PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/15/18 03:53 PM
Hi Gang;

So, this time I decided to make this song a bit WIDER to capture the full stage sound of a live band. Also, I've blended the slow chorus of angel voices and matched the tempo of the rest of the song to give it a better flow because it was throwing everyone off.

To me it sounded like a wild animal caught in a soup can...I had to free it!

If you have an interest, take another listen. I think you like this version better...

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/not-anymore
Posted By: bluage Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/15/18 09:52 PM
Hey, there, "DaveBrooksMusic"...

"Not Any More" is still the pounding, throbbing, kamikaze guitar-diving explosion of sound and wounded blues that it was before, but the changes to the bridge do provide a nice resting place after the first part of the song, what with the ethereal choir marking time with the wood block tick-tocking like the countdown to the explosion of the second part.

What once was a two-fisted rocker has been transformed into a head-basher! Keep this up and your neighbors are gonna complain laugh !!!

Rolling with your rock,

LOREN
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/16/18 02:42 PM
These drums really smack! The arrangement is this is quite fun. Love the choir breakdown with Cowbell. Can never have enough Cowbell, well done!
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/16/18 05:57 PM
Hi LOREN!!!

Thanks for the listen!

And thanks for the kind words. Regarding the neighbors, we're still not on speaking terms...too bad!!! =D

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/16/18 06:01 PM
Hi Joe (MF=D)

What the world needs now is more "Hell's Bells and cowbells!!!

Look out when I get my hands on some "Hell's Bells!!!" =D

Give my regards to the BIAB TROOPS!!!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/16/18 06:10 PM
Very nice guitar work. I liked the groove you have going on here. Nice vocals also. That choir break was a great idea.

I liked this.
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/17/18 05:43 PM
Zup Mario!

How's doing? I had a dream last night that I was on 5th Ave, NYC in front of the Public Library, just as the sun went down, and the wind started blowing the leaves...anything to do with your new song?

Thanks again for the kind words. I decide to take you advice regarding the song's ending. When "I" started not to listen to it anymore, it was time for a change.

Anywho, I think I cut 10 seconds off the song by doing this.

Thanks again for the listen and comments.

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: RnAM Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/17/18 06:11 PM
Dave,

It is really nice to hear this kind of rock songs from time to time!
Love the angel's choir and the bells.
Go on like this.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/17/18 11:43 PM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie!

Thank you sooooo much for your listen and kind words!

If you had the misfortune (=D) of hearing some of my other recent creations, I think you'd understand my dire need to rock something...ANYTHING out that would ease my frustrations!!! LOL!

Thanks again for taking time out of your schedule to listen!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Mix: "Not Anymore" - 11/18/18 12:12 AM
Hey Joe!

I forgot to mention that the drums are BIAB. I had to equalize some and low htz the kick and toms to get that thump we all love. But, BIAB Real Drums are some of the best to work with...

Thanks again for the listen!!!

All the best,
Dave
© PG Music Forums