PG Music Home
Posted By: mpmcgeehan "Underneath The Dust" - 08/02/18 09:15 AM
I connected with a songwriter from Australia over the internet and he offered me a chance to record this song! I thought it was a perfect fit for my vocal style and think it turned out really well. He is thrilled that his song is getting heard! Hope you enjoy! Thanks.

https://youtu.be/ifq0Hyf4pP4
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/15/18 03:20 AM
Michael,

Saw this as I was looking through some of the songs I missed when I was away for a couple of months. Hard to believe no one has commented on this to date - assuming you used BIAB tracks. It sounds like BIAB trax to me. If there are no BIAB trax, you might reconsider posting such tunes in the future. And, if you have the info available, could you please post which trax you used? But, as I said, it sounds very much like BIAB backing tracks to me.

Very nice song and your vocal sits very nicely in the tracks. You have a very commercial voice that enjoyable to listen to. And your friend sent you a super song to work with. Nicely done.

Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/15/18 09:36 AM

Absolutely great production.

Can you share more information on the tracks you used, style, production etc???

This sounds REALLY good. I would like to learn how you di dit.

smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/15/18 10:05 AM
Wow not sure how I missed this song. I am so glad Alan resurrected it. This is just an awesome vocal. Beautiful.. This should be on iTunes..
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/15/18 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Absolutely great production.

Can you share more information on the tracks you used, style, production etc???

This sounds REALLY good. I would like to learn how you di dit.

smile

Yes, it is beautiful!!! Excellent production! I too would like to get the RTs. Really wonderful job with this!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/15/18 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow not sure how I missed this song. I am so glad Alan resurrected it. This is just an awesome vocal. Beautiful.. This should be on iTunes..

I completely agree.

This is pro all the way. Your vocal, harmonies and chord structure are just fantastic. What did you use to master this? It sounds so good!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/16/18 10:51 AM
Wow -I'd agree, this fits your voice and style beautifully! I'm getting some strong 80's vibes on this one, but can't put my finger on who it reminds me of. At any rate - your vocals are endearing and emotional, and it's wonderfully catchy too, with a great groove.

You should be proud of this one! Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/16/18 12:45 PM
I think you did a wonderful job, and that the song really fits your vocal style. Pretty much what everyone has said here already here I wholeheartedly agree with!

Nice job.
Posted By: cliftond Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/16/18 04:38 PM
Love this song, so good, the vocal is so well placed in the mix. perfect!!!, and the harmonies!!! CLiff
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 08/31/18 12:43 PM
Hey Everybody! Thank you so much for the nice words about the song! I'm not sure HOW the music was created. I've reached out to the songwriter (who lives in Australia; i'm in the US) to ask him so I can share with you!

Again thanks so much for the kindness!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: "Underneath The Dust" - 09/02/18 07:51 PM
Very nice Micheal!! This puts me in mind of the laid back style of Micheal Martin Murphey! And believe me that's a big compliment. This has such a great sound to it! Great work! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums