PG Music Home
Hi all. Still messing with my mixing in Studio One.
I think I'm getting closer to a good mix.All comments welcome.
Handle Me With care

Now I don't speak so eloquently or crave those fancy fares.
And I don't seek to flatter your heart and put on pretentious aires
But I ask you is you please handle me with care.

I don't need your cold cruel words to keep me on the line.
I don't need your intimidation for my loves no crime.

Chorus
Is all I want is you treat me right and don't go messing me round.
But then you and leave me in the dark on the lonesome side of the town.

Bridge

All I want is you treat me right and don't go messing me round.

Oh my baby cant you hear me cry my desperation abounds.
All I want is you hold me tight with your warm soft arms surround.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Handle me with care
File:Handle me with care.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 105, Length (m:s)=3:16
2 bar intro, 80 bar chorus, from bar 3 to bar 82. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _HAYSTAX.STY (Haystacks Country Boogie)

RealTracks in style: ~1845:Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~1854:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogie Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~953:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieCleanA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~956:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums in style: SouthernFast12-8Soul^01-a:Hat, Snare , b:Ride, Snare

Vocals and harmony my self

Hey Rob… I enjoyed listening to your track… I think your style in the mix was right on what you were trying to achieve…

May I make one suggestion on the lyrics? I would change that first two lines… I think when you say “I don’t speak eloquently”, that seems like a kind of oxymoron, and, right at the start causes a little confusion... and in the second line “pretentious aires” also seems to go against what you’re trying to say … I would look for some other more blunt or course type of words that would fit better with someone who “don’t speak well”...just a suggestion… Thanks for sharing!
Good song, Rob, vocal is sitting very well in the mix.

Did you add that echo to the guitar panned right? Very effective, especially during the intro.

I'm no expert on mixing, I'm just learning myself. But to my ears everything sounded good, I like the way you are making full use of the stereo field.

Enjoyed the listen!
This mix has some pop and you've doing pretty good mixing in Studio One. It's a great DAW and sounds like you'll get along just fine. Good mix, arrangement, production and performance. Enjoyed my listen.
Hey Rob4580, Thanks for sharing this with us! I enjoyed the lyrics on this. Has a very Elvis vibe. Great Work!
Rob,

This sounds great! Love the song and tracks. Very cool vocal and a great mix!

Bob
Rob, this sounds like a modern day Elvis with Jordanaires in the background. Of course that’s a really good thing. The mix sounds great. Bravo, Tom
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Hey Rob… I enjoyed listening to your track… I think your style in the mix was right on what you were trying to achieve…

May I make one suggestion on the lyrics? I would change that first two lines… I think when you say “I don’t speak eloquently”, that seems like a kind of oxymoron, and, right at the start causes a little confusion... and in the second line “pretentious aires” also seems to go against what you’re trying to say … I would look for some other more blunt or course type of words that would fit better with someone who “don’t speak well”...just a suggestion… Thanks for sharing!

Hello Tano. Really appreciate your suggestion for the lyrics. I did try to write them from the perspective of some one with low self esteem and he was feeling or had been made to feel the the other party was out of his league and he was struggling to reach the higher standards. That's what I was trying to put across in the lyrics (another done me wrong song). Some times I feel I am always re writing the same song over again so coming from another angle gave me a fresh take on the story line. I do appreciate your advice and will have another look at the lyrics. Thank you for taking the time to make a great point. Rob
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song, Rob, vocal is sitting very well in the mix.

Did you add that echo to the guitar panned right? Very effective, especially during the intro.

I'm no expert on mixing, I'm just learning myself. But to my ears everything sounded good, I like the way you are making full use of the stereo field.

Enjoyed the listen!

Hello Blue. Thank you for your great comment. Rob
Rob,
You write some very enjoyable "done me wrong"songs and this is another- I see no reason to stop!
An excellent Elvis depth to your voice (as usual) and I liked the mix - especially the fiddle break.
Good one.

Robert
Rob,

Your mixes are really POPPING these days! Love the crisp guitars in this. Everything - bass, drums, guitars, vocals - sound good...

Cool song. An enjoyable listen.

fj
Rob4580,

Like the clean, 1950’s guitar sound you got going on here--as Floyd said, they "pop". And the vocals brings you right back to that era. Another tune of yours I’ve heard that would just be killer live. Do you perform? Because the two tunes I’ve heard from you could easily get a crowd going. Very well done.

Humble regards,

Deej
Fun little tune Rob!! Always love your vocals. This is well put together....like the BGs too! Take care. Greg
Yeah, I love how this goes from Elvis to country and back so smoothly love this song Rob!!! great vocals and the instruments are top notch.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This mix has some pop and you've doing pretty good mixing in Studio One. It's a great DAW and sounds like you'll get along just fine. Good mix, arrangement, production and performance. Enjoyed my listen.

Thank you Charlie.
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hey Rob4580, Thanks for sharing this with us! I enjoyed the lyrics on this. Has a very Elvis vibe. Great Work!

Hello Joe. Had Elvis in mind when I wrote this. Thank you.Rob
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Rob,

This sounds great! Love the song and tracks. Very cool vocal and a great mix!

Bob

Many thanks Bob.
Very well done, Rob! I love the groove and energy in this tune. Very reminiscent of stuff from the late 50's/early 60's. As others have said - this sounds a lot like Elvis Presley but with a country twist. It works very well.

Great work - thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums