PG Music Home
Posted By: cliftond Heart Break #3 - 09/25/18 11:59 PM
This is a cowrite with my good friend John Delk, he has some great songs that he allowed Corey and I to record. THis is a different take than John had originally wrote, hope he likes it. It is different territory for us also. Started as a country song now i have a hard time figuring what it is. Enjoy Cliff BIAB was drums, bass,piano. It gave me the groove for sure.
[Link no longer valid]
Posted By: PeterF Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 12:38 AM
Cliff

A nice jangly country rock tune with some tasteful playing. A good set of lyrics and nice vocals and harmonies.
Thoroughly enjoyable.

Peter
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 01:05 AM
Very nice! Has some south-of-the-border. Tejana, maybe? Don't know the word, but that's the flavor I get. Lovely guitar licks and a sweet, dusty voice delivering a well-wrought lyric. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 11:34 AM
Thank You Peter, glad you enjoyed it!!! Cliff
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 12:27 PM
Really nice work on this smile It has a nice, smooth yet rough around the edges feel to it. Some really nice playing here, and I thought the vocals fit impeccably too, and the lyrics helped it along great as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 12:35 PM

Hey Clifton,

A great solid song.

I really love that guitar!

The hook is pure country. Great job!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 12:38 PM
Nice!

We like the, as Peter said, jangly guitar -- gives it a slight Byrds hint.

Well done!

J&B

PS Hey, if you don't know what to call it then it's Americana smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 01:20 PM
I really like that this song had a bit of roughness to it. It made the song feel incredibly genuine. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 03:21 PM
Cliff (& friends),

A good listen. Loved the title!

As Bud noted it has a Byrds flavor - or even a bit of Mavericks...

Gets ya singing along by the end...

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 08:35 PM
What a cool back track, vocal and harmonies. Well done. Really loved your guitar work. Excellent tone.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/26/18 08:53 PM
Another great tune from you Clifton! To me it's a mix of Dwight Yoakam-Jimmy Buffet-Dire Straits and it is highly enjoyable! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/27/18 06:14 PM
Thanks Tangmo, yeah after reading some of the comments it does have a mavericks flavor there. Thank You!!!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 09/27/18 06:17 PM
Thank You Deryk, I always appreciate your feed back. THis started as a country song that my friend John Delk was writing, but, when i started playing the guitar thru my amp and had BIAB style going, it just went in its own direction, and I felt it strongly, epecially my my my HA, I think that may be the best part of the song, and the Knople guitar licks. Cliff
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/01/18 04:49 PM
Thank You David, guitar and amps is my thang!!!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/01/18 04:50 PM
Thanks J & B, Jangly, anything I can play on elec thru amp is awesome to me!!!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 10:51 AM
Very nice, well-written, especially the chorus is extremely catchy.

Clifford, I love your voice and your cool singing style. And, yes, the guitar sound is great.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 01:38 PM
Hey there cliftond, Fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and a solid key signature choice. That guitar tone is very warm! Great work on the vocals too. Well done!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 01:45 PM
Cool song!

nice groove, good flow, rough edges (which I like!)

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 07:02 PM
Thank you Ember, yes I guess it has some rough edges kind of like me Ha!!! clIFF
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 07:04 PM
Thanks for the listen Floyd, Mavericks, might be, catchy enough to sing along to. excellent!!!! Cliff
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/02/18 07:05 PM
THanks Scott, I love your guitar work, so this is a big atta boy for me!!! Cliff
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/03/18 01:39 PM
Very cool song idea with a catchy chorus and a warm live sounding performance. Singalong good.
Excellent vocals and harmonies!

Robert
Posted By: cliftond Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/04/18 08:46 PM
Thank you Torey i apreciate your comments!! Cliff
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/04/18 09:01 PM
Cliff and John,

Now that was a good listen! As others have already mentioned there is definitely a Byrds flavour to this. Like floyd, I think this is such a great title.

All the best to you both,
Noel
Posted By: Sundance Re: Heart Break #3 - 10/04/18 11:10 PM
Your vocal style/tone reminds me of TG Shepperd.

Liked the song, catchy chorus and really enjoyed my listen. That touch of latin vibe is tasty song spice.
© PG Music Forums