PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret The Trouble With Love - 08/13/18 06:15 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine wrote this song and asked me to arrange and record the backing track.
https://soundcloud.com/briancadoret/the-trouble-with-love

I'm trying out Ozone Elements 8 for mastering on this song.
Guitars are played by me and the rest is Band in a Box with multi style editing.

smile Brian

RealTracks in song: ~~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1407:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^2-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/13/18 08:12 PM
This is an excellent song, production and vocal. Well done !!

Loved this,

Trax
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/13/18 11:16 PM
I agree this is an excellent song. Brian. not sure if is my monitors as I didn't listen on the headphones but I thought the vocal could come a bit forward on this one. Really liked Jaime/s voice...
Posted By: Tano Music Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/14/18 09:29 AM
Liked this alot, especially the way you didn't overload the track behind the voices...keeping the 'band' nice and basic allowed the vocal performance and messaging to come forward nicely. After the modest solo, the added richness of the background guitar, etc. was perfect to bring the track to a conclusion.

When a writer puts their work "in the hands" of another for arranging/production and the added work supports and doesn't drown the writer's content, that's a winning formula, as you have expertly demonstrated!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/14/18 11:06 AM
Really nice work on this one! It is wonderfully catchy, and your vocal delivery here is top notch. The backing tracks work great here, and the groove is smooth and persistent.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/14/18 12:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I agree this is an excellent song. Brian. not sure if is my monitors as I didn't listen on the headphones but I thought the vocal could come a bit forward on this one. Really liked Jaime/s voice...

Hi Scott,

I agree Jaime's vocal could be a notch more forward, not necessarily louder.
I think Ozone Elements 8 took her 'back 'a bit from my original mix so will look at it again sometime.

Thanks all for the comments. smile

Brian
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/14/18 01:28 PM
Hi Brian, Great work on this! I really enjoyed the arrangement and overall vibe of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation they really complement the elements nice. Very lovely vocals too your friend has too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: animarorecords Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/15/18 02:08 AM
Hello, Brian

Lovely song and lovely vocal.
I liked Jaime's voice very much.
Acoustic Guitar at Interlude is very nice.
I think your attempt to make this tune a slight jazz pop feel is successfully done.
I also prefer the vocal a bit louder like Scott.
Enjoyed my listen a lot,

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/15/18 02:42 AM
Hi Brian,

Very beautiful song and your backing tracks are perfect for it. Jaime's voice is a pleasant listen, though could be a touch moire forward in the mix.

The guitar is really a sweet sound and played with a delicate touch. Nice!

Loved my listen. Good job by all involved.

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/15/18 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C

Agreed. Vocal could be a touch louder, and GREAT SONG!! I hear some Carole King, some Joni Mitchell, and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Great title, great hook, and a really nice arrangement. Love it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deej56 Re: The Trouble With Love - 08/16/18 02:24 AM
Brian,

Really like this song--nicely done, with some great vocal backings and a solid hook. As others have noted, the lead vocal seems a bit buried. Would be great if you could bring it forward and feature it more--your vocalist has a nice voice and tone. I'll look forward to hearing your next take on this.

All the best,

Deej
© PG Music Forums