PG Music Home
Posted By: quekou original music - darkness - 07/16/18 10:18 PM
The lyrics are based on a old Chinese poem style. It is written in Classic Chinese by a very talented poet. Will try to translate later.

Realtracks used in the song

1636, bass JazzFunkBreeze
1650, Guitar soloist

Darkness
Lyrics by Muyuxi
Music by quekou

Posted By: Al-David Re: original music - darkness - 07/16/18 10:26 PM
Hello queko,

I loved it! When that bass line came in, it put a big smile on my face. I've always loved Jazz and this is so good. The vocalist has a beautiful voice. And the lead guitar riff is sweet! I really enjoyed this! Would love to hear more of your music. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: EMG Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 02:01 AM
Oohhh very nice.... well done...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 07:02 AM
Really enjoyed that. Did you do the percussion separately, or was that a BiaB Track also?
Posted By: furry Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 09:23 AM
Different, but very enjoyable
Posted By: quekou Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Really enjoyed that. Did you do the percussion separately, or was that a BiaB Track also?
Thanks for listening to my song. The percussion is primarily self-made but I do use BIAB to generate the fills here and there. forgot which real drum style I used. BIAB is a very versatile and creative tool. It really gets my creativity going when I am stuck.
Posted By: quekou Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello queko,

I loved it! When that bass line came in, it put a big smile on my face. I've always loved Jazz and this is so good. The vocalist has a beautiful voice. And the lead guitar riff is sweet! I really enjoyed this! Would love to hear more of your music. Best to you.

Alan
Thank you Alan for listening to my music. I really like modern songs with a jazzy feel as well. have a wonderful day.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 11:25 AM
Wow - what a tune! It sounds smooth as butter, and that lead guitar, as others have said, is fantastic. The groove is lovely, and the track has a really velvety tone to it that I find enchanting.

Really well done, thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 12:54 PM
Love the feel of this!! Very Sade! I like the music and the sparse arrangement. Very good stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 03:59 PM
Fantastic piece quekou! I found this very hypnotic and captivating. How did you get the synthesized vocals to sound so rich? Brilliant use of effects too. Thank you so much for sharing, its always a blast listening to your tunes! Including Mirage!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 05:57 PM
It was very interesting to see a song based on a specific Chinese poem. Seems pretty creative!
Posted By: Scott C Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 08:48 PM
Loved this quekuo. Very cool intro and +1 on the bass runs. And the guitar wow . Very cool song...
Posted By: MarioD Re: original music - darkness - 07/17/18 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello queko,

Alan

A super big plus 1!

This is excellent.

PS - I couldn't express myself any better than Al.
Posted By: dcuny Re: original music - darkness - 07/18/18 12:26 AM
It made my ears happy. laugh
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: original music - darkness - 07/18/18 03:58 AM
ah. Now that was an unexpected treat! A great example of how BIAB can be used for a modern sounding track! Well done. Good crisp clear vocals too. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: original music - darkness - 07/18/18 10:49 AM
This is effin' incredible. The vocals are just...I can't even verbalize it... The RTs were are tastefully chosen and the production values are immaculate.

Well done!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: original music - darkness - 07/18/18 11:23 AM
Excellent. Nice mashup of styles. Well done.

Good mix - everything in a good space.

fj
Posted By: beatmaster Re: original music - darkness - 07/18/18 11:56 AM
yea not what we hear a lot of, but that's what makes this unique I guess.

I liked this.
Posted By: quekou Re: original music - darkness - 07/19/18 12:49 AM
BIAB can definitely be used for modern sounding music. Lots of producers spend tons of money on pre-made loops with not much flexibility to work with whereas BIAB real tracks provides virtually unlimited "loops" to work with in any keys with many instruments. And they are a lot more flexible because they take chords!.

Thanks for listening to my music. smile
Posted By: quekou Re: original music - darkness - 07/20/18 09:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Fantastic piece quekou! I found this very hypnotic and captivating. How did you get the synthesized vocals to sound so rich? Brilliant use of effects too. Thank you so much for sharing, its always a blast listening to your tunes! Including Mirage!
the vocal is synthesized with Yamaha Vocaloid software. Then it's heavily process in Ablele Live with stock plug-ins such as compressor, eq8, echo etc. it's also overdubed with a nother track with only the reverb wet of the original vocal. The end result is drastically different than the dry source does sound very much so like a robot. Thanks for listening to my music !
Posted By: Robertkc Re: original music - darkness - 07/20/18 01:56 PM
Very creative and hypnotic.One of the best vocaloid tracks I`ve heard.
Well done.

Robert
Posted By: cliftond Re: original music - darkness - 07/20/18 02:19 PM
Sounds great, the bass carries the rhythm very well. Vocal is beautiful on this. Very good song!!! Cliff
© PG Music Forums