PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/02/18 05:46 PM
Hey y'all, I haven't been around much lately as I've been dabbling into creating EDM style music lately. I have found BIAB to be a good tool in the creation of these pieces though. It helps add an organic feel by mixing in some realtracks with the synths and loops. Here is my latest creation.

Anybody

I started out with a basic drum and bass drum loop from Loopcloud on this. I then added acoustic guitar using BIAB to make an 8 bar loop plus a bridge section and ending. I then started layering in synths to fill out the sound and decided to use BIAB to create the bass line as well. After recording vocals and lots of mixing I got the final product you hear now. I really liked combining all of these different tools to create something modern sounding yet still organic thanks to BIAB realtracks. At least for the moment I think this is my new go to equation for creating EDM and pop style music.

Realtracks:
692:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
1254:Bass' Electric, PopShiningSync Ev 120

Lyrics:
I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you

She says she loves me
She only wants to be with me
She tells me all the time
She drives the boys insane
They all know her name
Got them waiting in a line

She says

I could have any body
Yeah I could have anybody
But I choose you

She’s way out of my league
I don’t know why she’s with me
No she’s not your average [*****]
There’s something bout her
I really can’t explain it
Keeps me always wanting more

She says

I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you

I’m always waiting for the day
When she will turn and walk away.

I could have any body
I could have anybody
But I choose you
Posted By: Al-David Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/02/18 06:14 PM
Hello Samuel,

I enjoyed this a lot. Comes across to me as a mix of Jazz-Rock & EDM. I wouldn't have thought of putting the two together but it works great on this - nice creativity.

I particularly liked the break at 2:25 and then the vocal effects later in the song. Nice tracks, mix and vocal. It was a refreshing sound to hear on the boards - I'm all for experimenting and seeing what shows up. Good job.

Alan
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/02/18 07:18 PM
This song had a super cool vibe to it (further enhanced by the album art methinks, even though that sounds really silly; very fitting). Really great stuff. smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/02/18 09:23 PM
Sammy,

Nice song and well done. Two small suggestions if I may.

I like the deep bass sound but I think it fits better if the deep bass begins at the beginning of the song. I'm not suggesting to use it through 100% of the song but I felt deprived of it until it finally played.

The delay works but there are times when the echo of the previous lyric overlaps the beginning of the current lyric.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/02/18 09:39 PM

I think this is dope.

I like the experimentation and the choices that were made.

Instead of feeling derivative, it felt really creative. I didn't know what was coming and I really respect that.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 05:47 AM
Good to have you back posting again. I thought this was a quite creative arrangement. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 07:40 AM
Wow, very creative! First of all it is a very good song. But those other elements you added really kicked it up a notch!

Very cool indeed, enjoyed it from start to finish. Well done!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 10:21 AM
Not what we listen to but I know from noodling around the libraries that there are tons of requests for this style.

It kicks on our monitors...great mix...at least from my limited knowledge base.

We admire you ability to venture out!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 01:16 PM
WOW, quite a departure for you Samuel!! It is really catchy and creative. The groove really is infectious! Nice job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 01:34 PM
Really nice work on this Samuel smile A very unexpected departure from your usual style, but I think you pulled it off really well. Very, very unique and simultaneously catchy. One of the most abstract sounding ear worms I've heard in a while.

Great job - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 02:32 PM
I enjoyed the creativity that comes through on this - good song too.
Some real double-take moments on the effects and your vocals are always strong.
Interesting places you are going with EDM & BiaB combinations.

Robert
Posted By: jannesan Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 02:52 PM
This is much more interesting than most of the EDM stuff played nowadays. Catchy and tight groove with nice 90's feel. Very good use of BIAB and loops. Excellent mix.

Janne
Posted By: dcuny Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 04:38 PM
I hadn't thought of creating loops with BiaB, but that worked really well.

Nice effects, and catchy!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/03/18 08:01 PM
Samuel

Very clever and novel use of BB and a very fine song and vocal.
Excellent composition.

Peter
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/04/18 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone for listening and you feedback. I really appreciate it. I definitely liked working with BIAB in this way and plan to do it more in future songs. I have some other creative ideas to morph realtracks into something new and different sounding also. BIAB really is a great tool and can be used in so many different ways. The only limit is your imagination. Go forth and create.
Posted By: rayc Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/04/18 07:35 AM
It's a good sound though there are some hard edges/esses on the beginning of syllables which probably come from the compressor pumping hard and triggering the reverb high end.
You've done a cool job but the lyrics really bothered me - the hubris in general and then the use of [*****] which doesn't match the general storyline/character development and is, to me, gratuitous.
I think this just marks me out as old &/or perhaps a little too PC.
You're the artist and if it's what you are after then go with it.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/04/18 07:33 PM
Well... this is something completely different and.... we like it very much, although we are not really great fans of EDM!
Good vocals and lyrics.
This is very catchy!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Anybody (New BIAB Hybrid Song) - 08/04/18 07:46 PM
This was absolutely Brilliant, rhythm n bass style, lyrics we are all singing it after one listen on the radio.

Now Imagine a product having this in an advert.

Great mix
Sounded great to me.

Great stuff.
© PG Music Forums