RealTracks in style: 627:Pedal Steel, Background 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~529:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 2720:Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking SlowSwingBrent Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 2357:Sax, Baritone, Soloist Slow128BluesGary Sw 060
RealDrums in style: MultiRD [Multi]

https://soundcloud.com/randycarver/sad-sundays
Posted By: bluage Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/08/18 04:26 AM
Hey, there, "rcarver"...

Mixing (or blending) Real Tracks from different genres is an adventurous, exciting and inspirational thing to do! Sometimes they actually compliment each other. The proof is in your song, "Sad Sundays".

Putting a pedal steel guitar on the same musical street as a baritone saxophone certainly evokes the sadness of a particular Sunday in a particular place and time. The pedal steel instrument speaks of dusty roads, quiet towns and grassy railroad tracks, fields of fallow farmland, fishing holes, and so on. The baritone sax solo evokes the sound of Christian missions calling out for sinners on skid row streets. All in all, it's a weary, winding-down feel that you've materialized out of your tracks, "rcarver".

It's a fine mood piece, sir! cool

Sun-dazed,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/08/18 12:31 PM
Really nice work on this one smile It has a really gentle sway to it which I liked, and I thought the guitar work was really stand out. It isn't often I hear a baritone sax and a sliding guitar on the same song, but this tune pulled it off beautifully.

Nice job - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/08/18 12:42 PM
Great job, rcarver!!! The base rhythm is what drives this tune forward, for me, together with some great instrumental arrangement choices and melodies. I want to hear more!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/08/18 03:20 PM
I find that the instrumentals on this forum tend to be some of my favourites to listen to. I like using the title of the song to help set the mood that I come to expect from the song before I give it a listen. Just to see if it matches!

Awesome job and thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/08/18 09:25 PM
Cool tune Randy. Well done
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/11/18 09:25 PM
Nice tune there!! Nicely done. Really good mix. The feeling is great.....Sad Sundays is the perfect title! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Sad Sundays (Instrumental) - 11/12/18 08:45 PM
Hi Randy,
Great Instrumental ,unique arrangement and throughly enjoyable,Thanks for the post Hugh
© PG Music Forums