 05:03 AM
Hello, floyd

Very powerful vocals as ever!
The melody is very pop.
The tone of intro guitar is wonderful.
As many others said, this is a top level production.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/22/18 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Really great song Floyd. As you know, you shared this with me a while ago and I loved it then and I love it now.

How about we write a song that starts:

"You and me
behind the barn
storm clouds on the way..."

smile

Ah yes, I remember it well...

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - this is outstanding! It shows a very deep understanding of songwriting. It is the perfect level of sincere and perfectly catchy. I honestly don't think there is a thing that could be added to improve this tune. Not to mention - your vocal performance is absolutely outstanding. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the country classics radio station.

Truly great job - thanks for sharing smile

Thanks, Deryk, for those very nice comments...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/23/18 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

I can see why Mama Price thought of Garth- the way the pent up emotion in the verse lyrics leads to the drama in the chorus...I can hear him singing this. Very, very good songwriting in any decade! Not strong enough for the big guys? Many would disagree.
Stunningly good vocal and production.
Thanks for including the backstory.

Robert

Thanks for that very nice "review", Robert...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/24/18 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Exactly!!! I think you really sold this short in your description Floyd. It IS a killer song....cleverly crafted and holding a lot of heart! I particularly love:

conditions are right
i'm holding her tight
and i'm praying for rain

Tight, a bit of humor, and a big payoff. This should be a hit!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - big smiles generated from that one! smile smile smile smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/24/18 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this right out of the gate. This sits right up there with the songs being played on the radio. With all the TV shows like the Voice and all the talent there is out there trying to make it, it just boggles the mind. So many good songs, players and singers and so few make a decent living..

Super lyric and backtrack and just an awesome vocal. Well done Floyd

Appreciate that, Scott.. thanks!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Praying For Rain - 03/24/18 10:11 PM
That first person who's in the biz at any level who really believes in you is one you never forget. I imagine Mama Price will always hold that special place in your memories. Enjoyed the story and the listen.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/25/18 10:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Mark K
My dad being a vegetable farmer would often be praying for rain, but not for the same reason. My mom and him did seem to be awful chummy if it did rain.

I especially like how you stop at the end of "and i'm praying for rain" (end of verse?) giving real emphasis to the next phrase "i'm praying for rain" (start of chorus?). Sorry, I never know what is considered the verse or chorus of a song.

Thanks for stopping in for a listen, Mark. Appreciate it. (you identified those parts just fine...)

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Another contribution where you continue to surprise which is typical of the quality delivery from you Floyd. However, not for a second any less than the quality we've come to enjoy every time you contribute.

This is a fantastic production. I would go out on a limb and state that those drums drive the delivery better than a dedicated studio team could have performed. Yes, this is a really fantastic. Those Nashville houses ought to be paying real close attention wink .

Trev - thanks for those nice thoughts... These days, it's nice just to have a place like this where a few people will give a listen and (perhaps) enjoy what we do...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/26/18 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

This has got to ring a bell with all of us who were scared of thunder as a kid and
particularly with those of us who never grew out of it! Such a simple plot, but just
so very effective.

That for me, is what the song is all about, what makes it work so well.
The story, the concept, stays with you long after the music has faded away.

As for the rest - superbly professional in every respect. Only what we expect!

Cheers, ROG.

Thanks for your thoughts, ROG...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/26/18 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool song... yep I could see Garth and a few others recording this back in the day....

Thanks for stopping in for a listen and for that, Herb.

Quote:
It's all in who you know in that town.

That is a simplistic and naïve proclamation of how things work in Nashville. And not really accurate - at all...

Quote:
Was this a remake or the original version..... ?

This is all done with RealTracks from BIAB - so, of course it is not the original version - RealTracks
did not exist 25 years ago. The song itself hasn't changed at all.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
i'm praying for rain
in biblical proportions
let the skies open wide
conditions are right
i'm holding her tight
and i'm praying for rain

As a music friend would say, “that chorus is strong as a garlic milkshake!”

Janice’s first comment was how the intro guitar sounded like rain.

I’m so damn old I refuse to think of the 90’s as old school. It was a time for many great songs that hold their own today. And re a song like this, well, folks still have the same feelings...feelings that a great song like this can either help them through or offer them a glimpse of what others may be dealing with. They aren’t all out on the EDM dance floor smile

Mama Price was right and Garth ain’t gone.

This is a beautiful production and remarkably well performed.

