PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 12:19 PM
Easy Swing Pachelbel

Style is _J085_BD.STY (Classy Easy Swing Ballad), Chords taken from Ultimate Guitar.
481:Bass, 487:Piano, 555:Guitar,2953:Strings,747:Piano, 492:Trumpet RealDrums JazzBrushesSticks
Mixed in Reaper, Ozone Elements 8 bass (thick bass) and master (contemporary jazz), cymbals added from Ableton Live Lite because it's so easy to do. Everything else has latency (SampleTank 3, Sforzando, Aria) and all the samples I've downloaded are too hard to go searching for.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 01:54 PM
Hi Marty.

This is a real nice, easy swing piece. Very relaxing and a pleasure to listen to. I particularly enjoyed the trombone. Nice work!!!

Alan
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 07:06 PM
Very laidback Marty. Rob
Posted By: Jim Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 07:42 PM
Nice... I really like the trumpet solo when it kicked in about 2:12... very nice indeed.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 08:40 PM
Marty,

Some ear-catching changes throughout the piece.

Interesting listening.

fj
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/07/18 11:25 PM
Marty,

Interesting and smooth way to make Pachelbel swing - the trumpet really adds class.

Robert
Posted By: bluage Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/08/18 10:20 PM
Mr. Sorenson...

This "Easy Swing Pachelbel" was a surprise in form, chord structure, tempo and feel. It's always interesting to hear classical works adapted to the jazz genre, if only to listen them swing with their new jazz clothing on!

For me, those bluesy piano breaks were like little intros that opened the door into the next, and then the next, segment of your low-key, mini-chamber jazz composition. It had an elegant, orderly sound with just the right flavor and quality of improvisation from the solo instruments.

May I ask what the name of the source composition is -- if there was one?

Classy jazz, indeed!

LOREN
Posted By: PeterF Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/09/18 01:44 AM
Marty
Nice take on Pachelbels Canon.
Clever production. I also liked the trumpet section.

Peter
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/09/18 12:36 PM

Sounds great Marty!!

Really excellent mix. I loved everything about this one.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/10/18 08:39 AM
Cool backtrack Marty
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/10/18 05:28 PM
BIAB is great for experimenting, isn't it? Enjoyed this experiment!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Easy Swing Pachelbel - 12/16/18 02:19 PM
Hello Marty,

what a nice and easy-swinging thing this is. Especially the trombone part is so cool.. Enjoyed the listen a lot.

Happy Holidays and all the best for 2019.

Stefan
© PG Music Forums