PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark K Cast Me Off - 03/29/18 06:35 PM
Cast Me Off

My fifth song posting. BiaB for chord progression, RealTracks, Melodist generated melody, and Soloist generated piano solo. Reaper DAW used for arranging, vocal recording, midi editing, and mixing. Male vocal is double tracked. I sing one track for male vocal. Software used to synthesize second male track and female background vocal.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Cast Me Off
File:Cast Me Off_c.MGU
Key=Dm , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=4:30
4 bar intro, 128 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 132. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 404 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 2664 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _ELECPOP.STY (Electronic Melodic Pop)

RealTracks in style: 1739:Bass, Synth ModernDancePop8ths Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2582:Synth, Rhythm MutedMelody Ev16 120
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\House - crunchy_120_b drums ev16.wav
RealTracks in style: 2298:Bass, Synth, DanceRockBuzzBass Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1943:Synth, Rhythm, EuroDance Strings Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1949:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist PopRootsyJohn Ev16 100

Cast Me Off
Posted By: dcuny Re: Cast Me Off - 03/29/18 09:23 PM
Peppy and upbeat, in contrast to the lyrics - I like it.

The piano breaks worked really nicely.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cast Me Off - 03/30/18 04:19 AM
Hi Mark,

I enjoyed this.

I'm not all that familiar with the EDM genre but you had me sitting here tapping my feet as I travelled along with you.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Cast Me Off - 03/30/18 09:21 AM
Very different backtrack in a cool way. Well done. Excellent vocal. Well done
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Cast Me Off - 03/30/18 07:24 PM
Great effort and nicely done. Rob
Posted By: jannesan Re: Cast Me Off - 04/01/18 03:07 AM
Very nice synth pop song like straight from the 80's, the golden age of the style, you have combined real and synthesized vocals nicely. Funny coincidence that the piano soloist sounds quite similar to the one I used in my old synth pop song (On The Edge)

Janne
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Cast Me Off - 04/01/18 04:43 PM
Mark,

Nicely done. Certainly different than the usual postings in the forum - nice to see this type thing done using BIAB.

A good beat throughout. The piano is a nice addition to the EDM parts.

Cool stuff.

floyd
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Cast Me Off - 04/01/18 05:42 PM
I really like how much this particular song stands out against the other content in the showcase. For only being your fifth song posted to the showcase, it is pretty phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing, and hopefully you are having a good Easter long weekend!
Posted By: Mark K Re: Cast Me Off - 04/01/18 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice synth pop song like straight from the 80's, the golden age of the style, you have combined real and synthesized vocals nicely. Funny coincidence that the piano soloist sounds quite similar to the one I used in my old synth pop song (On The Edge)

Janne

Thanks Janne, I listened to "On The Edge". Yes, I think you used the same piano soloist as me, or I should say, I used the same piano soloist as you. I really like the repeated "love makes you crazy" Vocaloid singer near the end of your song. I'm finding that double tracking using the Vocaloid singer with my vocals kind of covers up the sins in each others track - the vocaloid singing in key with me covering up the "robot" sound.
Posted By: Mark K Re: Cast Me Off - 04/01/18 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mark,

Nicely done. Certainly different than the usual postings in the forum - nice to see this type thing done using BIAB.

A good beat throughout. The piano is a nice addition to the EDM parts.

Cool stuff.

floyd

Thanks for the compliments Floyd. I thought I loved electric guitar for solos, but I'm finding that I really love piano. BIAB makes it easy and difficult at the same time - easy that you can find out what works best by trying different things; difficult that you need to choose one of the options!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Cast Me Off - 04/02/18 10:40 AM
Wow - what a unique and invigorating tune! It is very unique - not just for the showcase, but in general. As others mentioned, the contrast of the poppy upbeat instrumental with those lyrics is something to withhold. Definitely ear-catching, and definitely a memorable tune.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums