PG Music Home
Posted By: occ I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 12:43 PM
This is the name of a song I wrote for my wife about 5 years ago.
I used PROMISA Pop with Piano style with Brent guitar in middle
of song. {I didn't know what came over me} occ

www.soundclick.com/ocandcompany
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 03:22 PM
Wow - what a tune! Very powerful, and very sincere. A gorgeous tribute to your wife smile Love the lyrics, and thought the lyrics were very powerful and relatable too.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Tangmo Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 05:57 PM
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13770129

(I hope you don't mind me posting a link directly to the song.)

As a man who deeply loves his wife, this touched my heart. The guitar solo was spot on and effective as well. Very, very nice listen.
Posted By: occ Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 06:01 PM
Thanks Deryk!! Glad you liked it. I'm still using version 2016. I've been out with back surgery for about 2 years and can't sing like I used to. I would like to upgrade to 2018 but can't right now. I've just now started using BIAB and Realband again since my surgery. occ
Posted By: occ Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 06:06 PM
Thanks Tangmo! I think its great that you posted a direct link to the song. Glad you liked it. occ
Posted By: Will Josef Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 06:30 PM
Beautiful song and very good choices for the arrangement. Really enjoyed it!

Will
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 06:56 PM
Fantastic job occ! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. The different elements really glue well together and the mix sounds well polished too. Well done!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/26/18 07:54 PM
I really love what you did with this song. Great use of the style!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/27/18 07:47 PM
occ,

I enjoyed listening. I'm a huge fan of 12/8. The time signature has a really nice and restful lilt that carries the music along like gently rolling waves. I congratulate you on a wonderful song -- it resonates with sincerity and is very uplifting to listen to. I enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/27/18 08:53 PM
OCC, what a wonderful tribute to your wife. This is a beautiful touching song. I feel the same way about my wonderful wife of 51 years. This song struck home for me.

I absolutely love this song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/28/18 02:02 PM
This is an excellent tune. Super vocal. I loved this time signature as well. Well done
Posted By: occ Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/28/18 05:09 PM
I want to thank everyone for the comments about my song. It is good to know that you like my song. Thanks again.occ
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/28/18 09:26 PM
This is very heart warming. I feel your sentiments, even though its only been 31 years for me and the missus. Perfect music style choice for this song.
Posted By: Sundance Re: I didn't know what came over me - 09/29/18 12:54 AM
So beautifully heart touching OCC I'll echo what Noel said.... it's a wonderful song that resonates with sincerity and is very uplifting to listen to. I enjoyed it very much too. Congrats to you and your wife on such a long loving relationship. God bless you.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: I didn't know what came over me - 10/05/18 03:20 PM
Some really pretty songs you've done....listened to 2-3 of them. Very pleasant, sweet music! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums