PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller TUNE 4 - 05/20/18 04:28 PM
[Link no longer valid]

Hi friends, it's been five months since my last tune was posted!

Like its predecessors on my channel, Tune 4 is built around a sax riff I came up with while practicing.

This is my fourth production with PG Music software.

All tracks are RealTracks with the exception of my flute and tenor sax tracks. Thanks to Neil Swainson, Lewis Nash, Miles Black, Oliver Gannon, and Mike Moreno for their amazing playing.

The Basic style was ZZJazz.

Other than BIAB/RB, Audacity was used for a dash of post-mix editing (crop, Amplify, bass boost for Soundcloud).

The 10-band EQ, and PG Reverb were used on most tracks, with Chorus/Echo on the solo guitar, and a bit of chorus on the horn section to fatten it up. I used two outside plugins- EasyQ parametric equalizer, and Sanford Delay on the solo sax track.

As always, thanks very much for listening and enjoy! If you dig it, please leave a like, and consider following me.
Posted By: LPman Re: TUNE 4 - 05/20/18 07:11 PM
Hi Warren Keller,
This song is well developed, the weaving of instruments, yet retaining a wrapped theme is awesome. Great production, enjoyed this song very much!
Posted By: Scott C Re: TUNE 4 - 05/20/18 10:19 PM
Very cool tune. Very enjoyable listen. Guitar was excellent...
Posted By: rayc Re: TUNE 4 - 05/21/18 03:45 AM
Very tidy jazz with a bit of energy against the swing which is cool.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: TUNE 4 - 05/22/18 10:47 AM
Welcome back, Warren smile I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It has a fantastic swing to it, and selection of RealTracks perfectly compliment each other. The whole thing flows really nicely, and the transitions sound natural.

Great work, and thanks for sharing !
Posted By: Tano Music Re: TUNE 4 - 05/22/18 11:48 AM
Warren, real nice track...I especially liked the simple riff motif and how it was doubled by the flutes, then (I think), used again in the offsetting measures when you changed to the 4th chord. It's a great example of how using a very simple, but catchy riff as the basis for a jazz combo track like this really lets all the other elements, like the solo's, the basic swing, of it really shine. And you used one of the 'old' jazz styles, further showing that you really don't need anything more elaborate for a track like this. Thanks, and looking forward to more!
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: TUNE 4 - 05/22/18 05:34 PM
Thank you SO much folks- means a lot! Tano, I really resonate with your comments. That's EX-actly what I'm trying to do, build nice grooves around catchy little motifs. Please leave a Like and consider Following at SoundCloud. Thanks very much again, all!
Posted By: cliftond Re: TUNE 4 - 05/23/18 12:34 PM
Great job and song Warren, love it, Jazz is soooo gooood!! and you have put a cap on it!!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: TUNE 4 - 05/23/18 08:10 PM
Excellent tune!! So well conceived, arranged, and played. Love the flute solo! This is a top notch production. Love it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: TUNE 4 - 05/24/18 07:58 PM
I really loved this, and I'm always a sucker for a sax. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: TUNE 4 - 05/26/18 07:53 PM
Great job Warren! Very fantastic groove and instrumentation. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Posted By: MarioD Re: TUNE 4 - 05/26/18 08:47 PM
I always have been a fan of the flute and sax. You ability to play them as well as you do and being able to blend them so well with RTs is very impressive!
© PG Music Forums