PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM READY - 09/01/18 05:24 PM
READY

Being unable (or unwilling) to really commit to someone and then realizing afterwards that you should have. But then it's too late of course, hmm...
What guy (or girl) doesn't know that feeling (OK maybe you don't, you're blessed ;-))

It's a notorious theme in pop and rock songs, particularly those in the 80s and 90s. It's also a reoccurring theme in my own lyrics. In a sense this song is the follow-up on one of my previous songs MONDAY

As always any comments are welcome!

Rob

Style: BRIT8SLO
RealDrums in Song: BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
1254 Bass
1175 Guitar
1687 Guitar
1175 Calypso guitar
1601 Mandolin
1765 High strung
2507 String quartet
Additional midi instruments: Kontakt

Ready

I wasn't ready for it
I wasn't ready to go
not giving up on love
just feeling ready to run

and now I know
it's burning me still
and for all days to come
I wanted to see
but days gone by days turn into a night
further down the road love passing me by

some days seem almost stolen from my mind
those nights of running wild and trying to find
were they real?

I wasn't up for it
I wasn't ready for you
had no real loving in me
nothing real to show
you tried to fight it there
you wouldn't leave it alone

and now I find
it's hurting me still
I do miss your promises
and your giving in
when you said you'd always be
be right here with me
but days gone by days turn into a night
further down that road love keeps passing me by

and now I know
it's hurting me still
I have all my days to come
I want to believe
when you said you'd always be
be right here with me
with me
Posted By: Tangmo Re: READY - 09/01/18 07:14 PM
Excellently put-together. Muted power in the vox and great build in the mix and progression.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: READY - 09/01/18 08:30 PM
Hi RnAM, Great work on this! I really enjoyed the overall progression. I found this very easy to listen to and features some very nice chords. Great use of EFX on the vocals too. Well done!
Posted By: rsdean Re: READY - 09/01/18 08:36 PM
Rob,

Love this... Great song and your vocal has a very cool Roy Orbison feel to it. Great performance.

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: READY - 09/02/18 05:48 AM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

This song explodes with professionalism. The sound is incredible, the singing and harmonies are incredible and the arrangement and the mix sparkle like diamonds!

There's nothing that I'd change. Everything fits together perfectly and showcases the outstanding vocals with polish and power.

You sure know how to drive BIAB really, REALLY well.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: READY - 09/02/18 08:04 AM
Masterfully produced, a great driving sound and the backing is sensational.

(The quality could be something delivered by Bruce Springsteen - I'm not joking.)

This is another extraordinary delivery.

Vocals and overdubs are outstanding.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: READY - 09/02/18 10:12 AM
Nice changes in this one! Vocal is superb, no surprise there smile And the track sounds great too.

Totally pro on every level, loved it!
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: READY - 09/02/18 11:18 AM
Great song. Beautifully written and great vocal. Love the backing tracks. Very pro. Not a thing I don’t like about this. It is not the type of song I would normally expect to hear a mandolin in, but loved the subtle ness of the mandolin in this mix. Wonderful.

Dave
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: READY - 09/02/18 06:40 PM
Very cool Rob!! Love the energy and the tension in the music. Melody is so interesting and production stellar!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: READY - 09/02/18 07:13 PM
This one was quite poignant. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: READY - 09/02/18 08:01 PM
Rob,
You have as fine a voice in the upper register as anyone I can think of and you clearly know how to bring out the quality in your productions.
As others have said this song has a really sweet chord progression and propulsive rhythm.
Very much enjoyed!

Robert
Posted By: floyd jane Re: READY - 09/03/18 12:49 PM
Terrific. Smooth and powerful. Not an easy combination to pull off and you do it with ease.

Excellent vocals and harmonies. Nice arrangement. Good mix. A pro package.

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: furry Re: READY - 09/03/18 04:26 PM
Ooooh now, that perked my ears up a lot. Great song
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: READY - 09/04/18 09:21 AM
- Different and very effective RT choice

- Top notch powerful vocals (as always) with as Bob mentioned a Roy Orbison feel

- BIG pro sounding production...all the way

Cool, classy and a great take on the theme!!

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: READY - 09/04/18 10:17 AM
Really nice work on this smile Your voice is tremendous here, and the RealTracks selection couldn't be more spot on. The chorus is beautifully catchy, and the production is seriously top notch. It sounds really crisp and professional. And again - your vocals, just wow! Your upper range is near flawless here.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: READY - 09/04/18 10:33 AM
Rob… Really enjoyed listening to this song...this is the mark of really good song-writing: coming up with a new, creative slant on a familiar lyrical theme. Well done!

So professionally produced, great vocal, wonderful driving rhythm, and interestIng chords/melody.

Thanks for sharing it!
Posted By: RnAM Re: READY - 09/06/18 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. It is always appreciated!

Rob
Posted By: tommyad Re: READY - 09/07/18 10:34 AM
RnAM, I wasn’t expecting a mandolin but it works to perfection. The write and the vocals are excellent as usual. A very enjoyable listen, Tom
Posted By: animarorecords Re: READY - 09/09/18 03:22 AM
Hello, Rob and Anne-Marie

Masterfully produced!
Your vocals and harmonies are very professional.
I think that it captures the characteristics of European rock in the 80s and 90s.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: READY - 09/09/18 05:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Rob and Anne-Marie,

This song explodes with professionalism. The sound is incredible, the singing and harmonies are incredible and the arrangement and the mix sparkle like diamonds!

There's nothing that I'd change. Everything fits together perfectly and showcases the outstanding vocals with polish and power.

You sure know how to drive BIAB really, REALLY well.

All the best,
Noel

Rob & Anne-Marie,

I fully agree with Noel's comments. Everything here is polished much like a fine diamond. This is fantastic! Totally love it! And yeah, that mandolin coming in was a wonderful surprise - perfect choice. This is a fantastic song and performance!

Alan
© PG Music Forums