PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C A Cool Wind - 09/30/18 05:45 PM
Went back to the beginnings to find this song. I have been struggling finding my creative side. When I first started with BIAB I would add a few chords and start cycling through the styles until something sounded interesting. This is how this song came to be.

A Cool Wind

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Cool Wind
File:Cool Wind.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 85, Length (m:s)=3:06
No intro. 62 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 62. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _SCARCE.STY (Scarce Dreamy Americana)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 2704:Synth, Rhythm CloudRapLowOrgan Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 2878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsBrent Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 2666:Pedal Steel, Rhythm LushChordsSlow Ev 075
RealDrums in style: AmericanaRoots16th-04-SdStk,Tms [Multi]

Guitar is a PRS and Amp is a Vox
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: A Cool Wind - 09/30/18 07:14 PM
I feel so mellow after listening to this. Very relaxing. It reminds me somewhat of Chris Isaak and the Silvertones. I enjoyed it!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: A Cool Wind - 09/30/18 07:28 PM
Really liked the 'vibe' feel in the band backing you up..good choice of style!
And your playing is crisp and clear as always.
I liked the turn to the major sense as you neared the end.
Overall, sounded great.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: A Cool Wind - 09/30/18 11:40 PM
Very, very nice!

In the beginning I was thinking David Gilmour/Pink Floyd... later I was thinking Santana, but I was wrong... It was Scott C. smile
Posted By: rayc Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 04:10 AM
Has an original Fleetwood Mac Albatross vibe to it. NICE!
Posted By: PeterF Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 04:58 AM
Scott

Liked that - some very tasteful playing and pretty melody lines.
A very nice instrumental.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 06:31 AM
Very nice, Scott.

Pretty melody and love your tone!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 09:26 AM
A good listen, Scott. The backing is very cool - and the perfect bed for your guitar. The playing is quite "reflective"... thoughtful, pensive.

Nice.

fj
Posted By: Robertkc Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 11:02 AM
Scott,

I really enjoyed the melody on this and your guitar tone ( sounds a little different from your previous slow tunes?)is sweet.
That Americana guitar track is perfect behind your lead.
A cinematic listen!

Robert
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 12:20 PM
Wow - I really enjoyed this! Sounds like an introductory piece you'd find on a Pink Floyd tune, particularly Echoes or Animals. Someone else mentioned Fleetwood Mac's Albatross, and that is true as well. Very calming, and very spacey. The kind of music you can close your eyes and drift away to.

I know the feeling when you aren't as inspired as usually. You'll be glad to know it definitely doesn't show here. Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 04:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I feel so mellow after listening to this. Very relaxing. It reminds me somewhat of Chris Isaak and the Silvertones. I enjoyed it!

So glad you like the tune. Thanks for taking the time to add a comment it is appreciated. Love the Chris Isaac reference. I remember awhile back he had a tv show I used to watch.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: A Cool Wind - 10/01/18 07:16 PM
What a lovely, sad progression. That high and lonesome, tasteful lead play and tone fit in just great.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: A Cool Wind - 10/02/18 10:38 AM
This is a really nice one, Scott. Like rayc mentioned it reminds one (in the most positive sense) of the "old" Fleetwood Mac with the great Peter Green on guitar.

If this song isn't perfect for romantic hours which one would be? Left me in a very, very, very pleasant mood.

I like it a lot, Scott.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/02/18 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Really liked the 'vibe' feel in the band backing you up..good choice of style!
And your playing is crisp and clear as always.
I liked the turn to the major sense as you neared the end.
Overall, sounded great.

Thanks for checking out the song and the kind words. It is appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very, very nice!

In the beginning I was thinking David Gilmour/Pink Floyd... later I was thinking Santana, but I was wrong... It was Scott C. smile

Thanks Will for checking out the song. Thanks so much for the very kind comments. Very humbling comparisons and both are guitar heroes of mine.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: A Cool Wind - 10/02/18 03:28 PM
Well done Scott C! I admired the overall vibe on this. I also found this very easy to listen and I really dug the chord progression. A minor is a great key choice too and quite enjoyed those guitar licks. Keep it up!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Cool Wind - 10/03/18 12:44 PM
Scott, dunno if you submit to the music libraries or not but this has a very cinematic feel to it. Like it could fit in a variety of scenes and situations.

As always it is classy and well performed. Really like the tone also -- it fits very nicely in the mix.

The chord progression was every effective. Everything is hittin' the note!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Cool Wind - 10/03/18 06:55 PM
Scott, this is a wonderful relaxing piece that sounds great! The PRS sound really good! Great job with the backing track on this! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/04/18 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Has an original Fleetwood Mac Albatross vibe to it. NICE!

Thanks rayc for checking out the song. I appreciate your comments.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

Liked that - some very tasteful playing and pretty melody lines.
A very nice instrumental.

Peter

Thanks Peter been chasing sounds for a bit lately. Glad you like the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/05/18 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Well done Scott C! I admired the overall vibe on this. I also found this very easy to listen and I really dug the chord progression. A minor is a great key choice too and quite enjoyed those guitar licks. Keep it up!

Thanks Joe Really appreciate you taking the time to check out the song. Glad you liked it
Posted By: animarorecords Re: A Cool Wind - 10/06/18 03:11 AM
Hello, Scott

Really nice playing!
Repetition of a short melody pattern is very effective.
I think the image of the cold wind is accurately reflected in the melody.
Coldness is coming straight to me.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/08/18 09:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Scott, dunno if you submit to the music libraries or not but this has a very cinematic feel to it. Like it could fit in a variety of scenes and situations.

As always it is classy and well performed. Really like the tone also -- it fits very nicely in the mix.

The chord progression was every effective. Everything is hittin' the note!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud. I have submitted a couple of songs to Soundtradr with no success. Robert and I sent up one of our songs as well. Would be cool to have a song being used somewhere to support a film or show.

Glad you liked the song. I appreciate your comments.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott, this is a wonderful relaxing piece that sounds great! The PRS sound really good! Great job with the backing track on this! Thanks, Torrey [/quote

Thanks Torrey Glad you liked the songs. Your comments are appreciated.

[quote=animarorecords]Hello, Scott

Really nice playing!
Repetition of a short melody pattern is very effective.
I think the image of the cold wind is accurately reflected in the melody.
Coldness is coming straight to me.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Cool Wind - 10/08/18 03:39 PM
Very sweet Scott!! I can hear a lot of things. I think it would be a great film score song...Tarantino movie in a quiet scene before or after a lot of bloodshed. Really well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: A Cool Wind - 10/08/18 06:26 PM

Hi Scott,

I'm back and I'm so glad to hear to your song. Excellent playing and great guitar tone.
You're one of the best guitarist on the site and you create your personale guitar style that
can be recognized at first listening.

Sergio
Posted By: 44kfl Re: A Cool Wind - 10/11/18 06:10 PM
Very nice!

love the tremolo guitar and lead guitar especially

nice progressions

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: beatmaster Re: A Cool Wind - 10/11/18 06:13 PM
Brilliant well played and your arrangement and mix Bang on.

Enjoying as I type.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/13/18 01:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very sweet Scott!! I can hear a lot of things. I think it would be a great film score song...Tarantino movie in a quiet scene before or after a lot of bloodshed. Really well done!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg Glad you liked the song. Your new one is incredible.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hi Scott,

I'm back and I'm so glad to hear to your song. Excellent playing and great guitar tone.
You're one of the best guitarist on the site and you create your personale guitar style that
can be recognized at first listening.

Sergio

Thanks you Sergio. Glad you liked the song. So good to hear from you. Your works are too kind.

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Very nice!

love the tremolo guitar and lead guitar especially

nice progressions

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny [/quote

Thanks Kenny Glad you liked the song. Your new one is awesome.

[quote=beatmaster]Brilliant well played and your arrangement and mix Bang on.

Enjoying as I type.

Thanks for checking out the song. I appreciate it
Posted By: guitar1 Re: A Cool Wind - 10/14/18 02:34 PM
Hi, Scott. I love the feel in this piece. As usual your tone is awesome. I get where you're coming from concerning your creative muse. Every song I put up has gone through multiple styles, and sometimes I change even after I have put them up. Great work!
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Cool Wind - 10/14/18 03:06 PM
Hi Scott,

I have to echo what the other folks said: pensive, pretty, such wonderful tone and backing tracks. i think the baritone guitar really highlighted the backing tracks. The percussions are rather quiet but perfectly so. Really, really nice! Perfect for a music library. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/14/18 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Brilliant well played and your arrangement and mix Bang on.

Enjoying as I type.

Glad you liked the song Thanks for checking it out
Posted By: edshaw Re: A Cool Wind - 10/15/18 10:11 AM
Very nice, Scott. And creative.
I agree with the comments about cinematic feel, and wonder if you have persued that avenue? Video editors learn the importance of rhythm, repetition, variation, surprise, you know, the elements. Not all songs qualify.
Yours do. I neither wish to presume, nor am I an agent or marketer. Still, there are certain standard methods, such as a modest ad in the LA Sunday Times or one of the trade journals. Get back to me on that, would ya? smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Cool Wind - 10/16/18 12:54 PM
Originally Posted By: guitar1
Hi, Scott. I love the feel in this piece. As usual your tone is awesome. I get where you're coming from concerning your creative muse. Every song I put up has gone through multiple styles, and sometimes I change even after I have put them up. Great work!

Thanks Gary. Glad you liked the song. Loved your last piece as well.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Scott,

I have to echo what the other folks said: pensive, pretty, such wonderful tone and backing tracks. i think the baritone guitar really highlighted the backing tracks. The percussions are rather quiet but perfectly so. Really, really nice! Perfect for a music library. Best to you.

Alan

Thanks Alan Glad you checked out the song. I know you have been very busy. Hope all is well with Di..

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Very nice, Scott. And creative.
I agree with the comments about cinematic feel, and wonder if you have persued that avenue? Video editors learn the importance of rhythm, repetition, variation, surprise, you know, the elements. Not all songs qualify.
Yours do. I neither wish to presume, nor am I an agent or marketer. Still, there are certain standard methods, such as a modest ad in the LA Sunday Times or one of the trade journals. Get back to me on that, would ya? smile

Thanks Ed. Really appreciate the vote of confidence. Have never really been very good a promotion but you never know. Would be very exciting to see one of Roberts song get picked up. Thanks for checking the song out it is appreciated..
Posted By: edshaw Re: A Cool Wind - 10/16/18 07:25 PM
I'm not much of a promoter, either, Scott. But,. when you have six or eight unrelated people all making the same comment, that A Cool Wind has a cinematic quality, that has to tell us something.
Posted By: gruverider Re: A Cool Wind - 10/16/18 07:55 PM
Wow, you've really brought out the full potential of this style! Wonderful melody that you've laid down here.

This song sets a mood and then rides that wave all the way through

Much enjoyed!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: A Cool Wind - 10/16/18 09:35 PM
Great tune and playing. Very relaxing. Thanks Scott.

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums