PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Havana Son - 10/24/18 01:01 PM
Hello there! here's a tune for the Latin dance lovers. A salsa-bossa combination. Enjoy! Havana Son

Style is _L_MAMBO.STY (Latin Mambo)

RealTracks in style: 915:Bass, Acoustic, Mambo Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 919:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Mambo Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 2109:Tres, Rhythm Guaracha Ev 165
Loop in Song: Drums\SalsaGuajira^1-BongoFills,Bells
RealTracks in song: 1446:Fiddle, Soloist GypsyJazzLatin Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 2180:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BossaPat Ev 140
RealDrums in Song: BossaLewis^06-a:SideStick HiHat , b:SideStick Ride

Some substitutions to the original style and post-production editing

Mike B.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 05:39 PM
Fun! Well mixed, up tempo goodness.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 06:24 PM
Oh yeah...what a sweet style mashup.

We liked everything about it and for us it's hard to go wrong by throwing in gypsy jazz fiddle.

Classy and cool!

J&B
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 08:34 PM
Thanks David and J&B for listening. Glad you liked it.

Mike B.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 09:31 PM
Thanks for posting this, Cubanpete! - great work on the drums and the fiddle section. Really brings in all the elements. Well done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 10:07 PM
When I saw the title to the song I knew it was going to be a cool tune. Really enjoyed this Mike. Well done..
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Havana Son - 10/24/18 10:14 PM
Oh yeah. Sweet syncho-perc in the stereo, a great progression and some very good instrumental turns. I liked this a lot.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 04:55 AM
Yeah, I love this type of groove! Sounding good, Mike!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 10:27 AM
Whew! This is what happens when you put BIAB in the hands of a pro! Great way to combo 2 movin’ Latin styles, excellent selection and arranging of the RT and RD and Loop components. Totally enjoyable listen, expertly done. Thanks Mike for adding some Latin love to my morning coffee!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 11:29 AM
Really nice work on this, Mike smile The styles you fit together actually work perfectly. I love how upbeat and happy of a groove it has. I can imagine it working with a dancefloor flawlessly.

Great job and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 01:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm glad that this tune was able to put a smile in your faces and maybe a tap on your feet!
Thanks to all.

Mike B.
Posted By: bluage Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 02:10 PM
"Cuban Pete"...

I think that you served-up to your listeners the equivalent of a tasty musical "gumbo" by throwing that Latin gypsy jazz violin solo on top of all that percolatin' bass and percussion! It was a really hot, and inspired thing to do, sir. It's as though Stephane Grappelli stumbled into a recording studio where the Buena Vista Social Club were jammin'! And with that electric guitar solo stepping out on it's own, I think you could give your song a subtitle, like, "Son of Bossa Nova" cool

I love mixing musical genres, and I think "Havana Son" is an exciting, flavorful, and original blend. I'm gonna come back here and listen to it again, but first I'm gonna move some furniture around so I can bust a few moves to the music!

Double dee-lighted,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage)
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 03:04 PM
love that sound!

this is so nice

great mix,

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 03:49 PM
What a fun song! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Much appreciated!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Havana Son - 10/25/18 06:34 PM
Thanks Loren for your emotive words as usual, also my thanks to Kenny and Ember.

Mike B.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Havana Son - 10/26/18 05:59 AM
Hi Mike,

What a fabulous composition! Loved that perc intro - a terrific intro for as wonderful piece of music. I always enjoy your compositions very much and this is one of my very favorites from you. A tip of the hat to you for excellence in music comp. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Havana Son - 10/27/18 05:42 PM
Thanks Alan for your kind words. Best to you too.

Mike B.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Havana Son - 10/30/18 10:07 PM
Really, really good!! The fiddle sounds more like a melody than a solo which is just what the tune needs. The mix and composition are fantastic!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Havana Son - 10/30/18 11:47 PM
Thanks Gregg, always good to hear from you. Always welcome your comments.

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums