PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis My Sweet Melissa - 03/23/18 05:57 PM
[Link no longer valid]

This is a song that I wrote over a year ago. Till now there was only an acoustic version of it. When I saw a listing on Songtradr looking for Celtic music I decided to work it up. I didn't re-record the vocals or original acoustic guitar track. I may go back and do that eventually.

Real Tracks Used:
1162:Bass, Acoustic, Celtic Reel Ev16
1812:Bouzouki, Rhythm, Celtic Reel Ev16
1164:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Celtic Reel Ev16
Real Drums=Tambourine Celtic Ev16

Vocals and acoustic guitar were left in from the original acoustic version. Realtracks were added in on top and mixed accordingly.

I'll have to add the lyrics at a later time...
Posted By: Scott C Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/24/18 10:55 PM
Cool toe tapper Samuel. Excellent vocal and lyric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/26/18 05:13 PM
We saw that listing. Our only celtic song is a version of Rollin' and Tumblin' Sorta figured that wasn't what they had in mind smile

Nice bounce to this. Oughta fit the request well.

Best to you.

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/26/18 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
When I saw a listing on Songtradr looking for Celtic music I decided to work it up.

Hehe. Love it - both the song and your creative approach! laugh
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/26/18 07:14 PM
Once again Samuel, a very nice vocal on a catchy tune! Best wishes for success with it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/26/18 07:57 PM
I think we can all share the sentiment -- about the one who got away. A really lovely song, and I love the style you decided to go with for this one. Awesome job, and thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/26/18 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. This is actually one of my favorite songs that I've written. I may do a second version of it for an EP that I'm contemplating making.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/27/18 08:58 AM
Great performance and mix. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/27/18 11:16 AM
Really enjoyed that. Great write, good lyrics, and the feel is perfect.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/27/18 12:49 PM
You nailed this, Samuel smile I love the simplicity and stripped down nature of this tune. There is a lot of sincerity to both your vocals and the backing instruments too. It is very, very pretty and also extremely relatable. I honestly think this may be my favourite I've heard from you yet.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/27/18 03:55 PM

This is a really good song Samuel. Good luck with it!

smile
Posted By: Tano Music Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/27/18 06:12 PM
+++ great vocal approach, nailed the style, very listenable, arrangement works perfectly for your concept.
Posted By: Sundance Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/28/18 12:34 AM
If they find one that beats that one, well more power to them...Great job on this Samuel!
Posted By: kybordr Re: My Sweet Melissa - 03/28/18 03:17 PM
Echo all of the above. Very engaging. Makes me wish I was in a pub, drinking a Guinness, listening to you playing this song.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: My Sweet Melissa - 04/02/18 02:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Once again Samuel, a very nice vocal on a catchy tune! Best wishes for success with it! Thanks, Torrey

Agreed!! Very much enjoyed it! Good luck!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums