PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/12/18 07:13 PM
Hi Gang;

I recently listened to this song and found it lacking to my taste. Although, it was good in its day but my mixing abilities have grown and I wanted to update it to match the newer mixes!

Let's say originally it weighed about 10 pounds. Now, 25Lbs!!! =D I enhanced the vocals and background instruments, which, in my opinion, makes the song what it is!

If you're interested; take a new listen. (All channels included.)=D

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/what-am-i-doing-here

P.S. Thanks to all of you who gave another listen to "New England Fall."

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/12/18 08:56 PM
Hi Dave,
Didnt hear ur earler version but this is something I could imagine Andrea Bocelli sing classically or Glen campbell do a country version.It has universal appeal.Intro catches you from the start and the vocal has a tormented ,meaningful aspect to it that suits the song .Enjoyed it 100%
Hugh
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/12/18 11:23 PM
Hi Hugh2!!!

Thanks for your listen.

I didn't have to make too many changes to this song; all I really wanted to do was increase the tone and volume, and increase its scope. My aim was to increase the emotions.

Sorry about the vocals, I'm truly no Andrea Bocelli, but you have to use what you have to get what you want!!! =D

Thanks again,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/12/18 11:44 PM
Hey Hugh2:

I went back and listened to this song again. This time instead of me singing, I imagined Andrea Bocelli singing! What a powerful version this would be!

You were right!!!

Thanks again,
Dave
Posted By: Tangmo Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/13/18 03:34 AM
Brilliant progression and melody. I really liked the build through the strings and production. Your vocal is moving and emotional and the doubling is effective. You have a very nice and natural vibrato that ends your phrases which adds to the emotion. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/13/18 05:19 PM
Hi Tangmo!

Thank you for your kind inspirational words!

I never fancied myself as a singer, but this is very encouraging!!!

Thanks again,
Dave
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: New Mix: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 11/13/18 06:28 PM
Hi Dave,ur vocals are perfect for the song.Bochelli would do well to get to sing it!now that would be something!hugh
© PG Music Forums