Though am weak fool that I am.
You know you left a broken man
With Too much time on my hands.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Too much time
File:Too much time.SGU
Key=F , Tempo 85, Length (m:s)=2:55
2 bar intro, 56 bar chorus, from bar 3 to bar 58. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 533 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 523 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _DICKSON.STY (Dickson Pop Country)

RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2911:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2883:Pedal Steel, Background CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2334:String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1705:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 085
RealDrums in style: PopRock8ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

Vocal Myself

Hello Rob,

Although the music (chord progression in particular) are from a slightly more recent era, the vocal reminded me so much of Billy Walker from back in the late 50s and the 60s. Your vocals have many of the same qualities he had - smooth baritone voice that wafted in the mic/air.

Takes me back to when I started playing guitar in the early 60s. Super cool listen!
Rob4580,

Like this one right out of the gate. I think I would have liked a little more intro before the vocal—it’s a compelling intro and the quick fall into the vocal, for me, takes away a bit of the mood set up. But beyond that, really cool vocal—like the chord progression on the chorus vs. the verse. Well done!

All the best,

Deej
Hello, Rob

Super vocal as usual!
The melody is excellent.
Especially I love the melody of the fist line of chorus.
The melody at "You never listen to my cares. Even though my soul I bare." is similar a bit to my favorite song of Jacques Brel "Le Moribund".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB58PuNYO8o
But it's OK.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Rob,

Great vocal and mix. Loved the song.

Bob
Rob,

You seem to step it up a bit more with each new song. This is terrific.

A good write, a good arrangement/production, an excellent vocal, a very good mix.

Really enjoyed that. Well done.

fj
I really felt this song. I got a sense of longing from this song, but for someone to be present. I definitely understand that.

Beautiful song. Thanks for sharing.
Nice production Rob. The write and vocal do harken back a bit...to a time when songs like this were on the charts.
Hopefully the growing Americana market will build new interest.

Your vocal is a perfect instrument for delivering a heartfelt lyric like this. Excellent!

We enjoyed it all and the production is very good...that guitar solo worked very well.

Kudos!

J&B
Jeeez, what a great song Bob. You've got a really marvellous voice for a super country ballad like this. Enjoyed this a lot
Super vocal Rob. Just loved your chord progressions on this song. Cool lyrics. The guitar was just superb. Well done
Excellent song. Al puts it very well- your baritone voice is a cool reminder of yesteryear, while that interesting chord progression on the chorus brings it into the present.
A good heartfelt lyric too.

Robert
I agree with everything that has been said thus far. All I can add is this is one hell of a good song and you have one fantastic voice.

I could listen to a whole album of this type of music.
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Rob,

Although the music (chord progression in particular) are from a slightly more recent era, the vocal reminded me so much of Billy Walker from back in the late 50s and the 60s. Your vocals have many of the same qualities he had - smooth baritone voice that wafted in the mic/air.

Takes me back to when I started playing guitar in the early 60s. Super cool listen!

Thanks Ala and Di for your encouraging words. Will checkout Billy Walker. Rob
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Rob4580,

Like this one right out of the gate. I think I would have liked a little more intro before the vocal—it’s a compelling intro and the quick fall into the vocal, for me, takes away a bit of the mood set up. But beyond that, really cool vocal—like the chord progression on the chorus vs. the verse. Well done!

All the best,

Deej

Hello Dee. Thanks for your comment and the tip on the intro. Rob
I'm am really having a hard time picking out when someone is really playing something and when it's a real track.

You did a great job with this. Very nice!

I was going to compliment your guitar solo...well, I still can. You put it together very well!

smile
+1 to all the above Rob! Beautifully done.
As HearToLearn said, the guitar solo was a standout bit.

And the singing, and the arrangement, and...

I may as well stop enumerating, I liked it all. smile
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Rob

Super vocal as usual!
The melody is excellent.
Especially I love the melody of the fist line of chorus.
The melody at "You never listen to my cares. Even though my soul I bare." is similar a bit to my favorite song of Jacques Brel "Le Moribund".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB58PuNYO8o
But it's OK.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hello Shigeki. I listened to Jacques Brel and was the surprised at how close the melody was. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Rob
Wow - what a tune! It sounds really sincere and heartfelt, and is the perfect level of catchy. Your vocals remind me so much of someone my dad used to listen to all the time growing up, and it is driving me mad I can't recall who it is. At any rate - you nailed this one. Not a thing I'd change personally.

Great work and thanks for sharing smile
yes this was a nice laid back song, some bits and sound of your voice made me think of Engelbert Humperdinck
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Rob,

Bob

Thank you Rob
Super Rob!
Definitely your best till date.
This one has it all. Perfect arrangement, vocals and lead instruments.
We love that Jim Reeves feeling!
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rob,

You seem to step it up a bit more with each new song. This is terrific.

A good write, a good arrangement/production, an excellent vocal, a very good mix.

Really enjoyed that. Well done.

fj

Thank you Floyd
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really felt this song. I got a sense of longing from this song, but for someone to be present. I definitely understand that.

Beautiful song. Thanks for sharing.

Many Thanks ember
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Rob,

Bob

My thoughts too. Really smooth.
Rob,

What a really pleasant sound you've created here. It's a perfect frame for your song and your singing. I really enjoyed listening.

All the best,
Noel
Really pretty Rob!! That melody is one of your best as is the vocal (and that's saying a lot!). It has a very classic sound. Great job!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums