PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 04:19 PM
The 90's Nashville sound was a big part of my life and a big part of my music.
It was a real "golden age" of Country music.
The writers were down-to-earth people.
The artists were immediately identifiable - by their voice and their sound.
The songs were solid. Well written (for the most part) and catchy, memorable (for the most part).

So dipping back into that time, that sound....

Get that BAND together...

RealTracks in style: ~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2030:Fiddle, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 410:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Country Cowboy Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 2499:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm PopCountryBrent Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1707:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 165
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^8-a:Snare, HiHat Open , b:Snare, Ride

And find a reason to write one.

A GOOD ENOUGH REASON

everybody's wondering what's been going on
under this old cowboy's hat
i ain't keeping late hours, i'm out buying flowers
what could make a man act like that
have i gotten religion or too much sun
was i kicked in the head by a bull
there's even been talk i've gone plum crazy
and the deck i'm using ain't quite full (but)

love...is a good enough reason
you can theorize, philosophize
you can wonder 'til the cows come home
but a change of heart is enough to explain
the changes that you see
love is a good enough reason
a good enough reason for me

something's got my heart doing big backflips
i'm in a perpetual daze
something's got me waking up every single morning
with a smile upon my face
yeah, the old boy's changed, you can try to blame
the tides in the deep blue sea
but it seems that love has taken hold
and that's a good enough reason for me

Hope you enjoy it.
Comments welcome.
Have at it.

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 04:58 PM
This is a good one. Enjoyed it a lot. Little bit of Eddie Rabbitt feel to it.
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 05:12 PM
Hi Floyd,

This took me back to a time when I would smile almost every time I heard a country song cranking up. I could often identify the artist by the intro - if not, by the first 2 or 3 words. Each had an identifiable sound. I used to watch CMT a lot and The Nashville Network when it was still on the air. Damn shame it sold and went in a different direction.

Your message is clear - the vocal shines! All the tracks are spot-on. You have a way of delivering a song that lead the way for those of us far below your skill level.

Loved the hand-clapping over the last quarter, or so, of the song - it is a nice way to pick up the drive as a song meanders its way to the end.

This is good, solid country music without artificial polish. It speaks quite well for itself as is. Very nice, indeed. It was quite a treat for my ears. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 06:53 PM
Yes Floyd, you certainly brought back to life that era of Country music you spoke of in your post. I agree with Charlie about the Eddie Rabbitt comparison with maybe a little Gene Watson. It's kinda got that "Drivin' My Life Away" feel to it! A catchy memorable tune with all the excellent qualities you always bring to us in your work. Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: rayc Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 07:21 PM
The writer is down-to-earth.
The artist is immediately identifiable - by his voice.
The song is solid. Well written and catchy, memorable.
FJ,
you fit the remit.
A terrific song and enough hook to catch fish.
Posted By: rsdean Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 07:27 PM
Floyd,

This song would fit very nicely into that era. In fact, I can hear Rodney Crowell doing this one...

The hand claps are a great touch - love the vocal and the production is perfect.

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 07:56 PM
hi wonderful song driving beat great lyrics great vocal what else can I say great job thanks eric
Posted By: edshaw Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/28/18 10:16 PM
Was that an alarm clock in the background three seconds before the end?
Posted By: critter Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 02:01 AM
Another great one, got me moving in my chair, lol.
Posted By: PeterF Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 06:16 AM
floyd

A great sound - strong writing (nice hand claps)some stellar harmonies and super catchy.

Superb stuff.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 07:40 AM
Sounds great, Floyd!

Lots of great lines, my favorite:

"have i gotten religion or too much sun
and the deck i'm using ain't quite full"

And the chorus is memorable too, something that stays with you after the song has finished playing.

I always enjoy your vocals and killer job on the production as per usual.

Man, just one great song after another!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 09:50 AM
Yep.... the 80's and 90's were a good time for country music. I'd even go as far as to include the 70's. It was easy to hear the intro licks and immediately know the singer/band of the song to follow.

Now days I find myself in the shop working on something with the radio on and wondering to myself didn't I just hear this song 10 minutes ago? Seems everyone is using the same sound.... or maybe it's just me.... out of touch and over the hill.

