PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Life is Wonderful - 11/09/18 11:57 PM
Grab a nice cup of tea, a glass of good red wine, a bottle of water - or whatever you prefer. Sit down, make yourself comfortable, close your eyes and enjoy this track. I hope it will make you forget - just for 5 minutes - all the troubles you have in your life.

The banjo (RT1035) is the star of the show:

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/life-is-wonderful

Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 12:59 AM
Coca-cola for me, and five minutes later I feel better about everything. THANKS! Lovely progression that resolved sweetly in that long, slow fade. Yes, banjo is the star, but the major co-star for me is that high EQ'd percussion. A dreamy high-end is not something you hear every day, and it worked in this just great.

Really enjoyed the listen, Will.
Posted By: rayc Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 07:15 AM
Good structure and an adventurous mix.
Well done.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 11:55 AM
Very cool intro and chord progression. Banjo was very cool. Some excellent instrument choices..
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 03:34 PM
Yes, very relaxing in the way only a jangly banjo can be!
Cool percussion and your timing for bringing in the oohs is spot on.

Robert
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 03:45 PM
Hi Will,

You've given us all a valuable glimpse into how easy it is to use BIAB to construct musical journeys in whatever genre one wants to work in. This is far removed from your recent EDM productions!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 04:07 PM
Hey Will Josef, thank you for sharing this! The arrangement is wonderful to the ears and I dig the overall timbres. That banjo is an excellent touch! Well done!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 04:10 PM
Nice track, I like the chord progression.

Very different from the other songs of yours that I have heard which shows your versatility.

Is the piano a realtrack?
Posted By: PeterF Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 06:20 PM
Pretty progression and sound - nice when the piano enters and the general slow build up.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 06:29 PM
Well, that is certainly different!

The slow build is what held our attention.

Well done.

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 06:34 PM
As several have already noted, quite different from your typical post. I really enjoyed it. When the vocal background came in, the song took off and soared. the percussion is really nice, particularly the kick drum. I drank most of a Dr Pepper and enjoyed the smile this put on my face! best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/10/18 08:51 PM
Thank you all for the very nice comments. I really appreciate that!

I feel it like a HUGE compliment that a few of you are mentioning the "vocal" background, because it is actually a synth I tried to mix in so it will sound like vocals.
I tried the real "ahhs", etc. but it just didn't sound good - probably because I use some odd and unusually chords for this genre.

@Dave
The piano is RealTrack 1542.

Thank you for listening!
Will
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/11/18 09:17 AM
Really interesting and unusual use of banjo plus a soothing backbeat making a fascinating effect. I like the way it builds gradually
Posted By: Skyline Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/11/18 09:48 AM
Will, this is one of the most imaginative pieces I've heard in a long while. It's not easy to go left of field and come up with something that's not just unique, but works extremely well. A very enjoyable listen!
(NB: A digital 'click' crept into the fade at 5:36 you may want to edit out.)

Regards
John
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/11/18 11:09 AM
Peaceful, tranquil, great listening. Sometimes music that is uncluttered, simple, interestingly repetitive, can be a great gift to the ear. That’s what this track is. Very nice work!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Life is Wonderful - 11/11/18 08:38 PM
funkycornwall, John and Tano Music. Thanks for you nice comments. Much appreciated!

@John
Yes, I noticed the digital click after I uploaded the track, but I'm not a pro-member of SoundCloud, so I don't think I can replace the track... at least I don't know how to do it being a non-paying member.

@Tano Music
I agree with you that repetitive music sometimes can be great to listen to, it can put you in certain meditative state of mind - I think that is why Ravel's Bolero or Phillip Glass' music is quite popular.

Thanks for listening,
Will
© PG Music Forums