PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Fall is Ending - 11/17/18 05:33 PM
The leaves are falling and it is snowing. Fall is ending here.

This is a quick and dirty that I had fun with. I hope you like it for what it is.

Fall is Ending

Technical info:

BiaB style = fusion EV.8, tempo = 120
I deleted the bass parts.
The strings were modified and became a warm pad - synthmaster
The guitar became a marimba - Kontakt
The drums were split into sections - all used SSD drums - FX = CLA drums were applied to each section
The Piano became EP - Keyzone Classic - Basic electric piano-FX=Vocal Rider stereo

I played the fretless bass - amplitube- SVX-pop chorus FX=vocal rider mono

I played a Kramer NightRider guitar -amplitube-amplitube legacy-amps-jazz amp 120-jazz solo
Posted By: RnAM Re: Fall is Ending - 11/17/18 06:19 PM
Mario,

Fall is just beginning here, but this music is also very suitable for our fall.
Sweet and soothing.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: bluage Re: Fall is Ending - 11/17/18 08:42 PM
Mr. "MarioD"...

If "Fall is Ending" was done in a "quick & dirty" manner, then I wonder what it would sound like performed "slow & clean"? laugh

Wow. David Brooks' post on your SoundCloud page about the "nice jazz chords and changes" was right-on. They caused the song to sound as though it was a lonely spirit wandering the city streets at night, searching for something, or someone...

The marimba substituting for the guitar added a taste of exoticism to the overall mood.

An exceedingly soulful listening experience this was, "MarioD". With the posting of "Fall is Ending", you've greatly enriched the catalog of jazz/blues songs that have appeared in this forum.

Quietly,

LOREN
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Fall is Ending - 11/17/18 11:34 PM
Mario,

Sounding very relaxing on a chilly night here- good groove you have going and a nice mix.

Robert
Posted By: rayc Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 03:43 AM
The guitar tone is perfect for the track. Great substitutions too.
COOL.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 07:27 AM
Nice, Mario!

Love the melodic, jazzy lines happening on the guitar, and bass sounds good too.

Enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 09:22 AM
Cool tune Mario. Guitar was sounding so good. Lovely relaxing piece of music. Mix was right on.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 09:34 AM
Mario,

what a treat... Nice chord progressions, very fine guitar workm great guitar sound.

Fall has just begun over here, but that tune fits our current mood as well.

Just good,

Stefan
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 10:41 AM
Mario… You are so inventive, I love your decision on tracks like this... especially the substitutions and switch-outs that you make. Not only do they sound great, but they demonstrate the creative nature of your approach. When I was in tracks like this, I wind up giving myself a kick in the behind, thinking “why the hell didn’t I think of that?!”

Some of the things I really liked in this track were the clanky high hats that you used, also a lot of the repeated phrases, one after the other...I thought that was very effective...I think you used a diminished chord in some of those sequences...I just liked everything about it!

Thanks for saying goodbye to fall with your excellent work!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 11:57 AM
Mario,

A very nice listen. Nice guitar work... good mix.

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 12:32 PM
Mario,
very relaxing tune!
I was trying to imagine, if it was mine, what would I do to enhance it?
I think some "airy" female humming improvisation would work on it very nicely (not whole tune, but some parts).

Thank you for posting!

Misha.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 01:26 PM
I drive a lot and listen a lot; but because I'm driving can't comment nearly as much as I would like to. That being said, I wanted to tell you something.

I was driving in Iowa as the sun was setting and I listened to this song. It made me aware of and helped capture the moment perfectly. In re-listening to the at different points, I remember that drive. Thanks for the enhancement of a memory. Great songs have a tendency of doing that!
Posted By: furry Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 02:23 PM
Mario old friend, you're sounding as good as ever on this one.
Must have more of your new age stuff as well buddy
Posted By: tommyad Re: Fall is Ending - 11/18/18 07:46 PM
Mario, where I live it is the land of endless summer. I do remember the four seasons and this tune is aptly named. I can almost see those snow flakes and feel the impending winter weather. Some great playing and I seriously enjoyed my listen, Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 03:04 AM
Hello Mario,

There's a certain mystique and friendly haunting in this song. What a great listen! I always love your posts - this one in particular.

I was in Watertown for 2 weeks in January (a long time ago) - talk about cold!!!! That wind blowing of the water and the lake-effect snow was downright freerzing!

Stay warm!

Alan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 03:44 AM
Mario,

A really good composition full of very nice playing and interesting choices.
Excellent.

Peter
Posted By: Skyline Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 09:10 AM
Mario, you have a real knack for making 'visuals inducing' tracks, and this is no exception.
Nicely put together and suitably atmospheric.
cool

John
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 01:10 PM
Wow - nice job Mario, you certainly captured a wintery sound on this one smile The main instruments sound so gentle and soft, yes the slightly aggressive percussion swaying in and out makes it really makes it flow in a unique and enticing way.

I found it to be a really inviting and unique listen - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 02:30 PM
This composition seems pretty polished for a "quick and dirty" piece... enjoyed it very much.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 04:38 PM
hey Mario great job on this everything match well nice chops thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 05:19 PM
Mario,

As with all your works, after I clicked the Soundcloud link, I sat back in my chair with my eyes closed and let your music take me on a scenic tour. You are very skillful when it comes to creating pastoral music that resonates with imagery. As I listened to this composition, pictures unfolded in my mind like clouds drifting. Thank you for the journey!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Fall is Ending - 11/19/18 06:15 PM
Sounds so nice

enjoyed your guitar very much

Kenny
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fall is Ending - 11/20/18 01:34 PM
I would like to thank everyone who listened and commented on this song. I would liked to have thanked each individually but life has been getting in the way.

Again thanx to all for those very nice comments.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fall is Ending - 11/23/18 06:00 PM
Cool groove and WONDERFUL playing!! Initially, it has a little bit of Light My Fire groove, and then goes semi reggae. Very interesting and engaging tune. Love it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rsdean Re: Fall is Ending - 11/25/18 07:17 PM
Mario,

This is excellent... Love the drums and bass!. A very cool piece. smile

Bob
© PG Music Forums