Your song is up to your usual high standards of writing, recording, production and vocals. Nothing to really nit pick on this song.....loved the production on this. You're getting it down to a fine art. Nothing wrong with that.

totally enjoyed this song.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 10:17 AM
Really nice work, Floyd smile Sometime above mentioned Eddie Rabbitt - and that is exactly who this made me think of as well. I love the upbeat vibe on this one. It had my toe tapping in moments, and I really thought your vocal performance on this was strong and memorable. Not to mention - boy is that hook ever catchy!

Great job, and thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Belladonna Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 10:17 AM
Definitely a toe tapper. Good old style country music, we miss it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is a good one. Enjoyed it a lot. Little bit of Eddie Rabbitt feel to it.

Thanks for the listen, Charlie. I sort of had an "Alan Jackson sound" in mind, but, of course, I don't really have an Alan-Jackson-kinda voice, so I guess it comes out more like an Eddie Rabbitt thing...
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 03:34 PM
Great driving rhythm to this and a catchy chorus. Great lyrics and I like the violin touches. Yes good to hear some old school country and this one would get folk dancing I reckon.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 04:25 PM
The band sounds right with a nice driving groove

kicked up by the hand claps

another solid write delivered by excellent vocals, lead and harmonies

a perfect radio song, catchy and gone before you know it

leaving you singing the hooks

It's always a great experience listening, a treat for us all here

Kenny
Posted By: cliftond Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 04:31 PM
Yeah Floyd the 90's country was just awesome, as good as soft rock of the early to mid 70's. THis song is brings me back to that time, the syle is dead on, lyricks would be easy to hear with any number of artists at the time. It aint the same now. CLiff
Posted By: Sundance Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/29/18 04:54 PM
This one makes me wanna do some line dancing. Great job on everything FJ. Fun lighthearted descriptive writing, melodic spotlight right on the hook, arranged well, like those cool double claps, well sung lead and harmonies.

(Plus sounds great through my new speakers grin) Happy fan here.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 02:19 AM
You're singing my life here...except for the cowboy hat part. :-)

I love the way I can find a place in your lyric that makes me want to sing along. And singing-along is easy with this hooky melody and rhythm. By the time the chorus came back around, it had me hooked.

Masterful song-writing, and sounds good too.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 02:28 AM
Well, that was fun! Loved everything about it! Moved along at such a great pace, used some high fallutin’ terms in the lyric (++ on that), vocal, production were solid, liked the little handclaps as you wound it up, really liked the extended “LUUUUV” to kickstart the chorus..lots to like in this one! Thanks for the ride!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 11:24 AM
We could listen over and over to an album of you singing songs from this era.

It's hard to accept that the wonderful songs coming out of Nashville during this time are considered "old school" -- which begs the question of what do the pundits consider the different country styles from the late 40's to the 80's. We've listened extensively to all of it (Bud lived through most of it smile ) but this song represents a spectacular period of that spectrum that you well described in this post. And your involvement in this N'ville period certainly gives you a special perspective.

The song has been posted but two days and already folks have offered all the superlatives and great insight. Dittos to all that's been said and we'd like to add that the mix/mastering simply sparkles. We've listened on several sound systems and the arrangement and mix capture that period equally as well as the great write and vocals. It would be impossible to imagine anything could be added or removed.

Keepin' it alive mr jane!

J&B
Posted By: Crossroads Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 11:43 AM
Hi Floyd,

living pretty far a way from the Wild West, I' no country music expert. But this song has got everything to make me tap my toes.Very catchy chorus. And the title tells it like it is! I LIKE IT A LOT !
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd,

This took me back to a time when I would smile almost every time I heard a country song cranking up. I could often identify the artist by the intro - if not, by the first 2 or 3 words. Each had an identifiable sound. I used to watch CMT a lot and The Nashville Network when it was still on the air. Damn shame it sold and went in a different direction.

Your message is clear - the vocal shines! All the tracks are spot-on. You have a way of delivering a song that lead the way for those of us far below your skill level.

Loved the hand-clapping over the last quarter, or so, of the song - it is a nice way to pick up the drive as a song meanders its way to the end.

This is good, solid country music without artificial polish. It speaks quite well for itself as is. Very nice, indeed. It was quite a treat for my ears. Best to you.

Alan

Alan - I know this type music was (is) near-and-dear to your heart like it is to mine. There was a time I had The Nashville Network on for a good part of the day. "Crook and Chase" was a must almost every day...

