PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM Love comes down on me - 11/03/18 08:27 PM

We must've posted well over 100 songs on this forum and 99% of them were recorded with BIAB.
Here's an older recording of a couple years before I discovered BIAB.

It's me on my Squier Strat and Fender acoustic. I did the solo on a custom-made guitar Anne-Marie had lying around at home.
The video, which was professionally created by Anne-Marie can be considered a precursor of the current Video Real Tracks laugh

Hope y'all like it.

Rob
Posted By: rayc Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 01:31 AM
Real sounds - really cool.
The drum machine has its limitations BUT it also enhances the rest by being simple.
COOL.
Posted By: bluage Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 05:15 AM
Dear "RnAM"...

A woman once wrote down on a piece of paper for me the word "intimacy". And then, she re-wrote it thusly: "In-to-me, see". In other words, true intimacy (non-sexual, that is) between lovers is a measure of the degree to which each of them will commit to learn all that they can discover about the other. I believe that can only be done by getting rid of as much of one's ego as is humanly possible, which for most of us I would think is a fantastically challenging thing to attempt. The subject of your song seems to have failed that test in the past, and apparently admits to it:

"There she was
She caught up with my yesterdays..."

But then, paraphrasing your lyrics, he rises above, doesn't let anything get in his way, doesn't hold back, and sees just who she is. And when her "love comes down on" him, well, its just a miraculous, transformative thing to behold. The sound of your mutliple guitars is grand and affirmative, like a benediction shining down on him. That's what it sounded like to me, at least.

Entranced,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

P.S. I think the split-screen design of the video is very effective in showing you off as an accomplished one-man band smile !!!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 07:14 AM
Rob & Ann-Marie

Thoroughly professional in all aspects (not unexpected) - superb video and a very enjoyable compositions with that trademark magic vocal.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 08:27 AM
Excellent!

Vocal is superb as usual, great tone! Nice to see you playing as well, I liked the melodic solo.

Good song, enjoyed the listen and the video smile
Posted By: rsdean Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 08:41 AM
Rob,

I love the song and video... Very cool mood the video sets - excellent vocal and guitars.

Bob
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 09:33 AM
Rob..enjoyed this track..so professionally done, and, as a non-performer, it’s aleays interesting to me to “see” the musicians...thanks for posting!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 12:14 PM
Very cool.

Nice song. Love the "bigness" of the vocal - nice processing. Fits the song well.

Well played. Very nice solo. Good mix.

Terrific listen. Cool video, too. Well done all around.

fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 12:59 PM
Like everything you've posted, it's a great listen. The beginning has a Pink Floyd sort of vibe.

Nicely played (and sung!).
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Love comes down on me - 11/04/18 01:17 PM
Very COOL song! Loved the simplicity of it and very emotional delivery.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Love comes down on me - 11/05/18 01:14 AM
Thanks Ray, yes the drum machine was a bit simplistic here but did give it a tight beat. For me to place the guitars on.

Rob
Posted By: Scott C Re: Love comes down on me - 11/05/18 08:45 AM
Loved this tune. What a cool vocal. This is my favorite style of music. Mix was perfect. |Your guitar was so good. Excellent playing. Loved the solo. I have a new favorite ofd yours
Posted By: Al-David Re: Love comes down on me - 11/05/18 10:53 AM
Hi Rob & Anne-Marie,

I really enjoyed this! It somewhat reminded me of Chris Isaak. The vocal processing is so good. I really like this - a terrific song with equally terrific presentation. Very, very nice!

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Love comes down on me - 11/05/18 12:12 PM
Really nice work on this smile I actually liked what the drum machine added here. It gave it a lot of drive, and helped it flow nicely. Love the tones in the guitar as well.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Love comes down on me - 11/05/18 01:59 PM
Awesome song

some very nice chord voicings on guitar

good write, good melody

excellent vocals

Kenny
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Love comes down on me - 11/06/18 11:17 PM

Man,

I really love this!! What guitar effects are you using for the solo? (Love that guitar by the way.)

You know what this reminds me of? The Psychedelic Furs. You even sound a little like Richard Butler on this, or would have if you had smoked two packs before the session.

I have an idea for your next tune as well.

Isn't she...
Pretty in pink....

Just a thought man.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Love comes down on me - 11/07/18 12:00 AM
Rob,
A very cool flashback that shows guitar chops I didn`t realise you have and a moodier side to your songwriting which I really like.
Excellent vocal and video as always!

Robert
Posted By: RnAM Re: Love comes down on me - 11/07/18 04:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments, really appreciated!

LOREN, your analysis of the lyric was spot on. Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review!

Rob
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Love comes down on me - 11/13/18 02:25 AM
Rob & Anne-Marie,

I think that this video well expressed your greatness as a musician.
It is very difficult to make music to this level without BIAB.
But you have done it very well.
Excellent vocal and guitars!
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Love comes down on me - 11/13/18 02:37 PM
It's hard if not possible to add to Loren's comments on the lyric.

The mood you set with the write, guitar and vocals is a bit different from your later productions. That and your guitar showcase another side of RnAM that we have seen/heard.

We love it.

To throw out an over used word...it's hypnotic. Once you are drawn in you stay and then come back for another helping.

Excellent!!!

J&B
Posted By: Jim Re: Love comes down on me - 11/18/18 06:55 PM
Interesting video & song... I really enjoyed watching & listening!
Posted By: tommyad Re: Love comes down on me - 11/18/18 07:02 PM
I love the vocal processing on this one. The video is so well done and engaging it is worth many views. I loved the song, the vocals and the guitar playing. Great job, Tom
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Love comes down on me - 11/23/18 05:50 PM
I have never heard a more well-produced track here, or maybe anywhere!!! The vocal is KILLER!! What was your signal path (recording and mixing)? The music has that infectious rich 80's feel. Nice playing! AMAZING!!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums