PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 Bossa in the rain - 05/26/18 12:17 PM
Hi all, Here's a Bossa Nova.
The melody is played by a piano and the solo by a Baritone Sax.
Christian

RD BossaBrushes
RT 464 Acoustic Bass
RT 1104 Acoustic Guitar
RT 704 Flute
RT 2140 Alto Sax
RT 2142 Baritone Sax
MSLP Grand Piano Soft

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/bossa-in-the-rain
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Bossa in the rain - 05/26/18 08:09 PM
Hi Chris37, Love the flute riff throughout this! Really helps glue the rest of the instrumentation together. Well done!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bossa in the rain - 05/26/18 08:34 PM
Oh yea, a real toe tapping Bossa Nova. Very nice blend of the piano leads and the RTs. Very well done.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bossa in the rain - 05/26/18 11:52 PM
I haven't listened to bossa tunes very much. But really like the back beat on this style. Solo fits in really well. Almost touch jazzy. Well done
Posted By: rsdean Re: Bossa in the rain - 05/28/18 03:18 PM
Great sound Chris - I really enjoyed that. Excellent mix

Bob
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bossa in the rain - 06/21/18 01:44 PM
Really digging the saxes in this one. Great job. smile
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Bossa in the rain - 06/21/18 02:01 PM
Chris, an expertly done bossa! I use this style a lot and I heard some RT elements that I'm not familiar with... I'm wondering if you used the multi riff function to find some of the interesting riffs on the flute and sax? Nicely done!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bossa in the rain - 06/21/18 03:14 PM
HI Chris,

What a great Bossa! Although a Latin genre, you put the slightest touch of European styling in the delivery. The saxes are great! I really enjoyed my listen.

Alan
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Bossa in the rain - 06/24/18 07:47 AM
Hi Tom,
I don't use the multi riff function. I just generate a lot of tracks (hundreds ...) and I mix the best notes I've found to do melodic lines for each track. Christian
Posted By: Icelander Re: Bossa in the rain - 11/14/18 10:42 PM
Brilliant Bossa! That very distinctive piano tone is just pure gold in your hands.

Seriously, you don't need no fancy singing when you can construct pieces like this.
Posted By: bluage Re: Bossa in the rain - 11/22/18 12:00 AM
"Chris37"...

I missed this post, which is rather unbelievable for me since bossa nova is in my heart and soul. It was one of the most exciting developments in music back in the late 50's, early 60's.

I've been playing your song over, and over again, because of its brevity. True to its often melancholy sound, you titled your piece "Bossa in the Rain". The song certainly projects the feel of sadness. You perform your piano melody just as Antonio Carlos Jobim did, one-note style.

The RealTracks you combined give the song everything it needs rhythmically and instrumentally. The sound is intimate and maybe a little bit rueful. The flute intro and sax solos sing their blue notes as though the musicians were playing their final "set" of a gig before they had to pack up and move on to another club.

"Bossa in the Rain" is a solidly evocative piece of music composed in a genre that still lives, if what I hear on the radio is any indication.

Unforgettable, "Chris37". Simply unforgettable.

LOREN
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bossa in the rain - 11/22/18 01:10 PM
Nice work on this one, Christian smile It flows really smoothly, and I loved the percussion on this. It really pushes it along nicely, and gives it a nice danceable quality. That aside, I thought the mix was professional and concise.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Bossa in the rain - 11/22/18 04:26 PM
Thanks Eddie, Loren and Deryk.
It's always interesting to find a nice melody in Bossa-Nova style. And Antonio Carlos Jobim had a special talent for this ! Christian
© PG Music Forums