Thanks for the delightful review...
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 08:45 PM
Definitely a cool tune to dance too. Love this tune Floyd. A feel good tune for sure. Super vocal and backtrack. Just loved the tone on the guitar. Well done
Posted By: gruverider Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/30/18 09:33 PM
Such a tight write. Every word in a perfect place. The mix is outstanding. And your lead and harmony vocals are spot on.

You put the Kick back in Kick-[*****] Country!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: A Good Enough Reason - 10/31/18 12:56 AM
Floyd,

Very cool country—could see a bevy of artists lining up to sing this one. Catchy melody with your usual great production. Yeah, like those clapping hands—nice effect. Fun listen!

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/02/18 09:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Yes Floyd, you certainly brought back to life that era of Country music you spoke of in your post. I agree with Charlie about the Eddie Rabbitt comparison with maybe a little Gene Watson. It's kinda got that "Drivin' My Life Away" feel to it! A catchy memorable tune with all the excellent qualities you always bring to us in your work. Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey... "catchy" is generally the biggest factor in these type songs...
Posted By: David Snyder Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/02/18 02:12 PM

Floyd,

This is golden indeed.

Really classic songwriting reflecting a golden era--but still "modern Floyd."

smile

Loved every second of it as always.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/03/18 10:06 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
The writer is down-to-earth.
The artist is immediately identifiable - by his voice.
The song is solid. Well written and catchy, memorable.
FJ,
you fit the remit.
A terrific song and enough hook to catch fish.

Thanks, ray!! I really enjoyed that review!!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

This song would fit very nicely into that era. In fact, I can hear Rodney Crowell doing this one...

The hand claps are a great touch - love the vocal and the production is perfect.

Excellent!

Bob

Appreciate that, Bob...
Posted By: edshaw Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/03/18 10:54 AM
You are running with the big boys, Floyd, and have been for some time. This one is especially good.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/03/18 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi wonderful song driving beat great lyrics great vocal what else can I say great job thanks eric

Thanks, Eric...

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Was that an alarm clock in the background three seconds before the end?

No. The fiddle maybe?
Posted By: RnAM Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/03/18 07:58 PM
Hi Floyd,

"The artists were immediately identifiable" and so are you.
This is a real Floyd song!
" Well written and catchy", as most of your songs are!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/04/18 12:16 PM
Originally Posted By: critter
Another great one, got me moving in my chair, lol.

Always nice to have you stop by, Steve...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

A great sound - strong writing (nice hand claps)some stellar harmonies and super catchy.

Superb stuff.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!
Posted By: dcuny Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/04/18 12:55 PM
Starts with a strong groove, and keeps it throughout. Catchy licks, strong chorus, excellent lyrics. Clear mix, zips along with soloists stepping in and out so there's plenty of variety. It's like one of those carnival rides that zips you through the funhouse and around one bend and the next. smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/04/18 02:04 PM
AWESOME!!!! This is a clinic in songwriting!! Sweet, sentimental (but not overly), humorous, and clever without feeling that it's trying to hard. The message of the song, and the quality of writing brings to mind Bonnie Raitt's Something to talk about (that was actually an outside write by an unknown) and Rickie Lee's Chuckie's in Love. Everything (song, mix, production) is totally nailed here!!! Wonderful Floyd!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: animarorecords Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/05/18 04:14 AM
floyd,

Country music is not introduced frequently in Japan, so regrettably I do not know what the 90's Nashville sound is.
But I do understand this is your typical.
Uplifting, catchy, easy to remember and very pop.
I think your songs of this genre are very comfortable as well as your rock songs.
Your vocal is superb as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: bluage Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/05/18 07:17 AM
Mr. Jane...

You produce songs so regularly on the forum that I think you must sit down and force yourself to write songs everyday, that you don't wait for "the muse" to walk in through your door. Am I right?

"A Good Enough Reason" is fun to listen to because your lyrics are so upbeat, as is your music. The RealTracks instruments "take it away" in a such merry, joyful way that they lift your vocal up with them. In every song about love that I've heard you sing, it's as though you have so much of it in your own, full heart that you just have to give it away in your songs. The addition of the hand-claps was downright inspired, and made the whole production sound like it was performed at a big and lively party.

I lift my glass to a songwriter who obviously pleases his audience because he pleases himself with his hard work.

Sincere as a heart attack,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/05/18 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds great, Floyd!

Lots of great lines, my favorite:

"have i gotten religion or too much sun
and the deck i'm using ain't quite full"

And the chorus is memorable too, something that stays with you after the song has finished playing.

I always enjoy your vocals and killer job on the production as per usual.

Man, just one great song after another!

Thanks for the wonderful review, Dave... really appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yep.... the 80's and 90's were a good time for country music. I'd even go as far as to include the 70's. It was easy to hear the intro licks and immediately know the singer/band of the song to follow.

Now days I find myself in the shop working on something with the radio on and wondering to myself didn't I just hear this song 10 minutes ago? Seems everyone is using the same sound.... or maybe it's just me.... out of touch and over the hill.

Your song is up to your usual high standards of writing, recording, production and vocals. Nothing to really nit pick on this song.....loved the production on this. You're getting it down to a fine art. Nothing wrong with that.

totally enjoyed this song.

Thanks, Herb... glad you enjoyed this...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/06/18 11:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really nice work, Floyd smile Sometime above mentioned Eddie Rabbitt - and that is exactly who this made me think of as well. I love the upbeat vibe on this one. It had my toe tapping in moments, and I really thought your vocal performance on this was strong and memorable. Not to mention - boy is that hook ever catchy!

Great job, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk - Thanks for stopping by for a listen and a comment... "catchy" is "what it's all about" in this kind of song...

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Definitely a toe tapper. Good old style country music, we miss it.

Thanks for the listen, Donna...

Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
Great driving rhythm to this and a catchy chorus. Great lyrics and I like the violin touches. Yes good to hear some old school country and this one would get folk dancing I reckon.

Good to have you drop in, Tony... Thanks.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/06/18 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
The band sounds right with a nice driving groove

kicked up by the hand claps

another solid write delivered by excellent vocals, lead and harmonies

a perfect radio song, catchy and gone before you know it

leaving you singing the hooks

It's always a great experience listening, a treat for us all here

Kenny

Kenny - thanks for that review. always nice to have my favorite writers find positives in my work... smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/08/18 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Yeah Floyd the 90's country was just awesome, as good as soft rock of the early to mid 70's. THis song is brings me back to that time, the syle is dead on, lyricks would be easy to hear with any number of artists at the time. It aint the same now. CLiff

Thanks cliff
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/09/18 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
This one makes me wanna do some line dancing. Great job on everything FJ. Fun lighthearted descriptive writing, melodic spotlight right on the hook, arranged well, like those cool double claps, well sung lead and harmonies.

(Plus sounds great through my new speakers grin) Happy fan here.

Josie - always nice to have you drop by···Thanks for the nice comments
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/10/18 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
You're singing my life here...except for the cowboy hat part. :-)

I love the way I can find a place in your lyric that makes me want to sing along. And singing-along is easy with this hooky melody and rhythm. By the time the chorus came back around, it had me hooked.

Masterful song-writing, and sounds good too.

thanks Tangmo nothing better than having someone singing along
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/10/18 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Well, that was fun! Loved everything about it! Moved along at such a great pace, used some high fallutin’ terms in the lyric (++ on that), vocal, production were solid, liked the little handclaps as you wound it up, really liked the extended “LUUUUV” to kickstart the chorus..lots to like in this one! Thanks for the ride!

Thanks TM
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/10/18 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We could listen over and over to an album of you singing songs from this era.

It's hard to accept that the wonderful songs coming out of Nashville during this time are considered "old school" -- which begs the question of what do the pundits consider the different country styles from the late 40's to the 80's. We've listened extensively to all of it (Bud lived through most of it smile ) but this song represents a spectacular period of that spectrum that you well described in this post. And your involvement in this N'ville period certainly gives you a special perspective.

The song has been posted but two days and already folks have offered all the superlatives and great insight. Dittos to all that's been said and we'd like to add that the mix/mastering simply sparkles. We've listened on several sound systems and the arrangement and mix capture that period equally as well as the great write and vocals. It would be impossible to imagine anything could be added or removed.

Keepin' it alive mr jane!

J&B

It was an amazing era. Thanks for the fine review...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd,

living pretty far a way from the Wild West, I' no country music expert. But this song has got everything to make me tap my toes.Very catchy chorus. And the title tells it like it is! I LIKE IT A LOT !

Stephan - thanks for dropping in for a listen! Appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Definitely a cool tune to dance too. Love this tune Floyd. A feel good tune for sure. Super vocal and backtrack. Just loved the tone on the guitar. Well done

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Such a tight write. Every word in a perfect place. The mix is outstanding. And your lead and harmony vocals are spot on.

