PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef In my house - 10/18/18 09:13 PM
Here is my attempt to create some old school house music. I am sick and tired of "deep house" because it can sometimes be very depressing to listen to (always made in minor), so I wanted to go back in time and create something that is more in line with the original house music. I hope some of you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/in-my-house

Using:
RT1931: Synth bass
RT1942: Synth rythm
RealDrums: Eurodance (in many variations)
RT1944: Synth Rythm
... and 3 different loops.

Will
Posted By: floyd jane Re: In my house - 10/19/18 10:18 AM
Will,

This sounds really good.

The drums are surprisingly good for the style. The swirling synth is cool. You definitely capture the "old school house" sound.

Excellent mix. Well done.

Add a few female vocal loops and you could have a hit!...

fj
Posted By: Robertkc Re: In my house - 10/19/18 02:37 PM
Will,
Upbeat and pulsing - I like the percussion and spacey synth sounds. Definitely invites dancing!

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: In my house - 10/19/18 08:44 PM
I don't listen to a lot of house music so I'm probably not the best judge but it sounds really good to me....dynamic, exciting, and well mixed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: In my house - 10/19/18 08:47 PM
It is what it says on the box.
A little vocal melody on top as suggested would really ice the cake.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/19/18 10:13 PM
Floyd, Robert, Greg and rayc - thank you very much for listening to my track. I appreciate it!

@Floyd
I actually tried to include some loops with female stuff, but it sounded SO cliched that I removed it again smile

Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: In my house - 10/20/18 01:26 AM
As infectious as ebola. Great syncopated rhythm and a cool vibe.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/20/18 06:28 PM
Hi Tangmo,

I take it as a compliment although I certainly don't hope it is as infectious as ebola... grin

Will
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: In my house - 10/20/18 08:34 PM
This is bumpin'! Very much a throw back to 90s house music. Very cheerful and upbeat. Well done Will!
Posted By: furry Re: In my house - 10/20/18 08:37 PM
Usually Not my scene at all Will, but I enjoyed the listen. Certainly didn't get boring in any way. Nice one
Posted By: Scott C Re: In my house - 10/21/18 10:44 AM
Sounds great. Excellent rhythm to the song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: In my house - 10/21/18 03:19 PM
Will, this sounds excellent to me! There is some wonderful syncopation going on in this track with the high hat and it really makes this one pop! It sounds like you really have a good handle on your genre! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: bluage Re: In my house - 10/21/18 08:42 PM
Dear Mr. Josef...

Man, this is solid, compulsively danceable "house" music! I was jammin' in my seat as I listened to it, once, twice, three, and now, four times. It's an energetic, uplifting track that rocks the soul and blows the clouds from the sky so the sun can shine down. It inspired me to sing along with some jazzistic scatting, too.

You definitely achieved your goal of turning the often-times downbeat feel of minor-keyed house music into a "major" celebration of upbeat musical sound.

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: Noel96 Re: In my house - 10/22/18 07:13 AM
Will,

You've certainly captured the feel you set out to achieve. This sounds pretty good to me. I'm not that experienced in house music (old or new) but the pulsing rhythm definitely makes the feet feel like they want to get up and get moving!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: In my house - 10/22/18 10:33 AM
Really nice work Will smile Definitely has that 90's house music vibe. Certainly unique for the showcase, and a fine example of how versatile Band-in-a-Box really can be. Love the groove, and those swirling synths added a ton of nice texture.

Great job and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/22/18 06:57 PM
Me blushing here! So many nice comments!

You are an amazing group of people. Even if some of you don't normally listen to this kind of music, you still give it a chance and you are always giving valuable and encouraging feedback.

I am really happy to have found PGMusic, BiaB and this wonderful community of positive people.

Thanks again for listening!
Will
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: In my house - 10/22/18 07:37 PM
Well done with this track. So interesting to hear BIAB used in a more commercial/pop setting. Just need to add some vocals I think. Great work
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/29/18 09:31 PM
Thank you very much for listening, funkycornwall. Yes, the track would probably be better with some vocals. I understand that now after reading all the comments (which I appreciate a lot).

Thanks again,
Will
Posted By: cubanpete Re: In my house - 10/29/18 09:42 PM
Hey Will, I left this kind of music behind way along time ago but I have to say that the foot tapping is still there. Well done. I brought images of a fashion show runway in progress.

Mike B
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/29/18 09:51 PM
Hi Mike B.

Reading your post immediately got me thinking of "Fashion channel" which I watched a lot when I was working in Vietnam and Thailand. It also made me realize that I have to up my game smirk

Thanks for listening,
Will
Posted By: Tano Music Re: In my house - 10/30/18 01:44 AM
Will, coming from someone who isn’t in this kind of groove, I really liked listening to this! I listened analytically, trying to hear how you build it with the BIAB components you mentioned.i especiallly liked the rhythm synth that kept the chordal pattern going throughout. Expert composition. Great work!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: In my house - 10/30/18 10:03 PM
Hi Tano Music,

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments! I really appreciate that you took time to listen to the track even if it is not your kind of music.

Kind regards,
Will
© PG Music Forums