PG Music Home
Posted By: guitar1 Forever And A Day - 08/11/18 11:49 PM
Hello all. This is a song I wrote a while back. It is a little different than my usual fare. Any one else singing it would probably make it a pop ballad, but unfortunately with my old cornpone voice, it will probably still come out country. We are what we are I guess. Hope you like it.

[Link no longer valid]

Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 12:36 AM
Hello,

It does sound country to me, but that isn't a bad thing. It works perfect ... perfect mesh of lyric and music. I love the easy going vibe. Nicely done. Nice vocal. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 01:24 AM
Very pretty, very soulful, and a beautiful arrangement.....I may steal that band and try something with them if you tell me who they are!! FWIW, I like your cornpone voice, a lot! Very much enjoyed this wonderfully emotional tune!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 04:41 AM
The arrangement does suggest country - particularly the fiddle intro.
That said it suits your voice.
What BIAB stuff did you use & what did you add yourself?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 10:08 AM

Sounds good to me man.

Nice changes!!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very pretty, very soulful, and a beautiful arrangement.....I may steal that band and try something with them if you tell me who they are!! FWIW, I like your cornpone voice, a lot! Very much enjoyed this wonderfully emotional tune!! Take care. Greg

I second Greg`s thoughts - this is a song that could be done in a less old country style... but I doubt I`d get the same feelings as you bring; don`t change that voice!

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 05:23 PM
Yep, it came out country and there is nothing wrong with that....at all.

We enjoyed listening!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 08:27 PM
Awesome tune Gary. Heard a little lament of "Hank" in your vocal Gary. Just a super vocal and lyric. Well done...
Posted By: Al-David Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 08:35 PM
HI Gary,

Yep, sounds country. And that's just fine with me. This fits your "cornpone" voice perfectly. The arrangement and lyric are equally so well done.

I can also hear this as a pop ballad, smooth jazz piece or a smooth r&b production. But I think it's terrific as is. That was a wonderful listen. Thanks.

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Forever And A Day - 08/12/18 09:45 PM
This is how a country ballad should be sung!

You have the perfect country voice' I'm very envious! Your backing tracks are perfect for this song and your mix is super.

If I were you I would keep putting out songs like this one.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Forever And A Day - 08/13/18 04:55 PM
Really love the vibe this song has. A great country ballad. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Forever And A Day - 08/14/18 10:49 AM
Really nice work on this one Gary smile A very beautiful and obviously sincere song. Your delivery here is truly heart warming. I'm getting all sorts of feelings from this one. I love that gentle, slow progression throughout as well.

You should be really proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Forever And A Day - 08/17/18 04:37 PM
Hi Gary, I for one love your “old corn pone voice”. You made me chuckle when I read that but please don’t sell yourself short on your vocals. You have a raw authentic quality to your voice that seems to reach out and grab the listener and it is perfect for the genre you use in your songs! This song is another fine example of that! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums