PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 02:10 PM
Heartbroke In LA

I HAVE REDONE THE LEAD GUITAR TRACK SINCE ORIGINAlLY POSTING THIS

An edgy guitar rock ballad with a hint of dubstep in the percussion, particularly in the chorus. The style description says "Dreamy Guitar Pop" - I changed that from "Dreamy" to "Edgy" by bringing in a few replacement tracks.

I've been very sick the past week and haven't been very active on the boards. Will get back to listening and commenting as soon as I feel better. Hope you enjoy my first effort with BIAB 2019.

****** Song Summary - Heartbroke In LA *************

File:Heartbroke In La.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 70, Length (m:s)=3:18

Style is _WILLFUL.STY (Willful Modern Dreamy Guitar Pop)

RealTracks in style: 1827:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1004:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockStrumming Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1828:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGroove Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065
Loop in Song: Dubstep\Dubstep - no_way_out_140_choir_f_sharp_minor.wav
RealDrums [in style:RetroPop^05-a:Bass, SharpeSnare, b:Bass, Snare
Posted By: rsdean Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 03:54 PM
Alan,

Sounds awesome! Very edgy and cool... Love the track substitutions - really makes the song.

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 04:06 PM
Yeah! I really like this one, Alan.

Great arrangement, those realdrums really worked well and set the mood for the piece. Guitar sounds awesome!

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 07:17 PM
This really has a lot of power Al/ get well soon. Rob
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 08:15 PM
Al,

Great showcase for that Brent Mason guitar track. I agree with Dave the drums set this up nicely.
All the best,

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/09/18 08:45 PM
Alan, you are so good at putting these instrumental tracks together! Another fine job here! I hope you feel better soon! Thanks, T
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:09 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

Sounds awesome! Very edgy and cool... Love the track substitutions - really makes the song.

Excellent!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the very nice comments. I'm glad the tracks work for you. I'm not totally happy with the guitar but will keep working on it. Again,. many thanks.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:11 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah! I really like this one, Alan.

Great arrangement, those realdrums really worked well and set the mood for the piece. Guitar sounds awesome!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hello Dave,

Always great to hear from you. Thank you for the kind comments. I'm still feeling pretty rough but didn't want to get too far behind on replies/ Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
This really has a lot of power Al/ get well soon. Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for those really nice comments and the well wishes. Feeling pretty bad right now but I expect I'll live through it. Thanks again,

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,

Great showcase for that Brent Mason guitar track. I agree with Dave the drums set this up nicely.
All the best,

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thank you so much. When I heard the drums, they really caught my attention. I immediately told myself I gotta do something with them. Glad you enjoyed it. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan, you are so good at putting these instrumental tracks together! Another fine job here! I hope you feel better soon! Thanks, T

Ho Torrey,

You are much too kind! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I appreciate those words. I do a **LOT** of experimenting with the individual tracks from the various styles and mix and match until i find something I think works. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Many thanks.

ALan
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 08:57 AM
Alan, really nice track that captures the spirit of the style!
Enjoyed my listen a lot..liked the interesting changes you scripted for the BIAB band.
Get better!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 11:09 AM
Wow - you did an outstanding job on this one smile The guitar's tone has so much emotion here, and the backing tracks were the perfect match. It is beautifully solemn, and you can tell it comes from the heart.

Not a thing I' d change on this one - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you did an outstanding job on this one smile The guitar's tone has so much emotion here, and the backing tracks were the perfect match. It is beautifully solemn, and you can tell it comes from the heart.

Not a thing I'd change on this one - thanks for sharing!

Thank you Deryk! Glad you liked it. I might tinker just a bit with the lead guitar, but other than that - I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks again.

Alan
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:27 PM

Nice sound. great real tracks in your music.
Sergio
Posted By: dcuny Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 05:35 PM
Sounds really good to my ears!

Fix the hiccup at 0:32 and perhaps get a better transition at 2:59, and you're golden.

Nicely done.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Alan, really nice track that captures the spirit of the style!
Enjoyed my listen a lot..liked the interesting changes you scripted for the BIAB band.
Get better!

Hi Tano,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I appreciate that very much. Glad you enjoyed it. I have redone the lead guitar track, and tweaked a couple of other small things, since I originally posted this. Again. many thanks.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Nice sound. great real tracks in your music.
Sergio

Sergio,

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it! Best to you.

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Sounds really good to my ears!

Fix the hiccup at 0:32 and perhaps get a better transition at 2:59, and you're golden.

Nicely done.

Hi David,

I couldn't do a lot with that 0:32 glitch so I completely redid the lead guitar track - tamed it down just a bunch and got rid of the two issues you mentioned. I tweaked a couple of other small things while I was at it. I think it sounds much better now - thanks for pointing those two issues out to me. I don't know if it's "gold" now, or not, but it is better! Many thanks. Best to you.

ALan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 08:03 PM
Excellent job on this, Alan. A very enjoyable listen. That guitar is sweet!!

Nice mix.

fj
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 08:26 PM
Sweet tune Alan!!! Love the emotion in that guitar track! Really well put together and mixed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/10/18 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
I think it sounds much better now - thanks for pointing those two issues out to me.

When you've been working with something for a while, it's hard to know when you should stop messing with it because you're past the point of diminishing returns.

Definitely has a different feel - still sounds great.

Glad you got it where you wanted it. laugh
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/11/18 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Excellent job on this, Alan. A very enjoyable listen. That guitar is sweet!!

Nice mix.

fj
\

Thanks Floyd. Glad ya liked it. Gotta couple with vocals coming up as soon as I get over this terrible cold I have - can't even talk at the moment. Thanks again.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/11/18 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sweet tune Alan!!! Love the emotion in that guitar track! Really well put together and mixed!! Take care. Greg

Many thanks, Greg. I was pretty happy with the mix of RTs I could find. Sometimes y aget lucky and find what you're really looking for. Appreciate the kind words. best to you.

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/11/18 03:27 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Originally Posted By: Al-David
I think it sounds much better now - thanks for pointing those two issues out to me.

When you've been working with something for a while, it's hard to know when you should stop messing with it because you're past the point of diminishing returns.

Definitely has a different feel - still sounds great.

Glad you got it where you wanted it. laugh

Hi David,

Thanks for coming back for another listen. And yeah, the lead has a somewhat different character but I like it. I tamed the original track and ended up with this. Glad the newer version works for ya. I appreciate the relook and the followup comments. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/12/18 10:27 PM
Wow, that was a wild journey!
I liked classic rock guitar and dub step marriage. Nice tune Alan.

Thank you!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/13/18 07:10 PM
Nice! The guitar works very well.

I don't even know what "dubstep" is. Guess it's google time!

J&B
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/14/18 01:13 PM
Hi Alan,

this is simply magnificent - had to listen to it twice immediately. You're so incredibly versatile. When I listen to damnce Delhil first and then to this gem, I hardly can believe they were written and played by the same guy.

What a great guitar sound - I'd really like to know about the guitar and amp you got it out of.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/20/18 01:48 AM
Alan,

As many others said, you always choose really good guitar track.
This tune is no exception.
The guitar is very sweet.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: edshaw Re: Heartbroke In LA - 12/20/18 12:15 PM
Get well, soon, Al.
That genre is powerful and inspirational. The improvisational and explosive nature of the playing nourishes the imagination,
in that the listener is never exactly sure where the music is going to go, next. That means, we make of it both what we are hearing, in the moment, and what we might think we want to hear as it continues, the very signature of improvisation -- it is participatory. Hope this is not going too deep into analysis. Enjoyable tune.
© PG Music Forums