PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic NEW SONG: "Not Anymore" - 09/16/18 06:11 PM
Hi Gang!

Back from vacation and back to my Rock roots! My latest offering is with my guitars that were promising to leave me if I didn't pick them up more often! =D

This one is entitled: "Not Anymore." It's about a boy who meets the "perfect girl" only to discover that nobody is perfect!!! =D

If you get a chance, have a listen!

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/not-anymore
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: NEW SONG: "Not Anymore" - 09/16/18 06:34 PM
Hey Dave,

I like this.. it has a live performance feel to it. Can you elaborate a bit on how you laid the tracks? (It doesn't sound like BIAB had a real big part in it, so I'm guessing you played a lot of it yourself. What DAW did you use to record it?)

And I see you are from NC.. may I ask where?
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: NEW SONG: "Not Anymore" - 09/17/18 10:52 AM
What a tune! I love the energy in this tune. It's a great throwback to the hard rockin' sound of the late 70's/early 80's. The kind of tune I can imagine sounding unreal in a live setting. Like Pat - I'd love to know how Band-in-a-Box played a part here. Either way - great work on the tune and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "Not Anymore" - 09/17/18 04:37 PM
Zup Dude???

Thanks for the listen!

BIAB is my foundation to how I structure all my songs. As I grow, there will be times when other options will be required to achieve the desired effects I'm looking for.

As in this case, the riff for the guitars were not available in BIAB, so I was forced to create my own and just blend it in.

This time, my head was saying: "Do it this way!!!" =D

Thanks again!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "Not Anymore" - 09/17/18 04:46 PM
Hi Pat!

Thanks for your listen.

Regarding your questions:

I begin all my tracks in BIAB. Then I record the WAV tracks and move them over to my "Pro-Tools" DAW. Because What I wanted to convey in this song was not available in BIAB, I was forced to create my own tracks to make it sound the way is sounded in my head.

I use a few Delay plugins to get the "wide space sound."

Thanks again!
All the best...
Dave
© PG Music Forums