PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 04:57 AM
Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix

A little over a year ago I posted the vocal version of this song. Recently, I stripped out the vocal and slightly reworked the lead guitar and ended up with this. Hope you like it. And thanks in advance for any comments you might leave for me. I'll get back to everyone as I can - Di has been in and out of the hospital lately.

An early Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Alan
===========================================================================================================

Here's all the band info:

****** Song Summary - Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix *************

File:Rain All Over Me – Instrumental Mix.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 127, Length (m:s)=4:37

Style is _COURAGE.STY (Courage Fast Blues Keys Shuffle)

RealTracks in song: 1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 1588:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 1585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealTracks in song: ~674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealDrums in style: BluesRockShuffle^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

* The Soundcloud compression really killed the drive of the drums in the mix.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 11:14 AM
Alan awesome guitar work on this tune. So much fun to listen too. Stevie Ray vibe to it. Well done
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 12:46 PM
Cool track, Alan! I certainly hear an SRV vibe happening with this, well done!
Hey there Al-David, great work on this! This is beautiful and a solid key signature choice too. Excellent guitar riffs and I found the organ really helps piece it all together. Looking forward to hear more!
Posted By: furry Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 03:45 PM
Not usually my cup of tea, but this had my feet tapping right through, nice one !
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 04:48 PM
Alan,

This COOKS!

Once again, you show off pieces of BIAB that I don't usually look to. And it makes me want to give them a try...

Excellent mix. A great listen. Killer.

Best to Di. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

fj
Posted By: RnAM Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 06:34 PM
Powerful mix Alan from start to finish!
Our best wishes to Di.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/17/18 11:19 PM
Al,

That`s some very tasty guitar - I`d never heard that solo RT before and this is a fine showcase.
Nothing but the best on this one.

Robert
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/18/18 10:51 AM
Al-David,

I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT !

Reminds me of great Freddy King instrumentals like Hideaway. There may be rain over you - it just brought sun into an an otherwise dark autuumn day.

What more can I say: The guitar caught me completely and technically it's just flawless. It's on my playlist.

Take good care,

Stefan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/19/18 02:39 AM
Thanks, everyone, for those very nice words and the well wishes for Di. She's really struggling right now.

And Stefan, I know what you mean about those autumn nights in Germany. I went through 12 years of them!

Again, many thanks to all!

Alan
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/19/18 04:56 PM
hi alan oh yeah hard to beat this cool tune great guitar chops thanks for sharintg eric
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/19/18 05:47 PM
Alan,

Right from the start, my feet started tapping and dancing around as I sat here listening. After I listened to this a few times, I sat here thinking, "Alan sure knows how to tap into the heart and soul of every genre that he works with." Whether it's jazz, blues, standards, etc., you not only give us delightful entertainment, you also provide us with musical works that live and breathe in the style.

It's two thumbs up from me.

I'm so sorry to hear that the going has got even tougher for Di. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Noel
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/19/18 06:18 PM
Great mix,

sounds like a Texas bar band ripping,

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/19/18 07:00 PM
Hi Alan,

That is an amazing blues track, full of life and "swing". It reminds me of a past part of my life where I played this style of music in a band. Good times!

All the best to you and Di - I hope she will be better soon!

Will
What a tune! Love the bluesy vibe, and the tune has some serious attitude. It definitely hits hard. Precisely the kind of song I'd imagine sounds otherworldly in a live setting. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/20/18 12:58 PM
Many thanks to all who have commented since my last thank you. I wish I had time to reply to each of you personally, but Di's health is very precarious right now. And also, those who have wished her well, she sends her heartfelt thanks, as do I.

Take care and have a great Thanksgiving!

Alan & Di
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/23/18 05:56 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

This COOKS!

Once again, you show off pieces of BIAB that I don't usually look to. And it makes me want to give them a try...

fj

Ditto, Ditto, and DITTO!!!! Great rocker Alan!! Take care. Greg
Alan,

Nice Texas Blues!
I agree with Robert.
That's some very tasty guitar - I'd never heard that solo RT before and this is a fine showcase.
It reached to my ears as if you were actually playing this guitar.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/28/18 05:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Alan,

This COOKS!

fj

Floyd,

Thank you many times over. Sure do appreciate all that. We went to our daughter's house for Thanksgiving and had a real nice day. Hope yours was good, too. Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/28/18 05:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Alan,

This COOKS!

fj

Hi Greg,

Three dittos works for me. Thank ya so much! I do a **LOT** of experimenting with the various tracks. Sometimes it works out pretty good. Glad you enjoyed it! Wishing you all the best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rain All Over Me - Instrumental Mix - 11/28/18 05:13 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Alan,

Nice Texas Blues!
I agree with Robert.
That's some very tasty guitar - I'd never heard that solo RT before and this is a fine showcase.
It reached to my ears as if you were actually playing this guitar.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,

Thank you very much - so glad you liked it. It was a fun mix to put together. Best to you.

Alan
© PG Music Forums