PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 The Silent Song - 08/17/18 02:21 PM
Hmmm. I'm not too sure about this one.

The Silent Song (on SoundCloud)

Done with _REMIND.STY in BiaB and a solo piccolo melody line from Sibelius / NotePerformer.

Feels like it has potential but also like work in progress, perhaps ... but thought I'd post it up here anyway and see what you think :-) As usual, all feedback very much welcome!
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Silent Song - 08/17/18 05:45 PM
It's a pleasant melody - the first idea is a predictable descending like, balanced by a more interesting melodic line. The rest is similarly nice.

I agree it's got potential.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The Silent Song - 08/17/18 10:23 PM
I enjoyed the melody ideas and backing- a mix of folk & ambient styles. Not sure about the piccolo as it sounds a little high & harsh- but that could just be my hearing!
There are a couple of ways I could see this going - add lyrics/vocals or keep working on the instrument layers.

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Silent Song - 08/18/18 04:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I enjoyed the melody ideas and backing- a mix of folk & ambient styles. Not sure about the piccolo as it sounds a little high & harsh- but that could just be my hearing!
There are a couple of ways I could see this going - add lyrics/vocals or keep working on the instrument layers.

Robert

I agree. There is some really nice stuff here but I would like to see it turned into a lyric song. Very pretty stuff going on! Take care. Greg
Posted By: EMG Re: The Silent Song - 08/18/18 04:30 AM
Yes, I agree. Has a lot of potential.
Keep developing it. Is very nice and listenable. I maybe will change the piccolo for something less high.
Posted By: musician17 Re: The Silent Song - 08/18/18 06:09 AM
Thanks everyone. I absolutely agree, the piccolo is way too harsh. I was just worried about replacing it with something of a lower register since I thought it might then lose itself in the rich lower texture. But ... trial and error until I find a solution! :-) Thanks again!

P.S. the only reason I haven't added vocals/lyrics is that ... I can't sing :-( But, if I can find someone to sing the vocals for me, why not? :-)
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Silent Song - 08/18/18 07:23 AM
Hi, :))

Your tune is very beautiful,
nice progressions and certainly
have potential without doubt !

I liked it !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Silent Song - 08/18/18 04:59 PM
The music is very romantic and sweet but.... for the piccolo.
As said before a bit too harsh and too high (at least most of the time). But the melody of the piccolo is wonderful.
Why not use that for the melody of the song and write lyrics for it (and then leave the piccolo out of course laugh )?
Then it would be a splendid song!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Silent Song - 08/19/18 01:04 PM
Pretty song.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: The Silent Song - 08/20/18 06:21 PM
My feedback:

-definitely has potential
-I think you need some more instrumental texture there at the beginning..the chord structure and rhythm are fine, but I think you can add interest with something else
-It begs for a lyric. I don't mind the piccolo as a melody marker, but next step is to get some words and a vocal.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: The Silent Song - 08/21/18 09:21 AM
Nice piece I do think it needs a build up.

But that's why we post our tracks to get feedback and guidance from other users.

Thanks
Posted By: musician17 Re: The Silent Song - 08/23/18 06:10 PM
Thanks all!!!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: The Silent Song - 08/23/18 08:22 PM
Hi musician17, I enjoyed this! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation, the flute especially! I really enjoyed the overall progression. The guitars are very warm sounding too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Silent Song - 08/24/18 10:34 AM
Wow - this is so pretty! I love how gentle and serene it sounds. Very calming, and very entrancing. This is the kind of tune I'd imagine sounding perfect at a wedding.

Nice work and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The Silent Song - 08/28/18 03:30 PM
What a lovely song. It is very beautiful and quite soothing. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: The Silent Song - 08/28/18 03:59 PM
The melody is beautiful and is screaming out for a lyric and vocal. This would work far better with a vocal, then a straight instrumental. I agree with the Piccolo comments. The other backing tracks are beautiful.

Dave
© PG Music Forums