i love everything about you
god knows i'd be nothing without you

you are everything i need
   you are every dream i dream
   everything
   everything

The BAND:

RealTracks in style: 1759:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 834:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryMoody Ev 075 (B:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1828:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGroove Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 842:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladSlowGritty Ev 065 (A:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120 (big held chords)
RealTracks in song: 1842:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
Royalty free loops
Beat track created in Studio One

Comments welcomed.
Hope you enjoy it.

floyd
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Everything - 08/21/18 10:31 AM
This is exceptional. Well done.

Regards,

Lefty
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Everything - 08/21/18 10:36 AM

Hey Floyd,

This is great. Loved the simplicity of it.

Funny there seems to be some similarity of themes on the forum these days--some kinda zeitgeist. It's a good zeitgeist. smile

Excellent production man. Real ear candy all the way through. Gorgeous and sincere vocals too.
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Everything - 08/21/18 10:44 AM
Back to what it is all about … Love Songs. Great stuff Floyd. I too love the simplicity of the structure, theme and song. Back to basics and pure gold. Your voice is always the star of the show and this is no different. Congrats on another great tune.

Dave
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Everything - 08/21/18 10:52 AM
Floyd:

Loved this basic, direct love song. As usual, first-rate composition and production!

Really liked how you 'hung' the chorus on the word 'everything'-- excellent song architecture.

Don't you agree that the hallmark of a worthy song is that some portion of it is memorable, even after listening? I think you have this with the word 'everything'. A listener might not remember the details of the song, but that last simple phrase (music and lyric)--"everything"--sticks in the mind.

Great use of the RT's as well. Thanks for sharing your top-notch work!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Everything - 08/21/18 10:56 AM
Wow, so good!

One of your best vocals ever, very emotive and heartfelt.

And man, the track sounds fabulous! Great mix and production. Listened first through the studio monitors and then through the 'phones.

Exceptional!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Everything - 08/21/18 01:35 PM
Floyd,

One of the simplest and best ballads I`ve heard you sing.
I like the warm vocals - the chorus hook is so strong nothing more is needed.
I can hear how you`ve integrated some more modern ideas in the backing - the loop beat track is so well done.
I agree with TanoMusic - you`ve created an instantly memorable song.

Robert
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Everything - 08/21/18 02:11 PM
Great work on this Floyd Jane! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this and you have a fantastic choice of instrumentation. Very classic rock vibe. Nice work on the singing too. Well done!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Everything - 08/21/18 03:16 PM
floyd,

As you've said many times over the years to others, lyrics that seem to be simple and straightforward are amongst the hardest to write and to present. In this song, you've shown us all how to do it!

When I count the words in "Everything", only counting the chorus once because the other times it's sung are repetition, you've created a 3+ minute treat that only uses 70 words. That's incredible!

You've written a wonderful musical journey that just about everyone would be able to relate to and remember after only a couple of hearings. I don't think a song can get radio-friendlier than this.

This arrangement and your singing sounded absolutely terrific on my headphones. Your productions and presentations have always been first class. These days they're like first class with vitamins!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: dcuny Re: Everything - 08/21/18 04:05 PM
I'm with Noel on this - a "simple" write is often typically the exact opposite.

Great song, arrangement, vocal... Emotionally satisfying - it does exactly what it needs to do, and hammers in the chorus with laser focus.

laugh
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Everything - 08/21/18 04:52 PM
Nice simple arrangement and not buried in instruments, I liked this a lot.

lyrics AND VOCALS SHINE.

KISS>> KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Everything - 08/21/18 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Great song, arrangement, vocal... Emotionally satisfying - it does exactly what it needs to do, and hammers in the chorus with laser focus.

laugh

I completely agree.

This may be your best to date and should be on the radio right now!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Everything - 08/21/18 06:22 PM
You named your darn song wrong! It should have been named "Essentials." I mean, isn't that REALLY what it is? Powerful. Beautiful.

I could see a crooner of days gone by singing this; OR Bruno Mars, Ed Sherran, dare I say...Charlie Puth. It's got universal appeal and in my opinion, it's timeless.

You obviously have had a lot of success in knowing how to write. But I have to say; you have really been showing your producer side MUCH more. It's more than just writing lyrics, a great melody or hook, more than theory, more than arranging. It's all of those and a HUGE understanding of how they all work together. I hear A LOT of people throw out all these terms; but you actually back it up with a phenomenal song like this. It's not theory with you. It's proof.

I hope non of my comments come across as condescending; or like I know everything. I pray, that's not the case. I don't think that by any means. I just know what is demonstrated here is what I see demonstrated by other people I admire.

Awesome!

No need to drop the mic. The silence of awe in the room made the statement.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Everything - 08/21/18 08:35 PM
floyd

Just lovely!
Wonderful professional songwriting, producing and performing.
Exquisite work.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Everything - 08/21/18 09:41 PM
Boy do I loved this song Floyd. You hit this one out of the park. What an awesome vocal. Beautiful lyric and backtrack. Well done
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/22/18 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
This is exceptional. Well done.

Regards,

Lefty

Mr. Burke... coming from the MASTER of well-penned brevity and sing-able melody, I take that as a huge compliment... Thank You!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Everything - 08/22/18 11:51 AM
Wow - a very strong write, and perfectly executed. This is one of my favourites I'v heard from you. The vocals are powerful and sincere, and man - that chorus! It is very, very powerful. It almost has an epic feel to it.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: RnAM Re: Everything - 08/22/18 12:06 PM
Beautiful song Floyd.
We especially like the choruses.
And Brent is doing a fine job agai!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: dani48 Re: Everything - 08/22/18 12:11 PM
Hi, Floyd!:))

Wonderful ! Wow
that strong vocals
you owe ! You know I
like it as everything
else too !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: jannesan Re: Everything - 08/22/18 01:07 PM
This is one of my favorite medium pop-rock ballad types with the familiar chording. You have really made it as powerful as it is possible. Excellent production, drums sound especially strong. Your vocals backing included sound great and lyrics are simply perfectly simple smile This has everything it needs, nothing unnecessary.

Janne
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Everything - 08/22/18 02:10 PM
Beautiful ballad

I love that Pop Modern Groove Acoustic guitar

I'll be checking that out

the vocals, mix, and arrangement show skills

that are stratospheric!

a wonderful gentle touch with this song, just what was needed

to make it special

Kenny
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Everything - 08/22/18 06:27 PM
Sometimes simple equals BRILLIANT!!! One of those songs that makes you say "Why didn't I write that?". Elegantly simple and heartfelt, and GORGEOUS!! The arrangement and vocals are beautiful and instantly memorable (still singing in my head now). I would love to hear a pop diva type (Celine Dion or similar) just nail this with a rhodes and strings type of arrangement. Singers can show their best stuff on those soaring melodies. Beautiful work here Floyd!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/23/18 09:29 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Floyd,

This is great. Loved the simplicity of it.

Funny there seems to be some similarity of themes on the forum these days--some kinda zeitgeist. It's a good zeitgeist. smile

Excellent production man. Real ear candy all the way through. Gorgeous and sincere vocals too.

Simple is as simple does... smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Everything - 08/23/18 05:25 PM
We've known for six years that you have a helluva set of pipes....but man does this ever showcase them!

We hear a power but not over the top ballad. The harmony is exquisite.

And the lyric...wow. So simple and yet so strong. The epitome of the old adage that perfection is when there is nothing left to take away.

Your band is perfecto and the beat track provides just enough hint of modern.

Yeah, we love it.

J&B

Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Everything - 08/23/18 06:14 PM
There's so much about that song and the performance that's absolutely stellar.... Great choice of tracks, well executed, smooth vocal performance, and economy of words, in other words... it says a lot with a few words.

It had a very laid back easy going groove to it.

One of your best in a while.
Posted By: rayc Re: Everything - 08/23/18 07:27 PM
The BIG rhythm section is a huge contrast to the vocal and guitars EXCELLENT.
Big ballad, without turning into a hairmetal power ballad, is a hard thing to pull off.
You did it.
The bass tone is the star of the rhythm section too. A lovely growl/drive edge.
ACE
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Everything - 08/23/18 08:36 PM
I love this one Floyd! Man you are such a pro at using this program! That chorus is awesome! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/24/18 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: GocartMoz
Back to what it is all about … Love Songs. Great stuff Floyd. I too love the simplicity of the structure, theme and song. Back to basics and pure gold. Your voice is always the star of the show and this is no different. Congrats on another great tune.

Dave

Thanks, Dave....

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Floyd:

Loved this basic, direct love song. As usual, first-rate composition and production!

Really liked how you 'hung' the chorus on the word 'everything'-- excellent song architecture.

Don't you agree that the hallmark of a worthy song is that some portion of it is memorable, even after listening? I think you have this with the word 'everything'. A listener might not remember the details of the song, but that last simple phrase (music and lyric)--"everything"--sticks in the mind.

Great use of the RT's as well. Thanks for sharing your top-notch work!

Appreciate that, TM... It is always good to find that "simple hook" that stays with people....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/24/18 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, so good!

One of your best vocals ever, very emotive and heartfelt.

And man, the track sounds fabulous! Great mix and production. Listened first through the studio monitors and then through the 'phones.

Exceptional!

Dave - Thanks for your continued support. Can't ask for a nicer review than that!...

Posted By: ROG Re: Everything - 08/25/18 07:34 AM
Hi Floyd,

Ha! That chorus is pure Brian Adams!

I love Brian Adams stuff. What more can I say?

ROG.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Everything - 08/25/18 12:18 PM
Floyd,

Wow, absolutely beautiful...

Nothing simple about this song - a complete pro job all around. Your vocal is tremendous on this.

My favorite to date.

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/25/18 04:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,

One of the simplest and best ballads I`ve heard you sing.
I like the warm vocals - the chorus hook is so strong nothing more is needed.
I can hear how you`ve integrated some more modern ideas in the backing - the loop beat track is so well done.
I agree with TanoMusic - you`ve created an instantly memorable song.

Robert

Thanks, Robert - appreciate all of that...

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Great work on this Floyd Jane! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this and you have a fantastic choice of instrumentation. Very classic rock vibe. Nice work on the singing too. Well done!

Joe - thanks for stopping in for a listen....
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Everything - 08/26/18 02:51 AM
Hello, floyd

Very very catchy!
I agree with Robert.
One of the simplest and best ballads I've heard you sing.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Skyline Re: Everything - 08/26/18 07:15 AM
A superb song.
Simple as that.

And that goose-bump chorus - wow.

John
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Everything - 08/26/18 07:31 AM
This is an elegant piece. The choice of electric guitars and their arrangement worked really well for me. I enjoyed this from start to finish. Great song, arrangement and performance.

"I could see a crooner of days gone by singing this; OR Bruno Mars, Ed Sherran, dare I say...Charlie Puth. It's got universal appeal and in my opinion, it's timeless." HTL

Hear To Learn scared me until I read the word 'Puth'... His buildup to a Charlie Fogle comeback was perfect...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/26/18 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

As you've said many times over the years to others, lyrics that seem to be simple and straightforward are amongst the hardest to write and to present. In this song, you've shown us all how to do it!

When I count the words in "Everything", only counting the chorus once because the other times it's sung are repetition, you've created a 3+ minute treat that only uses 70 words. That's incredible!

You've written a wonderful musical journey that just about everyone would be able to relate to and remember after only a couple of hearings. I don't think a song can get radio-friendlier than this.

This arrangement and your singing sounded absolutely terrific on my headphones. Your productions and presentations have always been first class. These days they're like first class with vitamins!

All the best,
Noel

Noel - I do think these type songs are hard to get right - to "keep it simple" yet say something meaningful is a balancing act (I have always admired how good Mr. Burke is at it!). Thanks for the delightful review!!!

laugh

Thanks, David. Appreciate that...
Posted By: gibson Re: Everything - 08/27/18 11:23 AM
floyd,

What can I say?

the production is excellent. So much so that I had to open the door and wind up to 12 to let my neighbours enjoy this as well.

Alyn

ps Haha, started their dog barking LOL. Monty's a fan and he is only 6 months old...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/27/18 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Nice simple arrangement and not buried in instruments, I liked this a lot.

lyrics AND VOCALS SHINE.

KISS>> KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE.

Thanks, beatmaster....

Originally Posted By: MarioD

laugh

I completely agree.

This may be your best to date and should be on the radio right now!

Appreciate that, Mario...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/28/18 06:28 PM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
You named your darn song wrong! It should have been named "Essentials." I mean, isn't that REALLY what it is? Powerful. Beautiful.

I could see a crooner of days gone by singing this; OR Bruno Mars, Ed Sherran, dare I say...Charlie Puth. It's got universal appeal and in my opinion, it's timeless.

You obviously have had a lot of success in knowing how to write. But I have to say; you have really been showing your producer side MUCH more. It's more than just writing lyrics, a great melody or hook, more than theory, more than arranging. It's all of those and a HUGE understanding of how they all work together. I hear A LOT of people throw out all these terms; but you actually back it up with a phenomenal song like this. It's not theory with you. It's proof.

I hope non of my comments come across as condescending; or like I know everything. I pray, that's not the case. I don't think that by any means. I just know what is demonstrated here is what I see demonstrated by other people I admire.

Awesome!

No need to drop the mic. The silence of awe in the room made the statement.

You KNOW I loved THIS review! Charlie Puth - HA! I think he may be beyond these type songs, but if we write his name often enough, maybe he'll stumble upon this in a Google search!! smile smile

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Just lovely!
Wonderful professional songwriting, producing and performing.
Exquisite work.

Peter

Appreciate that, Peter...
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Everything - 08/28/18 07:20 PM
Great sentiment in an arrangement of interest and soft power. I like this.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/29/18 12:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Boy do I loved this song Floyd. You hit this one out of the park. What an awesome vocal. Beautiful lyric and backtrack. Well done

Thanks, Scott... appreciate all that...

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - a very strong write, and perfectly executed. This is one of my favourites I'v heard from you. The vocals are powerful and sincere, and man - that chorus! It is very, very powerful. It almost has an epic feel to it.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk - Thanks for stopping in for a listen...and the fine review...

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Beautiful song Floyd.
We especially like the choruses.
And Brent is doing a fine job agai!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/30/18 10:35 AM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd!:))

Wonderful ! Wow
that strong vocals
you owe ! You know I
like it as everything
else too !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
This is one of my favorite medium pop-rock ballad types with the familiar chording. You have really made it as powerful as it is possible. Excellent production, drums sound especially strong. Your vocals backing included sound great and lyrics are simply perfectly simple smile This has everything it needs, nothing unnecessary.

Janne

I Appreciate that... Thanks, Janne...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/31/18 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful ballad

I love that Pop Modern Groove Acoustic guitar

I'll be checking that out

the vocals, mix, and arrangement show skills

that are stratospheric!

a wonderful gentle touch with this song, just what was needed

to make it special

Kenny

Thanks for that, Kenny...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sometimes simple equals BRILLIANT!!! One of those songs that makes you say "Why didn't I write that?". Elegantly simple and heartfelt, and GORGEOUS!! The arrangement and vocals are beautiful and instantly memorable (still singing in my head now). I would love to hear a pop diva type (Celine Dion or similar) just nail this with a rhodes and strings type of arrangement. Singers can show their best stuff on those soaring melodies. Beautiful work here Floyd!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - when a writer such as you uses words like "brilliant" and "gorgeous" and, especially "why didin't I think of that"... well that is certainly appreciated...

If you run into Celine, have her drop by here... smile

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 08/31/18 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We've known for six years that you have a helluva set of pipes....but man does this ever showcase them!

We hear a power but not over the top ballad. The harmony is exquisite.

And the lyric...wow. So simple and yet so strong. The epitome of the old adage that perfection is when there is nothing left to take away.

Your band is perfecto and the beat track provides just enough hint of modern.

Yeah, we love it.

J&B

Six years. That's longer than I ever stick with anything (except my wife. of course). I value your friendship as much as your musicianship. Both of ya...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
There's so much about that song and the performance that's absolutely stellar.... Great choice of tracks, well executed, smooth vocal performance, and economy of words, in other words... it says a lot with a few words.

It had a very laid back easy going groove to it.

One of your best in a while.

Thanks, Herb. Appreciate that.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/01/18 10:21 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
The BIG rhythm section is a huge contrast to the vocal and guitars EXCELLENT.
Big ballad, without turning into a hairmetal power ballad, is a hard thing to pull off.
You did it.
The bass tone is the star of the rhythm section too. A lovely growl/drive edge.
ACE

Thanks for having a go at this, Ray...
Posted By: gruverider Re: Everything - 09/01/18 04:10 PM
Super Ballade!!! Superior production and arrangement. And emotional vocal performance!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/01/18 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
I love this one Floyd! Man you are such a pro at using this program! That chorus is awesome! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/02/18 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

Ha! That chorus is pure Brian Adams!

I love Brian Adams stuff. What more can I say?

ROG.

Thanks, ROG. That is a comparison I would not have thought of...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/03/18 12:52 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Wow, absolutely beautiful...

Nothing simple about this song - a complete pro job all around. Your vocal is tremendous on this.

My favorite to date.

Bob

Thank you, Bob!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/04/18 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Very very catchy!
I agree with Robert.
One of the simplest and best ballads I've heard you sing.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Thanks so much!

Originally Posted By: Skyline
A superb song.
Simple as that.

And that goose-bump chorus - wow.

John

Appreciate that, John. Always great to have you drop by...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/04/18 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is an elegant piece. The choice of electric guitars and their arrangement worked really well for me. I enjoyed this from start to finish. Great song, arrangement and performance.

"I could see a crooner of days gone by singing this; OR Bruno Mars, Ed Sherran, dare I say...Charlie Puth. It's got universal appeal and in my opinion, it's timeless." HTL

Hear To Learn scared me until I read the word 'Puth'... His buildup to a Charlie Fogle comeback was perfect...

Thanks, Charlie. Speaking of a Charlie Fogle comeback - when might we hear another from you?????

Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

What can I say?

the production is excellent. So much so that I had to open the door and wind up to 12 to let my neighbours enjoy this as well.

Alyn

ps Haha, started their dog barking LOL. Monty's a fan and he is only 6 months old...

Woof! Woof! Woof!!! smile smile smile

Glad to see ya back, Alyn! Hoping to hear a bunch of new stuff from you....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/05/18 05:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Great sentiment in an arrangement of interest and soft power. I like this.

Thanks, Tangmo.

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Super Ballade!!! Superior production and arrangement. And emotional vocal performance!

Thanks, Lawrence...
Posted By: tommyad Re: Everything - 09/05/18 10:36 AM
I love the intro. The production is exceptional. The write is perfect for the melody. The vocal is superb as are the backing vocals. Nice touch having the instrumentation drop out. This is about as perfect as can be in all regards. Beautifully and expertly done. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Everything - 09/07/18 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
I love the intro. The production is exceptional. The write is perfect for the melody. The vocal is superb as are the backing vocals. Nice touch having the instrumentation drop out. This is about as perfect as can be in all regards. Beautifully and expertly done. Tom

Thanks Tom
© PG Music Forums