PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Sorensen A New Use for Biab! - 11/29/18 07:33 PM
[Link no longer valid]

Well, I took this style and kept about a minute of it, and played it for my 3-year old granddaughter, with the express purpose of seeing whether she could sing. She loves the Disney songs, and would try and sing them, and I remember a post somewhere about people who listen to chords and make up a melody, almost as a career, and I thought, why not see if she can sing along. I think she did quite nicely. I then brought it into Reaper and added some Nectar and Ozone. So I think she's a natural singer. And Biab tells me so.

***** Song Summary *************
Title: EZ Listening with Piano RealTracks Demo
File:Waiting_EZPNO85 Demo (ALL REALTRACKS - Slow EZ Listening Piano Quartet).SGU
Key=Bb , Tempo 85, Length (m:s)=3:11
No intro. 32 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 32. Repeat x2 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _EZPNO85.STY (Slow EZ Listening Quartet)

RealTracks in style: ~1386:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ballad Sw 085 (Very Simple)
RealTracks in style: ~2192:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm EZListening Sw 085
RealTracks in style: ~1984:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm EZListening Sw 085
RealDrums in style: JazzBrushes#1: a: JazzBrushes#1b: JazzBrushes#1
plus added tracks: oohs and strings and a flute from Biab.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/29/18 11:39 PM
That was cute Marty. She did very well for her age. The backtrack was cool as well. My mother started me very young with music as well. Best gift anyone can get
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/30/18 02:03 PM
Thanks for sharing - this was so cute! You granddaughter certainly has a knack for it smile
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/30/18 02:06 PM
smile very cool
Posted By: Robertkc Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/30/18 03:22 PM
Marty,

Darn right,the girl`s a natural. I`d say your experiment has opened up a young singer to some possibilities- way to go!

Robert
Posted By: bluage Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/30/18 07:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
So I think she's a natural singer.

Dear Mr. Sorenson...

I believe that little Miss Kira sings with such innocent, yet determined musicality that it was easy for me to imagine her loosening-up even more if the recording has lasted long enough! It seemed to my ear that she followed the root of the chord changes with as much accuracy of pitch as she could muster. There's no doubt to me that she "felt" the mood of your cool, lushly arranged and easy-swinging RealTrack selections. The breaks in her phrasing convinced me that she was thinking about what she would sing, and when and how she would sing it, from one "verse" to the next. I'm convinced of that.

May I ask, did you rehearse this with her, or did you just let her fly on a first and only recording session? Regardless, this was an utterly charming and impressive singing debut for a three year-old child.

With a big smile and an incredulous shake-of-the-head,

LOREN
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: A New Use for Biab! - 11/30/18 07:45 PM
That's cute. My two boys love music too. They are 1 and almost 4 years old. The other night the oldest had his guitar and they were both singing giving me a private performance of some Christmas song lol. Kids are great entertainment. Funny thing is I never liked kids till I had my own.
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: A New Use for Biab! - 12/01/18 01:24 AM
Thank you Loren. No rehearsal, just "listen and try to sing along".

Marty
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A New Use for Biab! - 12/01/18 05:45 PM
How cool!

J&B
Posted By: animarorecords Re: A New Use for Biab! - 12/06/18 01:43 AM
Hello, Marty

Very cute!
What a lovely singing!
It is a bit difficult melody for children to sing, but she is singing properly.
I'm looking forward to seeing how her singing grows.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: A New Use for Biab! - 12/06/18 04:53 PM
hi marty I love to hear kids sing to cute you run biab well and she sang with passion enjoyed thanks eric
© PG Music Forums