PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Remember Home - 11/01/18 09:19 PM
I grew up on the countryside, but I now live in the "big city". Today I felt a kind of homesick and I made this tune:

[Link no longer valid]

I used:
RT1036: Bass
RT1542: Piano
RT1037: Guitar
RT1668: Pedal Steel
RT2028: Fiddle
RealDrums: RockNorthernBallad

Critique/comments are - as always - welcome.

Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 12:35 AM
Nice one, Will. The instruments sound sweet together, especially when the pedal steel--and then the fiddle--played harmonies. I think it captures that wistful feel well. The progression was a bit hard to follow for me, but the mood was set.
Posted By: rayc Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 07:15 AM
Nice one Will,
The levels are pretty good.
The drums may be a little rock loud for the nostalgia feel but they sound contemporary and strong - the bass pretty much matches the kick drum for level so that's a solid rhythm section.
Did you export this to Real Band or a DAW to mix?
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 09:28 AM
Will,

Well put together. It does have a "homesick feel" to it... a "longing" sound.

Nicely mixed - everything in a nice space - nice "clean" sound to the acoustic guitar...

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 09:50 AM
It definitely as a melancholy feel.

Nice choice of RT's and the mix sounds in the pocket.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 08:17 PM
Very nice excellent. Loved the instrument choices. Well done
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Remember Home - 11/02/18 08:55 PM
Thank you all for you kind comments.

Actually, today I'm not so satisfied with the track. I was in a special mood yesterday which doesn't really correspond to how I usually feel. Yesterday I thought it was a good track, but today I feel differently about it. I guess the learning from this is that I have to sleep before posting songs. smile

@rayc
I 100% agree with you about the drums... they are a bit too loud - I can hear that now.

I mixed it in Biab - I still don't have a good relationship with RealBand. :-)

Thanks again for listening! I hope I can up the performance with my next song!
Will
Posted By: jannesan Re: Remember Home - 11/03/18 09:30 AM
Very nice and interesting chord progression. I like also the melancholy mood reflecting the yearning of countryside.

Janne
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Remember Home - 11/04/18 09:52 AM
Will..snapshot of a moment in time...tapping into that longing feeling sure comes through. I think drums could be a bit more subdued. Nicely mixed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Remember Home - 11/04/18 01:38 PM
Nice tune!! You've gone fromt House to Home. Instruments really fit nicely together. Well mixed and produced! Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums