PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 01:02 PM
Hi guys I've been using audio file for many years just never posted any of my stuff here. Here's a song I wrote a reasonably long time ago and just resurrected it with audiophile, some new lyrics and a new bridge. It's called they call her the evenstar. Hope you like it.

Listen to (They call her) The Evenstar by Westside Steve Simmons #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/westside-steve-simmons/evenstar-1-plat

WSS
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 01:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this song with us! You have a really lovely sound, and I really love the content to this song. I'd be curious to hear the original if you still have it kicking around somewhere, even if it was just a recording you made back in the day, just to listen to them side-by-side. But this version is very, very lovely and you should be proud of it!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 01:46 PM
Steve,

A very pleasant listen. Really nice vocals and harmonies - very well recorded.

floyd
Posted By: dcuny Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 04:00 PM
Hi, Steve.

A well-done song all around, and an enjoyable listen.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 07:05 PM
Great tune with a seasoned performance. Your experience really shines through here.You have a great vocal style for country. Looks like you've been holding out on is :)Would love to hear more. Thanks for posting.Rob
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 07:46 PM
Steve, you've got a great voice man! Great job on this tune, first I've heard of yours and it's very nice! Keep on rockin' Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 08:07 PM
Wow, thank you all so very much. As far as the original version that would have been back in the 70s and the recording techniques we're pretty much limited to a board mix of the band when I was in one. I'm beginning year number 30 has a solo now.
As with a lot of my older songs when I go back 40 plus years I sometimes blush with embarrassment over some of my lyrics. That's one of the reasons I brought this one back and worked on them.
WSS
Posted By: David Snyder Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/19/18 10:03 PM

Hey this is great. Sounds kinda like the Eagles. Great lyrics and arrangement.

Really enjoyed this!
Posted By: PeterF Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 01:34 AM
Steve

Really nice song - excellent lead and harmony vocals.
Clearly a professional sound (some nice youtube videos out there).

Peter
Posted By: Tano Music Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 07:44 AM
Really nice track, very much enjoyed it...would have liked:
the lyrics -- I like to follow along as I listen
how you built the production -- which tracks are live, which are BIAB? Which Style?
Besides getting the enjoyment of listening to a well-made song like this, it would be great to understand what is behind the production!

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 10:04 AM
Thanks guys. By the way Tano and the rest of you I apologize for not following the rules. I'm going to have to look up the file and see which exact Styles I used. As far as the recording program its sonar Platinum the microphone is an AKG 414 interface is Audient preamp is a focusrite isa one.
With the steel solo I recorded a couple of them and cut and pasted phrases I liked.

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 10:33 AM
Well done with standout vocals!

The mix sounds fine on our monitors. This is obviously not your first production rodeo!

Got that early country rock feel going a la Eagles, etc.

Kudos...

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 11:15 AM
Very well done! Right from the first 5 seconds my toe was tapping. The groove on this is infectious. I'm imagining this performed in a live setting and sounding incredible, and filling a dancefloor easily. Not to mention your vocal performance is great.

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 12:05 PM
Thank you Deryk and J & B.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 02:17 PM
Very nice job. It has an Eagles vibe to it... from their early years.

I like this .... I have also contemplated going back and reworking a few of the early years projects, and of course, updating the music and the lyrics.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Very nice job. It has an Eagles vibe to it... from their early years.

I like this .... I have also contemplated going back and reworking a few of the early years projects, and of course, updating the music and the lyrics.

Yes I have dozens of songs kicking around from the 70s and 80s. Every once in awhile I like to pick one out and give it a facelift.
WSS
Posted By: tommyad Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 05:31 PM
Steve, this sounds really good. Well sung and produced. I look forward to hearing more of your songs, Tom
Posted By: MarioD Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/20/18 09:37 PM
Steve this is pro all the way. Everything is spot on. Your vocals are fantastic and your lyrics are great. Add those to this perfect backing track and you have a winner.

When this started I immediately thought of The New Riders of the Purple Sage then it morphed into Eagles. Great job on that!

This is a keeper.
Posted By: rsdean Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/21/18 06:29 AM
Steve,

Great song, production and outstanding vocal. I really enjoyed this.

Bob
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/21/18 01:12 PM
Mario, Tommy, Dean. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

WSS
Posted By: furry Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/22/18 09:42 AM
Brilliant production, and a song that certainly should be heard on mainstream radio.
Posted By: Scott C Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/22/18 06:29 PM
Cool tune Steve. Super vocal. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: They call her the evenstar - 03/24/18 10:10 AM
Thanks for listening Furry and Scotty!
© PG Music Forums