PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Nightlife In New York City - 10/19/18 10:04 PM
I have realized - based on the comments to tracks that I have previously uploaded - that I need to include more vocals. So I did that on this track!

Many of you will probably not like this style of music - and it is not what I usually do - but if you choose to spend a few minutes of your precious time to listen to this I would like to know if you find it to be a coherent piece of music.. or if I am way off...

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/nightlife-in-new-york-city

I used:
RT1418: Bass
RT2526: Piano
RT2335: String Quartet
RealDrums: RockSwing16^09-a,b
Loop: HipHop old school bouncy_hop_90
..and an audio track with vocals.

Will
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 08:38 AM
Will,

This is really well done. Really showing a "different side" of BIAB! A cool mix of instruments - with the loop "changing things up"...

Well mixed.

Is the vocal track you?

fj
Posted By: RnAM Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 04:56 PM
Hi Will,

I for one find this a welcome change in style. Anything remotely hiphop related is not heard on this forum very often.
About the song structure itself:
it might be nice to add a vocal bridge/chorus instead of an instrumental break.

Apart from all that, good work!

Rob
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 06:21 PM
Thank you, Floyd.

No, the vocal is not me. I bought it on Splice.

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 06:24 PM
Thank you, Rob... and you are probably right. I will have that in mind next time I experiment with this style of music.

Will
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 08:32 PM
Great job Will! Really enjoyed the basslines on this. The Hip Hop beat goes well with the piano and strings too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/20/18 08:43 PM
Absolutely a coherent piece of music. Down-tempo and fitting for the vocal. I'm not crazy about the "outro", but the rest of it holds up. Considering upping the bass in the mix next time you venture into this territory.

No expert, but I like it.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/21/18 06:30 AM
Not a genre I know much about, but sounded well arranged and well mixed. Not mad about the use of the "F" word, but I guess that's common for this genre.

Overall I think you did a great job pulling this off. I'm amazed that BIAB could do this to be honest, so well done!
Posted By: rayc Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/21/18 07:30 AM
It's a good, good bed and a solid mix.
The only let down for is the rap - it's pretty disappointing in terms of theme and delivery.
Your work is really good though.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/21/18 10:52 AM
Cool tune. Neat backtrack.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Nightlife In New York City - 10/21/18 12:14 PM
I really liked the first minute or so, I thought it was excellent for the backdrop groove. I had to stop when the rap started..just not for me.
But I applaud the effort to expand the pallette to experiment with lots of types of styles!
© PG Music Forums