PG Music Home
Posted By: rayc Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 07:09 AM
Just to tie the bow...
SHARING AIR
Here's the last set of posts after the mastering...
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=491002#Post491002
LYRICS
Sharing Air

Not so long ago I had a lover
And it seemed that nothing could go wrong
Not so long ago there was no other
I had someone with whom I belong
Dreams have become nightmares
Go from REM to eyes wired open
Oh so little time we’d known each other
Such a simple love you had to smother

Not so long ago I had a life where
Sharing air was something new
Wasn’t long before that breath was stolen
Suffocating déjà vu

And it seemed that this love could be strong
All too soon we merged with one another
Swept in the torrent too long
Maybe if I stay inside and hide
Or if swallow my pride
Pretend it wasn’t you and
It was I that had lied

Precious moments weren’t so few
Wasn’t long before those times were stolen
Suffocating déjà vu

And it seemed a love to be prolonged
Not so long ago there was no other
We were living lyrics for a song
I know I talk of nothing but it
And I know no one wants to hear about it
Oh so little time we’d known each other
Such a simple love you had to smother

Sharing truth could start anew
Wasn’t long before that truth was stolen
Suffocating déjà vu

Solo

Sharing air was something new
Wasn’t long before that breath was stolen
Suffocating déjà vu

I could recover

Posted By: Tano Music Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 09:16 AM
Ray… I enjoyed listening to your track and I found your video very interesting… Did I miss something? was there a prior post about this recording with BIAB information and the lyrics? I really like to read a long one… Helps me understand the messages better.

Anyway, production is first class and all of the live performers are excellent.. everything was well balanced, And in several spots I found your chord changes kept me listening closely to see what would follow. I’m glad I tuned into listen!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:48 AM
Interesting video, Ray... a lot to keep the eyes engaged while the ears are as well..
Posted By: Scott C Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 11:51 AM
Loved this tune and vocal. Your video would have been a bit hit back in the late 60's. Could have watched it for hours ;-).. Well done..
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 12:23 PM
yep defo interesting Thanks
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 01:00 PM
Definitely has a 60s feel. It would be nice to have the lyrics posted as sometimes I miss what the singer is saying. Being a lyricist, I especially like to spend time on appreciating what the words are saying and the play they do as well as the music. Very COOL!!! sort of a psycodelic song, needs a light show in the video reminds me of ABBA or something. Interesting and a good one.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 03:32 PM
Hi, Ray !:))

What an interesting
and special tune !:))
Full of unexpected turns !
Most enjoyable and creative !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Ray… I enjoyed listening to your track and I found your video very interesting… Did I miss something? was there a prior post about this recording with BIAB information and the lyrics? I really like to read a long one… Helps me understand the messages better.

Anyway, production is first class and all of the live performers are excellent.. everything was well balanced, And in several spots I found your chord changes kept me listening closely to see what would follow. I’m glad I tuned into listen!

Thanks for the very kind assessment.
There was a thread based on the song post mastering. I've included the link in the OP.
I enjoy reading along as well. I've popped the lyrics into the OP as well. The lyrics are almost accurate. Oddly Trudy didn't sing the changes written into the choruses. Since I quite like those changes I've left them in.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Interesting video, Ray... a lot to keep the eyes engaged while the ears are as well..

Thanks fj,
I had prepared a much closer narrative match video but figured being too literal was a little boring.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune and vocal. Your video would have been a bit hit back in the late 60's. Could have watched it for hours ;-).. Well done..

I am a product of my times aren't I?
Thank you very much for the generous assessment.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
yep defo interesting Thanks

Thank you Beatmaster: you're a kind fellow.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Definitely has a 60s feel. It would be nice to have the lyrics posted as sometimes I miss what the singer is saying. Being a lyricist, I especially like to spend time on appreciating what the words are saying and the play they do as well as the music. Very COOL!!! sort of a psycodelic song, needs a light show in the video reminds me of ABBA or something. Interesting and a good one.

Belladonna,
Thanks.
I did dig up an old "lightshow" for part of the vid but it didn't translate as well as I'd hope so it was removed. I used to love seeing gig posters with "lightshow" listed near the bottom. The lyrics are in the OP now.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/12/18 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Ray !:))

What an interesting
and special tune !:))
Full of unexpected turns !
Most enjoyable and creative !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thank you Dani,
I really appreciate your assessment.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 02:20 AM
Ray,

This sounds great to me! I really enjoyed listening and watching. The mix is tight and the overall sound is very engaging! I loved Trudy's vocals and James' guitar work, too {and, of course, Bandhi Nahbok's on drums! wink }.

