PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/14/18 12:43 PM
Dear Forum Friends,

Sorry I've been off-site for a while and haven't posted. I'm fighting a few health issues and going through some changes at work.

I made the few tweaks you mentioned to so song I posted last month, "Touch the Sun." If you have time please give it listen.

NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13731977

Thanks

DC SpaceDog
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/14/18 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
NASA is looking into using it at the launch of the Parker Solar Probe mission on August 4th. Wish me luck.

I gave a listen Spacedog.
Sorry about the health setbacks....so, stay tough.

Being a long time science addict I'm first going to wish you well in having it played during the launch.....that would be extremely 'cool' smile if NASA uses it.

I think the song subject is a good one and the lyrics create good imagery.
I can easily imagine what the song is about even though you don't mention the 'mission' or 'launch' itself.....that makes your lyrics work well and is a manifestation of a skillful writing approach for this one.
Your vocals sound good and your performance works for me.

Well done and keep us informed....carry on.

Posted By: Scott C Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/14/18 11:27 PM
This sounded really good on my monitors. Excellent mix. Super vocal. Cool lyrics
Posted By: Al-David Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/14/18 11:56 PM
Hello SD,

First, sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope all is better in the very near future.

Sounding good! I really like this. Your vocal is sounding terrific - might be the best I've heard from you. Very nice, indeed - a real pleasure to listen to.

Good luck with NASA!!! That would be really cool! Wishing you the best - in all regards.

ALan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/15/18 08:32 AM
Thanks for the repost, I missed it the first time you posted.

Good song, great arrangement and write. Loved your vocal!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/15/18 05:57 PM
First and foremost I hope you are doing better.

This may be your best to date. Good luck with NASA. As far as I am concerned this should be accepted by them
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/15/18 07:44 PM
Cool inspiration for the song and it has that big journey spirit. The chorus is catchy and I hope you are succesful with the submission.
Good vocals too.

Robert
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/16/18 11:02 AM
Really nice work on this one! It is wonderfully catchy, and your vocal performance is strong and ear-catching. Above all else though, the mixing job on this is unreal. It is virtually indistinguishable from what you hear on the radio. It sounds crisp and perfectly layered.

You should be proud of this one - I wish you the best for your health, and hope we get to hear more from you soon smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/16/18 11:36 AM
Best to you health wise and NASA wise!!!!

Sounds fine on our system.

Enjoyed revisiting it.

J&B
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/16/18 10:04 PM
Hi SpaceDog, I enjoyed this! Specifically I really enjoyed the overall progression. I found the transition between the verses and choruses very smooth. Excellent work on the guitars and nice work on the vocals too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/16/18 10:13 PM
Thanks. I've been working on my songwriting with Martin Sutton's Song Writing Academy.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/16/18 10:46 PM
Scott, Thx.

Alan, I'm glad you like it. I'm not singing enough to get better but OKay I guess.

Dave, Thanks. I like your website. Nice job

Mario, Glad you liked it. I hope to hear from NASA soon. I plan to be ready to play live if the opportunity comes up. Often does.

Robert, I'm glad the hook set. Thanks.

Deryk, Your comment really pleased me. I've been studying and practiing my mixing skills. We used the term "Radio Ready" on "The Recording Revolution" website. Glad this hit the mark.

J&B, Thanks for listening and commenting.

Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/17/18 06:41 PM
Quote:
"Joe, Thanks. Lots of great RealTraks in this. The RTs are so good, people have asked me how I learned to play all those instruments. Big time thanks to PGM!"

You're welcome, and glad to hear you're having a good time with Band-in-a-Box!

You may find the following resources useful to you:

Tutorials and our technical FAQ:
http://www.pgmusic.com/howtos.htm
http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm

Windows Video tutorials
Band-in-a-Box http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
RealBand http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.htm
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/17/18 06:53 PM
What a fun song. I think you did a really great job with this one.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/24/18 08:34 PM
Joe, Ember, thanks for listening and th e kind comments
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Repost: Touch the Sun - 07/24/18 11:15 PM
Hi SD. Hope things get easier for you. Really good effort here!! Very well written, arranged and mixed. Some nice lyrics. I particularly like:

In an epic dance with our fiery king
Gm A7
Gazing at his crown she begins to sing.

Hopefully the song will get used for that wonderful occasion! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums