PG Music Home
Posted By: Tangmo An Introduction. - 08/21/18 08:47 PM
I'm a former user of BIAB from back even before RealDrums. I had a great time with my old version, but fell out of music-making for a while. I have just splashed some money north to get a copy of the Audiophile version. I'm really excited to get my fingers on the newest version of this great tool.

I used BIAB mostly in song-writing and composition and worked it pretty hard to get as creative as possible. Since it was all midi, I usually used the midi files run through an outboard rack-mounted synth to put tracks in my DAW. But sometimes I rendered the midi (seperate tracks) to .wav to load them in the DAW for further processing.

Just thought I'd share the first successful creation. I'm sorry, but I can't remember what style I used...something like JTaylor Latin. These tracks were rendered/beefed-up midi tracks.

Hey Baby: http://alonetone.com/tangmo/tracks/hey-baby

One more while I'm typing, then I'll stop. eek

This one was started as a total goof experiment with BIAB functions and turned into something very unexpected. I "created" this user style from another midi found on the internet and entered the chords. This (pretty much) came out. Here, I used the midi-tracks through my synth to the DAW. I didn't use every scrap that BIAB produced, but I added nothing.

Watch Your Twelve Half-Step Program:
http://alonetone.com/tangmo/tracks/watch-your-twelve-half-step-program

I haven't gotten the hard-drive yet, but already I'm near quivering with excitement.

I am sure I'm going to love the real tracks, but I hope PGMusic never leaves Midi in the dust as BIAB continues to develop.

Can anybody answer whether or not these new versions work well as DAW's?

I'm looking forward to the community here as well.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: An Introduction. - 08/21/18 09:26 PM
Hey Tangmo,

I know you! Great to see you here, it’s been a while.

Had a listen to your first song, well written as I remember your songs always were. I think you will be blown away once you get your disk with the realtracks, BIAB has come a long way over the last few years.

MIDI is still an important part, and they now have the concept of MIDI Supertracks that kicks things up a notch.

Anyway, a great community here, lots of support from many of the people here in the various forums. Lots of great music too!

All the best to you,
Posted By: Tangmo Re: An Introduction. - 08/21/18 11:11 PM
DAVE!!!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: An Introduction. - 08/22/18 11:22 AM
Tangmo,

Welcome to the Showcase!

A nice song. Well written. A good listen.

An impressive recording - especially since you have implied that it is all MIDI - that is not readily evident (as it often is in all MIDI recordings). Can't imagine the heights you will reach with RealTracks and RealDrums - you will be in heaven!, believe me... Take a leave of absence from work - you will not be up for air for a long time... smile

floyd
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: An Introduction. - 08/22/18 11:40 AM
Really nice work on these, and welcome back to the forums! Hey Baby is certainly catchy, and a wonderful example of what MIDI is truly capable. That second tune is so bizarre and abstract - definitely unique for the forums smile Makes me thing of MIDI free jazz, if that were a thing.

Can't wait to hear what else you let us here - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Scott C Re: An Introduction. - 08/22/18 11:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. Excellent tune. Super vocal and lyric.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: An Introduction. - 08/23/18 01:10 PM
I enjoyed your dad song; engaging lyrics, warm vocals and the natural sound you created with midi... once you hear what the realtracks can do, oh boy!
I`m looking forward to listening to your songs.

Robert
Posted By: Tangmo Re: An Introduction. - 08/24/18 02:08 AM
Thanks all, for the listens and encouragement. Got my HD today and installed. A few minor hiccups, but I think I have them ironed out. First: Oh Lord at the buttons!! Second: Oh Lord at the styles!!!

I've already got a little 16-bar sketch worked up in BIAB. Haven't messed too much yet in Real Band, but that will come with time. I don't think I'm going to be doing too much else for a while. smile I really needed something to get my teeth into, and this fits the bill.
© PG Music Forums