PG Music Home
Posted By: Tangmo Subcomplemental - 08/24/18 09:48 PM
Subcomplemental

First more or less complete piece made with 2018.

****** Song Summary *************

No intro. 56 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 56. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.

Style is SUNSETS.STY (Indian Raga w/ Night Insects Loo)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Reed Organ (21), Pad-Warm (Slow) (90), Sitar (105),

Loop in Song: Nature Sounds\Night_Insects_2.wma

RealTracks in song: 1760:Fiddle, Background Pop16ths Ev 085

MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

Second style is 2416VISH 24/16 ev16 65

I used no effects to speak of.

Comments and suggestions welcomed. Enjoy.

I'm unhappy with the cold ending, but that is probably a function of the midi, and I used to have a work-around but don't know where to look for it any more.

Straight link:

http://alonetone.com/tangmo/tracks/subcomplemental-2

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 06:17 AM
Hi Tangmo,

The link you provided is broken, returns a message: "Hmm, we didn't find that track!"
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 08:51 AM
Yup the link isn’t working. I will try later

Dave
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 11:28 AM
Sorry about that. I put up a new version, and it broke the link, apparently. Fixed now.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 11:28 AM
https://alonetone.com/tangmo
A very original-sounding instrumental! Id that's WIP I'll be intrigued to hear the final result!
cool
John
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 05:33 PM
Great sounding meditative kind of piece!! I think you've got something really cool going here. I would continue to develop it. Keep posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 08:58 PM
Hi Tangmo, I enjoyed this! Really enjoyed the ideas' here and the direction you're going with this. The fiddle is a great touch! thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Subcomplemental - 08/25/18 11:27 PM
This is very cool track. Love the rhythm to the song
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Subcomplemental - 08/28/18 03:52 PM
Thanks, again. Ultimately, I think this needs to have the stock Windows GM sounds replaced, but I'm waiting until it's structurally sound...and until I get the synth plugged in :-).
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Subcomplemental - 08/29/18 12:05 PM
Wow - what a unique piece! Especially for the showcase here. It has a very eerie and abstract quality to it, which I liked it. Another fine example of Band-in-a-Box's diversity smile

Good work here and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Subcomplemental - 08/29/18 12:28 PM
Tangmo,

An interesting listen. Good use of the program... cool mix of sounds...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Subcomplemental - 08/29/18 01:05 PM
Very different...in a good way.

Cinematic and engaging.

Nice!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Subcomplemental - 08/31/18 01:28 PM
Tangmo...interesting and innovative. I think it's a good start, but can use some further development--altho I don't really have a suggestion there.

I like to do this kind of thing, too...mix some diverse elements, like trying to invent a new mixed drink..then work with what's been created.

Your use of the nature element certainly fits with the other sonic choices you've made...
If it were me, I'd have to decide if I was constructing a 'mood' piece, without a real melody, etc. If so, this is well-developed.

Thanks for sharing, and I'm going to look forward to hearing more!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Subcomplemental - 09/02/18 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great sounding meditative kind of piece!! I think you've got something really cool going here. I would continue to develop it. Keep posting! Take care. Greg

Greg said it! You've got something going here and it will be interesting to hear as it develops! Take care, Torrey
© PG Music Forums