J&B

HA! "...and Garth ain't gone." Cracked me up. (Are you sure about that?).
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 03/28/18 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wow Floyd, that's a good one!! As Tom noted, that is a Hit!! Just a matter of the right person hearing it at the right time I guess! You have a catalog full of great songs and one day one of those will be very well known in my opinion! I appreciate the quality of work you present here! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey..... really appreciate that....
Posted By: Biglad Re: Praying For Rain - 03/29/18 10:27 AM
Floyd as always you deliver. Strong content and written with conviction. this could easily be a hit today ,pure country ala strait,brooks tritt pure quality.
as always im drawn to the quality and depth of the vocals ,how you achivece such a sound is beyond my expertise.thank you for bring a little sunshine not rain onto my day
god bless john
Posted By: cliftond Re: Praying For Rain - 03/29/18 01:56 PM
Yeah, Mama was right, this should have been on one of Garth's records. Great song Floyd!!!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Praying For Rain - 03/29/18 04:44 PM
Hello Floyd Jane, thank you for sharing this with us. Great sense of depth with this. Well done!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Praying For Rain - 03/30/18 09:36 PM
hi Floyd great production well i have to say i have never heard a bad song from you yet great work always look forward to here what your doing thanks eric
Posted By: rayc Re: Praying For Rain - 03/31/18 07:33 AM
The song is easily strong enough & I can hear GB singing it.
No need - your version is excellent.
95? Hmm, that was a while back.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/01/18 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Floyd

Another pro track from your collection. Superior production.

SD

SD - thanks for stopping by....

Originally Posted By: Curt Young
Floyd,

I've been listening in to some great tunes on the Forum, but haven't commented in a while.

What can I say? Another well-crafted composition. I would agree that it probably wouldn't take much to update this to a more contemporary sound. Although I, for one, miss the old stuff.

But I guess classic country isn't coming back in the commercial establishment anytime soon.

Doesn't stop me from saying that I like this just as it is, though.

Thanks for giving us another one to enjoy!

Curt - always nice to see you again... thanks for the nice comments..
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/01/18 07:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Westside Steve
As usual, the genuine article.
WSS

Steve - that is one of my favorite all time reviews... in 5 words...

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Very powerful vocals as ever!
The melody is very pop.
The tone of intro guitar is wonderful.
As many others said, this is a top level production.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - you know I appreciate your continued support...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
That first person who's in the biz at any level who really believes in you is one you never forget. I imagine Mama Price will always hold that special place in your memories. Enjoyed the story and the listen.

LOL - she had an interesting perspective...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/02/18 07:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Biglad
Floyd as always you deliver. Strong content and written with conviction. this could easily be a hit today ,pure country ala strait,brooks tritt pure quality.
as always im drawn to the quality and depth of the vocals ,how you achivece such a sound is beyond my expertise.thank you for bring a little sunshine not rain onto my day
god bless john

Glad you enjoyed this, John. Appreciate all the nice comments. Thanks.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/03/18 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Yeah, Mama was right, this should have been on one of Garth's records. Great song Floyd!!!

smile Appreciate that! Thanks for having a listen...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/04/18 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hello Floyd Jane, thank you for sharing this with us. Great sense of depth with this. Well done!

Glad you stopped by for a listen, Joe. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Floyd great production well i have to say i have never heard a bad song from you yet great work always look forward to here what your doing thanks eric

Thanks for all of that, Eric... appreciate it..

Originally Posted By: rayc
The song is easily strong enough & I can hear GB singing it.
No need - your version is excellent.
95? Hmm, that was a while back.

Ray - thanks for having a listen...
Posted By: Skyline Re: Praying For Rain - 04/04/18 12:17 PM
Well, it sounds like hit material to me. Superb work all round. I loved it.

The 'pro' industry is mostly a closed shop where mediocre stuff gets to major artists because of vested interests and people protecting their patch. I've sent demos direct to artists I know are right for them but they're 'protected' by PAs, etc. so they never get to hear them. It wouldn't do for first class outsider compositions to get through, now would it?

Best,
John
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Praying For Rain - 04/05/18 10:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Skyline
Well, it sounds like hit material to me. Superb work all round. I loved it.

The 'pro' industry is mostly a closed shop where mediocre stuff gets to major artists because of vested interests and people protecting their patch. I've sent demos direct to artists I know are right for them but they're 'protected' by PAs, etc. so they never get to hear them. It wouldn't do for first class outsider compositions to get through, now would it?

Best,
John

John - So nice to see you drop in again... I do hope this means we are about to hear something new from you - which is ALWAYS a real treat! Thanks for the listen...
© PG Music Forums