PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 Gethsemane - 07/07/18 06:25 PM
Another track ... done with the _BEATBOX.STY Beatbox Hip Hop style ... and with a spoken words recording on top (as you've probably figured out by now, I can't really sing, haha!).

The title is somewhat misleading ... it's supposed to depict the Virgin Mary's own "Gethsemane", when she has to run away with the Child Jesus to a foreign land to save him from being killed with the other innocents by King Herod ... and also the plight of refugees everywhere, who have to leave their homeland (often with their young children) in order to escape a dire fate.

But enough of my explaining the song, haha ... what do we think? :-) Thanks for any and all feedback!

Gethsemane - on SoundCloud
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Gethsemane - 07/07/18 07:10 PM
Hi musician17, Thanks for sharing this with us! Good choice of instrumentation. I really enjoyed drum beats. Well done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Gethsemane - 07/08/18 08:57 AM
Interesting song James. Spoken word is a new genre for me. Excellent lyric and well done with the back track..
Posted By: Al-David Re: Gethsemane - 07/08/18 03:10 PM
Hello James,

I don't listen to a lot of spoken word. But I'm glad I clicked onto this one. The backing tracks are the perfect frame for your vocal presentation. Very nicely done! Enjoyed my listen. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Gethsemane - 07/09/18 10:20 AM
Nice work on this one James smile The backing tracks you chose paired with the vocal performance makes for a really unique and chilling listen. The spoken word delivery synced up with the drums really well too.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Gethsemane - 07/09/18 12:23 PM

I like this! Very original!

Good job!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Gethsemane - 07/10/18 09:08 AM
James… I’ve listened to several of your compositions, and they have a lot to offer!! have you ever considered asking for a collaborator for your work? I believe there are vocalists in this community who could provide the voice for your songs. This one, in particular, has all the structure and form for a great singing track. And I love the message. Give it a try!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Gethsemane - 07/11/18 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone - you really are, all of you, so kind. Tano Music: it's a thought - I really would appreciate a vocalist for some of my tracks, I just didn't think that it could be done through here. I'm out with a heavy cold right now, so I will use the enforced time off to reflect and see what to do about this. But what a genuinely great idea - thanks!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Gethsemane - 07/11/18 10:39 AM
This is a powerful song folks, and is deep and true. I love this!!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Gethsemane - 07/12/18 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello James,

I don't listen to a lot of spoken word. But I'm glad I clicked onto this one. The backing tracks are the perfect frame for your vocal presentation. Very nicely done! Enjoyed my listen. Wishing you the very best.

Alan

Agreed! Not really my genre but this is nicely put together. Good work! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums