PG Music Home
clickety click: Blues du Soulard © artspurg SABAM 2007-2018, trad adapted and arranged

A traditional reworked Cajun song, with added B-part, started as BIAB melody leadsheet print file for fiddle someone asked me to make, ... and then, and then, and then ... having fun with RTs moving in, and alas out again, sorry PG. One big mixie mess resulted, no RTs any more, only few piano licks from a BIAB pianosupertrack stayed partly alive.

Lyrics:

Blues du Soulard

Quand le blues me prend,
Il faut que j’m’en aillez
J’suis parti m’saouler
Comm’ j’suis saoul, bébé,
Je rentr’ à la maison
Pour voir ma chèr t-i-t’ fill’

Quand j’arriv’ à la maison,
La femm’ est en train d’crier,
J’ai d’mandé pourqoi tu cries,
Ell’ me répond mon nègr’
C’est pour ça que je crie,
De t’voir tout l’temps parti

Oh, bébé, mais moi,
Il faut que j’m’en aillez,
Faut que j’retourn’ m’ saouler,
Quand je pars, tu sais,
Que j’reviens toujours,
Au revoir ma chèr’ catin.

Cool tune. Oved the fiddle and accordion. Excellent vocal.
thnx
"fiddler2007"...

Oh, but hands will be clapping, couples will be swirling over the dance floor, and high times will be had by all wherever "Blues du Solard" is playing!

Everything sounds good about this song: the bouncing bass line, the song of the sweet & bluesy violin melody, the happy accordion chords, and the warm-hearted, celebratory crooning of your voice.

I imagine that this is the kind of music my mother would have been familiar with, as she was born in New Iberia, Louisiana in 1922.

"Blues du Solard" was a lot of fun to listen to, "fiddler2007"!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
What a tune! Really a fan of this. It has tons of texture, and I love how bouncy and playful it is. Definitely nailed the cajun vibe on this one. Really dancey too - this'd fill a dancefloor in a heartbeat.

You did a great job here - thanks for sharing smile
Nice! It's cool to have a cajun song posted here.

You captured the feel very well and we enjoyed the listen.

J&B
Hello Fiddler,

A "true" cajon song - yeah! What a treat! I really enjoyed my listen. I'm originally from St. Louis, Missouri and there's a neighborhood just south of the downtown district called "Soulard". Yes, it was settled by French folks many years back and still retains the culturer - great open air markets in the summer!

Nicely done. Merci beaucoup!

Alan
© PG Music Forums