PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM Give you Girl - 08/04/18 08:31 PM
Give you Girl

RnAM goes Boyband blush

Inspired by all those 90s and Millennium Boybands. Our favourites were 'N Sync and the Backstreet Boys, what about yours?

Hope y'all like!

Style is _BEATBX2.STY (Beatbox Funk Pop)

1434 Bass, Electric, JazzFunkPoppy Ev16 110
2618 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Funk16thsMutedWahWah Ev16 100
2525 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm FunkWahWahChords Ev16 100
2273 Rhythm Disco Digibell
2326 Jazz Funk Lead EV 110 Miles Black
Loop in Song OtherHuman Beatbox - badyboy_100j ev16.wav
RealDrums in style RetroPop^07-aBass, Snare, bBass, HardSnare

P.S. this project is slightly older and we had to dig up the BIAB file. We could find all RTs, except the soloist frown We are pretty sure it was Brent......
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Give you Girl - 08/04/18 08:45 PM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

This is fantastic!

The groove, your singing, your arrangement, your production all shine really, really brightly. I am thoroughly enjoying what I'm hearing here in my headphones.

I am always impressed with the top-shelf quality that the two of you bring to the forum time and time again.

All the best to you both,
Noel
Posted By: Al-David Re: Give you Girl - 08/04/18 11:15 PM
Hi Ron and Anne-mari,

What a great song! Sounds like a radio-ready song. This shines in every way. The music you two post is always among the very best on the forum. Rob, your vocals are always o darned good - and Anne Marie's harmony is always perfect.

I particularly enjoy the musical transition about 2:45. Everything is perfect! Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 08:06 AM
Don't have much experience listening to boy bands myself, although I recall my daughter having a brief infatuation with New Kids on the Block back in the day smile

But anything you guys do is ok with me, the vocals are always so good as is the production.

Sounds like a hit to me!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 01:33 PM
Cool song!

Fantastic vocals make this a very uplifting experience.

enjoyed!

Kenny
Posted By: Scott C Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 02:23 PM
This is an awesome song. What a cool backtrack. Your vocals are as always perfect. Production is first class.. Love the guitar solo..
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 03:04 PM
Nicely done. A good catchy pop sound. A good listen.

Good vocals, good mix.

(Was expecting a lot more stacked harmonies, though - with the boy band references...)
Posted By: Sundance Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 03:37 PM
Love the vocals and one of your best lyric writes imo - very catchy chorus. The harmony is really pretty. Like FJ, I was expecting stacked boy band harmonies. I enjoyed it very much. An excellent production from you two.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 03:43 PM
I'm not a fan of any boyband, but this song is really good catchy pop song with nice melody and soulful chord progression. And your vocals are surely one of the best you have ever done smile

Janne
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Give you Girl - 08/05/18 05:53 PM
I definitely listened to a lot of N'Sync and Backstreet Boys, but I can't say that I preferred one over the other. I've been enjoying Korean boy bands lately. They have really cool videos, styling and choreography.

Really enjoyed this song though! It was certainly a super fun one. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Give you Girl - 08/06/18 12:00 AM
Rob & Ann-Marie

Lovely vocals - catchy tune and an nice mix.
Really nice work all round.

Peter
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Give you Girl - 08/06/18 02:17 PM
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Very catchy song with all the professional touches you always bring.
Not being a boy band fan I like the vocals & harmonies the way they are... the only thing missing is the video with dance moves!

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Give you Girl - 08/06/18 07:02 PM
Deliciously happy!! Great, catchy melody, and top shelf production! Sounds like a hit to me!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: Give you Girl - 08/06/18 11:05 PM
Dang, is there ever a time when you aren't at the top of your game?

Pop goodness. Loved everything, but that bass is something else.

Like others, I expected thick harmonies, but was happy with everything I heard. smile
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Give you Girl - 08/07/18 12:51 PM
Nice work on this one smile Very creative, and an interesting change of pace for you. I'm getting some strong 90's vibes on this one. In particular, I love the groove here and the harmonies you pulled together. It's a really strong piece, and it's perfectly catchy as well.

Great job - thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: ROG Re: Give you Girl - 08/07/18 02:31 PM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

A terrific song and absolutely right for the period.

In fact, everything was exactly right - the writing, performance,
arrangement, production and mix, all perfect.

I started to enjoy this one from the first bar and was still enthralled
at the end. Going back for another listen.

ROG.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Give you Girl - 08/08/18 10:03 AM
Pretty cool! I am hearing a little bit of ABBA in here too--and some 80s as well.

I think I will go out and party all night, do some dirty dancing, if I can find my Member's Only jacket and my hair spray.

smile

Posted By: animarorecords Re: Give you Girl - 08/09/18 01:50 AM
Hello, Rob & Ann-Marie

Lovely vocals & very catchy tune!
I agree with David (Snyder).
I am also hearing a little bit of ABBA in here too--and some 80s as well.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Give you Girl - 08/09/18 10:52 AM
Wow, you absolutely nailed the period.

Pro sounding all the way...lyrics, vocals and the production.

A huge credit to your talent and BiaB!!!

J&B
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Give you Girl - 08/12/18 02:54 PM
Great job on this! Catchy melody, well performed with a good arrangement.

For what it's worth, the expectation may be that there would be many stacked vocals but not all of their songs had that. Some had sprinkles of it; much like yours. What you did was great in my opinion.

I'm hoping you are a Max Martin fan then? He more than dominated that type of sound!

I have studied and enjoy music by Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 Degrees, and more recently One Direction.

Thank you SO very much for posting this. I was curious how something like this would be received on the forum. It's pretty much what I have come to expect now. Arms wide open with encouragement. Gotta love that!

I have been working on two projects for a boy band called "Why Don't We." Maybe I will work up something similar in BIAB and post it in the next few weeks. Seems fun!

Thanks again for posting. It was a fun listen and will go into my playlist. Great work all the way around! You two should be proud smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Give you Girl - 08/17/18 03:55 PM
Rob and Anne-Marie, Your vocal work in every single one of your productions is outstanding but I think this has got to be one of your better efforts! You have very good control over your voice Rob and it is appreciated by me and the harmony section was also great! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: RnAM Re: Give you Girl - 08/17/18 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive responses.

Really appreciated!
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Give you Girl - 08/17/18 10:16 PM
Really excellent vocal. That is what stood out to me, along with the tight harmonies. Not my favorite genre of music, but total respect, you nailed the sound. I remember taking my preteen daughter to see the Backstreet Boys. She loved it.

Dave
Posted By: gruverider Re: Give you Girl - 08/18/18 06:16 PM
Wonderfully PoP!!! So much better that anything those bands ever did! Great showcase for your talents!
© PG Music Forums