You put the Kick back in Kick-[*****] Country!

smile Thanks, Lawrence!!
Posted By: tommyad Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 03:17 PM
As you know I spent that decade on the bandstand playing exactly this style of Country. AJ comes to mind. The fiddle and Brent add the perfect licks. Your vocal delivery and phrasing works well with this driving sound. The write is a master class in prosody. The drawn out “Love....” in the chorus opening is a perfect example of making the chorus stand up and take off. Another in a long line of well thought out writes and productions. Nothing I would change, Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Very cool country—could see a bevy of artists lining up to sing this one. Catchy melody with your usual great production. Yeah, like those clapping hands—nice effect. Fun listen!

All the best,

Deej

Thanks, Deej.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Floyd,

This is golden indeed.

Really classic songwriting reflecting a golden era--but still "modern Floyd."

smile

Loved every second of it as always.

I appreciate that, Mr Snyder...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 05:35 PM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
You are running with the big boys, Floyd, and have been for some time. This one is especially good.

Nice of you to say, Ed.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Floyd,

"The artists were immediately identifiable" and so are you.
This is a real Floyd song!
" Well written and catchy", as most of your songs are!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all!!!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Starts with a strong groove, and keeps it throughout. Catchy licks, strong chorus, excellent lyrics. Clear mix, zips along with soloists stepping in and out so there's plenty of variety. It's like one of those carnival rides that zips you through the funhouse and around one bend and the next. smile

I always enjoy your reviews, David. Thanks!!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
AWESOME!!!! This is a clinic in songwriting!! Sweet, sentimental (but not overly), humorous, and clever without feeling that it's trying to hard. The message of the song, and the quality of writing brings to mind Bonnie Raitt's Something to talk about (that was actually an outside write by an unknown) and Rickie Lee's Chuckie's in Love. Everything (song, mix, production) is totally nailed here!!! Wonderful Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - this is definitely one of my favorite reviews ever! Not sure that this song can get even close to those two comparisons, but I certainly appreciate the thought!!! You made me go listen to Ricki Lee Jones - haven't thought of that song in SO very long... so thanks for that, too...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Country music is not introduced frequently in Japan, so regrettably I do not know what the 90's Nashville sound is.
But I do understand this is your typical.
Uplifting, catchy, easy to remember and very pop.
I think your songs of this genre are very comfortable as well as your rock songs.
Your vocal is superb as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - thanks for that very nice review!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Jane...

You produce songs so regularly on the forum that I think you must sit down and force yourself to write songs everyday, that you don't wait for "the muse" to walk in through your door. Am I right?

"A Good Enough Reason" is fun to listen to because your lyrics are so upbeat, as is your music. The RealTracks instruments "take it away" in a such merry, joyful way that they lift your vocal up with them. In every song about love that I've heard you sing, it's as though you have so much of it in your own, full heart that you just have to give it away in your songs. The addition of the hand-claps was downright inspired, and made the whole production sound like it was performed at a big and lively party.

I lift my glass to a songwriter who obviously pleases his audience because he pleases himself with his hard work.

Sincere as a heart attack,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

LOREN - Pleased to have you drop in for a listen. I do, in fact, often "sit down to write something". And there was a time in my life that I DID sit down almost every day to write - sometimes by myself, but just as often meeting up with other writers for scheduled "writing appointments". We all carried notebooks with snippets and lines and half finished songs, titles, etc. You run through a bunch of them until you get a "that's sounds like something we could write!" and go at it... It was a great time for me...
Thanks for the nice visit...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/12/18 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
As you know I spent that decade on the bandstand playing exactly this style of Country. AJ comes to mind. The fiddle and Brent add the perfect licks. Your vocal delivery and phrasing works well with this driving sound. The write is a master class in prosody. The drawn out “Love....” in the chorus opening is a perfect example of making the chorus stand up and take off. Another in a long line of well thought out writes and productions. Nothing I would change, Tom

Tom - SO glad to see you back around!! This was intended to "capture" that AJ thing, so thanks for finding it in there somewhere... It was a heck of a time for Country music!!

Looking forward to checking out your new one...
Posted By: Jim Re: A Good Enough Reason - 11/18/18 07:09 PM
You've written a another very nice dance-able tune... I really enjoyed listening!
© PG Music Forums