PG Music Home
Previously:
Originally Posted By: furry
Good fun. Let's hear some more !

Well, your wish is my command, so here's another re-imagining of music by "birthday boy" Bach, and a step up from the last one in my direct choices & changes. This time around my take is on a far more known piece of music, "Jesus, Joy of Man's Desiring, Cantata 147", which even the most stout classics-haters will have heard - though maybe not quite like this wink

Enjoy! - THE JOY OF BACH (now also on Soundcloud if you prefer, HERE)

Formalities, per usual (some of which hopefully just might surprise):

Title: The Joy of Bach's Music

Style is SYM34_1.STY
BassCustom Synth is Hi-Q 034 01 Bass, Electric, 61 Classic Sforzando.tgs
Style MIDI Instruments are : Fender Bass (34), Rock Organ (19),
RealTracks in song: 2117:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~1184:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopWaltzGrittyHeld Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: BluesRock128^
Icelander...thanks for continuing your exploration of JSB..I want to study your notation--you're using BIAB to a depth that i don't normally plumb, so I may just copy your exercise myself in order to learn more about the software. It is beautifully done, and it shows that masterful compositions can shine when handled with caring treatments, as you have done. Thanks again!
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Icelander...thanks for continuing your exploration of JSB..I want to study === I may just copy your exercise myself in order to learn more about the software.
No need, you (most likely) already have the original template I worked from right there in your own BBox folder! cool
If your goal is to utilise BBox to study music, then you can't go wrong with checking out the folder "Songs and Lessons" which came with the program - that place is full of an absolute motherload of material to study to your heart's content. I strongly recommend you give that place a visit, and keep an eye out for a collection of "Midi Fakebook" folders in there, that's where all the classical stuff resides.
Thanks for a very complimenting feedback, much obliged smile
Hi Icelander,

well done. I liked listening.

Guenter
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Icelander,

well done. I liked listening.

Guenter
Danke schön, Ihre Musik klingt auch ganz gut cool
Nice
WSS
Originally Posted By: Westside Steve
Nice
WSS
Thanks... that's the 3rd (or 4th) feedback from a member I get that I have not 'met' here before shocked
Very nice Loved the YouTube video of the BIAB playing the chords Very neat
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very nice Loved the YouTube video of the BIAB playing the chords Very neat
Yes, that feature definitely has its values sometimes. Thanks for the feedback, as always smile
This is way above my paygrade regarding understanding both song structure and classical pieces in general.

However, I know enough about BiaB to realize that in talented hands there are almost endless numbers of avenues to explore with this software.

I'm going to send the link to a friend who is an accomplished classical musician -- just to show him what can be done beyond the blues and Americana that he hears from us smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is way above my paygrade regarding understanding both song structure and classical pieces in general.
Now now, no need to sell yourself off short like that wink
I'm going to send the link to a friend who is an accomplished classical musician -- just to show him what can be done beyond the blues and Americana that he hears from us smile
Very good, just be sure that person as a classics lover is properly warned in advance grin

Enjoyed it!
Which is, as always, the important thing! Thanks for the feedback cool
© PG Music Forums