PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM Forced my Name - 09/29/18 08:18 PM

This was mostly based on a MIDI file I created. Later on I added some RTs.
This is as Pop as my songs can get (the lyrics aren't though...).

Hope you like it, any comments are welcome,
Rob

SOULPOP.STY
634:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (B:8ths)
2326:Synth, Background JazzFunkLead Ev 110
880:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittyStrum Sw16 075
2364:Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085
1155:Organ, B3, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
RealDrums in Song: Soul70sEv16^1-a:ClsdHHtSn, b:BusyBss
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Forced my Name - 09/29/18 08:26 PM
Really enjoyed the use of SOULPOP here. Excellent job!
Posted By: rayc Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 04:23 AM
Works for me.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 09:03 AM
A good Pop sound. Good vocals, good mix. I did think there should be a bit more higher frequency sounds - like the bit of organ at 1:50 - for flavoring...

Really nice video.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 12:13 PM
Hi Rob

Really enjoyed listening to this. I liked your selection of style, background, solo phrases, little emphasis points.

I vote for posting the lyric when you post the song!! I want to follow along as I listen!

Overall very smooth and easy-to-listen production. I'm envious of the vocal processing/echoing in this..not sure I could ever pull that off!

And--there is nothing the matter with you!! Great work!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 02:08 PM
Rob,
Super vocals on a catchy song, very tastefully arranged (nice electroflute ending!).
That`s one of the best doubled vocals I`ve heard here- so well balanced... can you tell us a bit about your processing?

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 03:16 PM
Man, those vocals are, as always, great and worthy of more description...as mentioned above. Would love to know how you did that.

Lot's of cool nuances happening through out.

And, again as always, the video was perfect in well supporting the fine lyrice/melody and never distracting.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: jannesan Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 03:24 PM
Very nice melodic pop song, catchy chorus. Great vocals and nice effect on them especially on the verses. Clever use of organ as a solo instrument.

Janne
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 07:22 PM
Wow, that was a very engaging tune. I get a Klaatu and ELO hybrid feel with this one. The arrangement, instrumentation, and the fill notes (I don't know if that is the correct term) are superb.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Forced my Name - 09/30/18 08:30 PM
Very cool backtrack. Love the bouncey feel to it. As always a very cool vocal and harmonies Rob and Anne-Marie..
Posted By: PeterF Re: Forced my Name - 10/01/18 04:55 AM
Rob

Thoroughly professional in all aspects and a wonderful vocal.
My wife walked past as I was playing it and said "is that one of the forum artists? I really like it sounds a bit like the Moody Blues".

Peter
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Forced my Name - 10/01/18 11:42 AM
Really nice work on this one smile I like the mellow vibes here, and it sounds really modern too. Definitely showing the versatility of Band-in-a-Box on this one.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Forced my Name - 10/02/18 02:01 PM
super vocals as always,

love the progressions and melodies

super arrangement

I like it a lot!

Kenny
Posted By: gruverider Re: Forced my Name - 10/04/18 09:22 PM
Wonderful 80's/90's sound. Cool video and great vocal.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Forced my Name - 10/04/18 10:16 PM
Loved the soft vocal delivery, very nicely doubled and harmonized. Super progression and melody. I liked the ebb and flow in dynamics and the introduction of new elements throughout. Thoughtful producing. I couldn't catch all the words, but loved the way they were also part of the rhythm track. You may not even know you're doing it, but you do it good.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Forced my Name - 10/05/18 02:27 AM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

Your music always sounds so incredibly polished that it's an absolute delight to listen to. This sits very snugly against all your other compositions.

To be honest, I've never heard anything less than the most professional sound from you. And the videos are the icing on the cake! They are always very well planned and lead the listen along hand-in-hand with with audio. There's no two ways about you, the two of you are a formidable song-writing and song-presenting pair!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Forced my Name - 10/05/18 01:25 PM
Hey there Rob and Anne-Marie, what a marvelous song! This sounds very full and good key signature too. Adding the organs to this is a nice touch. The lyrics were quite fun. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Forced my Name - 10/05/18 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments!
The voice doubling was done with the Cakewalk z3ta+ synthesizer.

Also, congrats to the Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners. Some pretty cool songs there.

Rob
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Forced my Name - 10/06/18 04:31 AM
HI Rob and Anne-Marie, again a pleasure to watch and listen to. Thanks.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Forced my Name - 10/06/18 12:53 PM
Yeah.... that's a cool song. Excellent in many ways. Loved the vocals, the video, and the song.

Good work.

I'm with Floyd of the highs.
© PG Music Forums