PG Music Home
Hi all. Just completed this old classic. Had to try a heap of keys to suit my vocal range-bit of a struggle.
All comments welcome. Rob

[Link no longer valid]

Beautiful dreamer wake unto me

Starlight and dewdrops are awaiting thee

Sounds of the rude world heard in the day

Lulled by the moonlight have all passed away

Beautiful dreamer queen of my song

List while I woo thee with soft melody

Gone are the cares of life's busy throng

Beautiful dreamer awake unto me

Beautiful dreamer awake unto me

Beautiful Dreamer out on the sea

Mermaids are chanting the wild Lorelei

Over the streamlet vapors are borne

Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn

Beautiful Dreamer beam on my heart

Even as the morn on the streamlet and sea

Then will all clouds of sorrow depart

Beautiful Dreamer awake unto me

Beautiful Dreamer awake unto me

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
A medium-tempo country waltz with background nylon guitar playing melodically. Acoustic steel-string guitar fingerpicking alternates between low and high strings with a swung eighth-note feel and acoustic piano plays in a similar fashion. The acoustic bass plays a very minimal pattern with an emphasis on the downbeat. NashClassicWaltzSw^ RealDrums use their sixth variation with sidestick hits in the A section and heavy brush hits in the B section. This song is in the key of F#m/A and has a solemn feel, created with simple maj/min triads.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: _NEWLIFE - New Life Med Nylon Country Waltz
File:Beautiful Dreamer 3.SGU
Key=A# , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=2:31
No intro. 80 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 80. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _NEWLIFE.STY (New Life Med Nylon Country Waltz)

RealTracks in style: ~1122:Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~1701:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 2717:Guitar, Nylon, Background WaltzBrent Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~826:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Country Waltz Sw 110
RealDrums in style: NashClassicWaltzSw^6-a:SideStick, Brushes , b:Snare, Brushes

Nice cover on this Rob!! Always liked this song. Didn't realize it was a Stephen Foster. Well done! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Had to try a heap of keys to suit my vocal range-bit of a struggle.

Heh. It doesn't exactly start on a low note, does it? laugh

Nice rendition, pleasant listen. Really not much else to say.
My parents played this song allot. Super vocal and wonderful memory for me. Thank you Rob, Well done
Hello, "Rob4580"...

Over the years, everytime the song, "Beautiful Dreamer" has reached my ears, it almost always was presented in the context of a parody that mocked romantic sentiments, usually in television shows and commercials. I 'm sure its archaic language had something to do with the disrespectful treatment it has received. This is the first time I've heard it sung in its entirety with all of the lyrics intact.

That being said, the way you sing it, "Rob4580", does indeed impart the quality of a dream. I could imagine you crooning the song to win someone's heart on a clear, cloudless night dominated by a big, brilliant moon.

I could use some insight into the what is the subject of the song, though laugh !!! Nonetheless, the melody is unforgettable and you wrap your voice around it with all the tenderness of a lover's caress.

For all beautiful dreamers,

LOREN
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nice cover on this Rob!! Always liked this song. Didn't realize it was a Stephen Foster. Well done! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg. Thank you for listening. Rob
First I have heard this song.

You made it sound your own, I thought you had wrote it.

Nice vocals and mix great ballad sound
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Had to try a heap of keys to suit my vocal range-bit of a struggle.

Heh. It doesn't exactly start on a low note, does it? laugh

Nice rendition, pleasant listen. Really not much else to say.

Thank you for your comment David.
Hi Rob,

This was the first non-country song I learned to play on the guitar. I've always loved the simple beauty of the song. This is a lovely version that suits your full, smooth voice. What a treat!

At least you have a vocal range that eventually finds a good key. My vocal range nearly includes a full octave - when it's in good shape! Very, very nice! best to you.

Alan
Originally Posted By: Scott C
My parents played this song allot. Super vocal and wonderful memory for me. Thank you Rob, Well done

Hi Scott. My grand parents used to play this old tune. Thanks for listening. Rob
Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, "Rob4580"...

Over the years, everytime the song, "Beautiful Dreamer" has reached my ears, it almost always was presented in the context of a parody that mocked romantic sentiments, usually in television shows and commercials. I 'm sure its archaic language had something to do with the disrespectful treatment it has received. This is the first time I've heard it sung in its entirety with all of the lyrics intact.

That being said, the way you sing it, "Rob4580", does indeed impart the quality of a dream. I could imagine you crooning the song to win someone's heart on a clear, cloudless night dominated by a big, brilliant moon.

I could use some insight into the what is the subject of the song, though laugh !!! Nonetheless, the melody is unforgettable and you wrap your voice around it with all the tenderness of a lover's caress.

For all beautiful dreamers,

LOREN

Hello Loren. I'm very flattered by your comment.
Thanks for listening> Rob
I miss these types of songs. Just nice, easy, and a simple message. You don't have to think, you get to just enjoy. And enjoy this I did! Thanks for sharing it!
Very nice...it's always a pleasure to hear a fresh version of favorite PD song.

We enjoyed it very much.

J&B
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
First I have heard this song.

You made it sound your own, I thought you had wrote it.

Nice vocals and mix great ballad sound

Thank you Beatmaster.
Rob,

As I wrote on Soundcloud, "Beautiful Dreamer" was the very first song that I learnt to play on the button accordion a few decades ago. As I sat here listening to you excellent presentation, you stirred up many enjoyable memories that I hadn't realised were still in my head. Thank you for that!

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums