Title: Untitled Song
File:Weed.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=3:11
24 bar intro, 24 bar chorus, from bar 25 to bar 48. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Tempo ,Volume Changes,
Style is _CROK12H.STY (Slow Classic Rock w/ Held 12 Str)

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~688:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1002:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockA-B Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 803:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Weed - 07/27/18 12:36 PM
Ermar,

Cool. Love that guitar tone.

Nicely played.

fj
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Weed - 07/27/18 12:49 PM
Nice! Your guitar is sitting in the mix perfectly this time around smile

I like your melodic approach to playing, love the build in intensity too.

Good track, enjoyed!

(30 years ago ... about the same for me I think wink
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Weed - 07/27/18 03:20 PM
Must have been good weed!! Guitar tone and playing are excellent...David Gilmour meets Carlos Santana. Love the build. Some great old rock and roll here!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Weed - 07/27/18 05:32 PM
WOW!

This is super. Your guitar tone and chops are outstanding. This sounds like a live jam from Woodstock! Carlos is alive and well!

PS - very nice "Maple Leaf" you have posted also wink
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Weed - 07/27/18 05:52 PM
Nice, you could've let that run on for a while!

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Weed - 07/27/18 07:29 PM
Some really nice playing and a great build.
Excellent.
Peter
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Weed - 07/27/18 07:35 PM
You playing the lead, that's decent playing you know your way around the board then.

well done.

Just a wee nit...do not like the name at all.

thanks.
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 07/27/18 07:56 PM
Thank you all guys!
When I was young I composed a few songs like this one... Now I don' t remember anymore those songs.... but this is one of them.
I was curious to see the results using BB. Amazing.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Weed - 07/27/18 08:07 PM
Awesome guitar work. Loved your tone and how you placed your effects. Well done.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Weed - 07/27/18 08:15 PM
I agree with Greg - David Gilmour meets Carlos Santana is exactly my thought.

You kept things interesting through the length of the song, which is helpful when the song is an extended guitar solo! laugh

Fun listen.
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 07/27/18 08:21 PM
Well, Pink Floyd and Santana are my gods... :-)
So I'm happy to have their sound ...somehow of course.... :-D

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I agree with Greg - David Gilmour meets Carlos Santana is exactly my thought.

You kept things interesting through the length of the song, which is helpful when the song is an extended guitar solo! laugh

Fun listen.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Weed - 07/29/18 02:46 PM
Ermar,
Fortunately no weed is now necessary for guitar playing like this to give me goosebumps. Nice build and superb tone- well done!

Robert
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 07/30/18 08:59 PM
Thank you Robertkc! Very appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Ermar,
Fortunately no weed is now necessary for guitar playing like this to give me goosebumps. Nice build and superb tone- well done!

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Weed - 07/30/18 11:14 PM
Hi Ermar,

Nice! I see where a lot of folks included references to Santana, and I agree. In the slower parts I also hear a little hint of Gary Moore. Regardless, it's a great song! Best toy ou.

Alan
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 07/30/18 11:24 PM
Hi Alan.

Is curious... I didn't knew Gary more at all since one day downloading backing tracks to have some fun I've downloaded 3 or 4 backing tracks of him, and without have never listened the originals songs, I played over those tracks.
After I finished recording, and only then, I listened the originals. This way I discovered Gary Moore.

Now, of course, Gary More is in my car playlist, just near Santana, Pink Floyd and Queen....

I'm trying to replace the backing track of one of the songs of Gary Moore to publish here in the forum my own melodic solo over those chords, but I discovered is not an easy task....

Importing audio into BB and find chords does not work very well with "Still got the blues".... but well,,, I'm still trying... :-)

Thank you for your feedback!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Ermar,

Nice! I see where a lot of folks included references to Santana, and I agree. In the slower parts I also hear a little hint of Gary Moore. Regardless, it's a great song! Best toy ou.

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Weed - 07/31/18 07:27 AM
Originally Posted By: EMG

Importing audio into BB and find chords does not work very well with "Still got the blues".... but well,,, I'm still trying... :-)

Not that hard to build that type of track, just takes some practice. I would just key in the chords, forget about that import audio function.

Here is one I did seven years ago as a tribute to him after he died. Skip to the very end bit for "still got the blues", around 2:57 or so: Still got the Midnight Blues (Gary Moore Tribute)
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 07/31/18 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Here is one I did seven years ago as a tribute to him after he died. Skip to the very end bit for "still got the blues", around 2:57 or so: Still got the Midnight Blues (Gary Moore Tribute)

Oohhh very nice and clean. Great tribute. You have some amazing tracks published..... My compliments.
Posted By: Jim148814 Re: Weed - 11/08/18 10:47 AM
I'm okey!
Im not addicted. Listen punk rock, almost do not drink alcohol and cheerful.

Weed the best. Read about it in my blog [urlmymarijuanaonline.ca[/url]

Thanx mates!
Posted By: bluage Re: Weed - 11/11/18 05:35 PM
Dear "EMG"...

If you created "Weed" while you were high, ohhh, man, but would I ever love to take a nice, long toke on that joint. Ha-ha crazy !!! 'Course, if it was thirty years ago, there probably isn't any of it left to drag on laugh.

Any old way, the fuzz on that guitar solo made me feel like I'd become of victim of electro-music-cution -- Z-Z-ZAP! Glad my hands and feet were dry!

"Stratospheric" and "soaring" are the words I'd use to describe the sound of "Weed". Notice how they bear a synonymous relation to the word "high", as in the effect that powerful music such as yours can have on a listener.

On the up-and-up,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: EMG Re: Weed - 11/11/18 06:15 PM
Thank you bluage :-)

I'm very impressed with your "review" and I thank you for it.
I'll try to remember another song I made in the same period (around 1989) and with lucky I'll record it... I remember it was more darker, really more darker...still.... I loved this 2 songs....

Finally tomorrow I'll go to holidays until December 6 (I'm going to Peru!) so probably I cannot post it before...December/January.

Cheers
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Weed - 11/11/18 09:09 PM
Cool track! Like many others my first thoughts were Santana and Gilmour... not a bad duo to be inspired from.

Thank you for sharing,
Will
Posted By: AllanLisa Re: Weed - 03/29/21 04:24 PM
Love that guitar tone. Very nice
© PG Music Forums