A fine listen indeed. Kudos to everyone involved.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PeterF Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 03:55 AM
Ray

Well done - engaging complimentary video and a solid composition.
Nice work.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 04:04 AM
Hi Ray,

Very nice! And yeah, has a very retro 1968, or so, vibe. Nothing wrong with that! All the live players are great. The lyric and arrangement are spot on - top shelf. Video was really nice - emjoyed all of it. nice work by all concerned. best to you.

ALan
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 05:37 AM
Dang hippies. :-)

Yeah, I like this a lot. I'm afraid the video wouldn't stream for me tonight for some reason, but followed the other link. I like that chord change...you know the one. I don't know what it was, but it lifted the sad vibe at the same time it made it darker.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Ray,

This sounds great to me! I really enjoyed listening and watching. The mix is tight and the overall sound is very engaging! I loved Trudy's vocals and James' guitar work, too {and, of course, Bandhi Nahbok's on drums! wink }.

A fine listen indeed. Kudos to everyone involved.

All the best,
Noel

Noel,
Thanks.
James did the guitar piece twelve months ago - just after I'd done the basic tracking. I did have a singer lined up way back then but the recording didn't eventuate. Out of the blue Trudy piped in and offered to give it a burl. It was a well recorded vocal track and all I had to do was place it & boom.
Bandhi did well I reckon!
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Ray

Well done - engaging complimentary video and a solid composition.
Nice work.

Peter

Peter,
many thanks.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 10:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Dang hippies. :-)

Yeah, I like this a lot. I'm afraid the video wouldn't stream for me tonight for some reason, but followed the other link. I like that chord change...you know the one. I don't know what it was, but it lifted the sad vibe at the same time it made it darker.

Dagnabbit!
Them hippies is chewing all our straw!
Sorry about the streamer - Utub can be a cold bath sometimes.
The chorus progression was written in 77 or possibly 78.
The verse chords (?) are only a year old.
Truncated 5ths to open minor 7ths are just an expression of my limited chord vocabulary I suppose.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/13/18 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Ray,

Very nice! And yeah, has a very retro 1968, or so, vibe. Nothing wrong with that! All the live players are great. The lyric and arrangement are spot on - top shelf. Video was really nice - emjoyed all of it. nice work by all concerned. best to you.

ALan

Retro is the word. I was eleven in 68 and am radio had the occasional freakish delight.
Thank you, very much, for you generous assessment.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/14/18 02:57 AM
Hello, rayc

Very nice video version of "SHARING AIR ".
Various image effects are very interesting.
Japanese anime characters came out in the last part and I was astonished for a moment.
Enjoyed my listen a lot again and enjoyed the video very much.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/14/18 04:05 PM
Very nice work rayc! Your audio sounds great can’t hear anything that sounds out of place anywhere and the video is an excellent production! Take care, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/15/18 02:45 PM
We like the video..with it you seemed to have reached that elusive (at least for us) state of "nothing left to add and nothing left to take away." Very effective.

And great performances! Nice mix that sounds excellent on the KRK's. We liked the original posting of audio only and feel that the video added to the feel. That doesn't always happen.

Nice....

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/15/18 08:17 PM
Cool song matched with some interesting images. Love the chord changes on this - congrats to all at BangEnd!

Robert
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/16/18 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, rayc

Very nice video version of "SHARING AIR ".
Various image effects are very interesting.
Japanese anime characters came out in the last part and I was astonished for a moment.
Enjoyed my listen a lot again and enjoyed the video very much.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki Adachi,
I'm a huge fan of anime - all the way back to Astro Boy/Mighty Atom,by Osamu Tezuka. I have the 1st TV series on DVD in metal box edition.
Thanks for your kind words.
Posted By: rayc Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/16/18 05:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Very nice work rayc! Your audio sounds great can’t hear anything that sounds out of place anywhere and the video is an excellent production! Take care, Torrey

Torry,
thank you!
I used the .wav file when making the vid so hoped for decent audio quality.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Sharing Air - Pygmy Beat Video - 10/17/18 03:59 PM
Cool track!! Somewhat psychedelic! Love that vibe. Drums sound great, as does production in general. Cool video too! Great job on everything!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums