PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie McG It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/07/18 12:40 PM
Just finished this original tune (It's An Old Heartbreak). Used _LVLNPOP.STY Country Ballad w/ Backing Violin. I played guitar on it and did the vocal. Used Cakewalk by Bandlab as my DAW. Any feedback is appreciated.

https://youtu.be/AA-Q9xEXX58
Posted By: Mikke Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/07/18 01:45 PM
Hey Charlie,

Thanks for sharing, a really wonderful track. Enjoy the video, the graphics are really fun.

My only feedback would be maybe bring the guitar up a little more in the Mix. It's some great playing, It would be nice to have it out front a bit more.

Great job, keep sharing!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/07/18 03:58 PM
Nice work Charlie - I also really liked this! Nice job on the video as well. You did some really crafty work on the guitar too, with a wicked groove to boot.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/07/18 07:20 PM
Cool tune. Really liked the video. Well done
Posted By: MarioD Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/07/18 10:15 PM
Country as it is supposed to sound! Awesome work here Charlie. I liked everything about this one.

This sounds like an old George Jones song and I mean that in a very positive way.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/08/18 07:40 AM
Mikke, thanks for listening and your comments. Will look at the guitar as you suggest.

Thanks a lot, Deryk. Glad you liked it.

ScottC, thank you.

Mario, thank you very much. Wish ole George was still around to record it. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/08/18 07:32 PM
Charlie,

This is a sensational listen. The lyric concept really appealed to me... very clever! You've' definitely got the knack for creating and producing quality music! The lyric video is also very engaging.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/08/18 08:36 PM
Well done Charlie McG! I found this easy to listen to. Nice work on the vocals and has a very expressive message. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/09/18 07:02 AM
Noel, thanks so much. Glad you liked it.

Joe, thanks a lot for listening and your feedback.
Posted By: Biglad Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/13/18 11:19 AM
Great track and vocals ,a mix between Rodney crowell with an edge of bill Anderson.excellent love it.great production and story .thanks for sharing
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/14/18 11:16 AM
Biglad, thanks a lot. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/14/18 11:21 AM

This is a really good song Charlie.

I like it a lot. It has a tremendous amount of warmth and sincerity.

Great job.
Posted By: cliftond Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/14/18 12:35 PM
Great job CHarlie, love the way you did the video on this, The country backing is just amazing, and oh yeah the vocal is top notch!!!
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/15/18 04:41 PM
David, thanks for the listen and your comments.

cliftond, thanks for listening. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: Al-David Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/15/18 05:04 PM
Hello Charlie,

This is the music I grew up on and by which I learned to play guitar. loved my listen! You really did a nice job on those high notes in the chorus. I couldn't sing that high if you paid me a million bucks!

The lyric is perfect for the era, as are the backing tracks. Very nicely done!

Alan
Posted By: furry Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/15/18 05:22 PM
Absolutely fabulous song. Traditional country at its very best. You've got a great voice as well
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/16/18 06:01 PM
Beautifully done Charlie!! Great emotional writing and singing. I'm no expert in country but one of the old classic singers would be perfect for this. Perhaps Roy Orbison? Excellent!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/16/18 06:42 PM
Nice song Charlie! I always enjoy your songs and videos... you really know your way around music and video software.

The lyric video was very cool, by the way... I've never seen anything like that before.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: It's An Old Heartbreak - 09/19/18 02:56 PM
Al-David, thanks for the listen and for your comments.

Furry, thanks a lot.

Greg, thank you. I wish someone like Orbison would record it!

Pat, how are you? Thanks so much for your kind comments. The video was done for me by someone. I added a few things to it but not a lot.
© PG Music Forums