PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret New Forest Shuffle - 07/28/18 12:19 PM
Went to the New Forest Upbeat Folk Festival recently and was inspired to write this little ditty which I have just recorded hope you like it.

[Link no longer valid]

My recordings in song:
Takamine and Alvarez Acoustic Guitars
Fender Stratocaster
Mesa Boogie Amp
Two Notes Wall of Sound

RealTracks in song:
Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 140
Fiddle, Soloist GypsyJazzBallad Sw 110
CelticJig^1-a:Sticks , b:Snare

MIDI SuperTracks in song:
Piano, Rhythm CountryBoogie Sw 140
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/28/18 08:39 PM
Very nice Brian. Excellent playing. Well done
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/28/18 11:33 PM
Well played. Well structured, and and the instruments sound like they're playing part of the same tune. I enjoyed this listen. Twice, actually.

But... it sounds like there some of the instruments aren't in tune, which is a bit distracting. Then again, it could just be my ears.

Thanks!
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/29/18 07:16 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your comments much appreciated.

David may be right about the "tension" of tuning in parts, I'm playing a low E 6th on the lead guitar against a Gm chord.

Regards smile
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/29/18 11:59 AM
Liked the groove of this track. I especially liked the low notes your were playing. And the variety of rhythm changes added a lot of interest, including the stops. That fiddle was a nice touch as well.

You also led me to find out more about Jersey Channel Islands, a place I'd never heard of!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/29/18 02:41 PM
Brian,

A very happy feeling you`ve capture here. I like the mix of celtic percussion with your guitar and the jazzy fiddle is a surprise which works.
"Upbeat Folk Festival"? So no sad songs allowed?

Robert
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/29/18 07:11 PM
And what a wonderful ditty it is! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/30/18 04:28 AM
Thanks for that Tano Music.

Jersey has a lot of history and I believe New Jersey USA was named of her, we used to build trading ships in the early 1800's and many of them were used for the Cod fishing trade in New Jersey.
Also during the second world war Jersey and the Channel Islands was the only British soil the German army invaded.

Regards

Brian
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/30/18 04:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Brian,

A very happy feeling you`ve capture here. I like the mix of celtic percussion with your guitar and the jazzy fiddle is a surprise which works.
"Upbeat Folk Festival"? So no sad songs allowed?

Robert

Only happy sad songs. smile smile
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/30/18 12:32 PM
Really nice work Brian smile It flows smooth as butter, and the instrument selection is superb. To boot, your playing on this is excellent as well. This is the kind of tune I imagine would sound unreal live.

Great job and thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: beatmaster Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/30/18 01:08 PM
Great guitar work ,just as an instrumental should be, I loved the mix and the flow of it all sounded great to me .
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: New Forest Shuffle - 07/30/18 04:04 PM
Great song mix. Good quality mix.
© PG Music Forums